My story is entitled Inside the characters mind was the issue about a stolen child by name Victoria.

Written in response to: Set your story inside a character’s mind, literally.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Creative Nonfiction Mystery

My story is entitled Inside a characters mind was the issue about a stolen child by name Victoria.


Once upon a time,there lived a young man by name Peter English.

However Peter English plan was to speak to John Smith boys and see whether they knew any more about the disappearance of the young girl Victoria.

Mostly children were often afraid to tell a grown up something but they do not mind talking about it to another youngster.

Besides whenever they were questioned again they considerably remembered something more about the man who had taken their friend and colleague away ,they thought that it might not be the inevitable death to be precise.


Peter English was investigating to get something that might help him to discover who he was actually .

As noted it was a Sunday morning so the girls were at the school by then ,as he actually approached their house Peter English saw most of them playing within the garden and the sports field. Peter English actually told them who he was and as soon as they heard that he was Victorias cousin they looked almost fightened and refused to answer him at that moment.


Peter English did not say anything about their missing friend and playmate Victoria but tried as much as possible to make them talk about their game and considerably the things they often did at school.

They hardly spoke and he was beginning to give up hope a howl from the younger girl announced that she had broken the toy car.

The wheel had come off from the toy car and the game was spoiled.


However he did not worry said Peter English ,I thought that he could mend it. Also let me have it within a moment.

Again , skillfully he began to then mend the toy car and the two other children pressed close to him by forgetting their shyness within their interest in watching him.

As the little car was ready for the road again they were chattering away like some old friends of some sort. Now was the time to ask about Victoria.

Yet he was almost sure that there was something that they hadn't told him , something that they were holding back. Peter English knew considerably well that it was of no use getting angry and annoyed since he found no help from the children. Yet he was almost sure that there was something that they hadn't told him.

It actually means that something that they were holding back.


However,he knew that it was of no use getting angry so he started to bid goodbye. Actually he was getting to his feet when he saw that the younger child who had been playing with his toy car all this time was putting something within his mouth.

Within that same time his brother saw him and then sprang forward to then snatch it away by shouting :Do not let anybody see them.

Finally the little boy then screamed as his brother hit him and gave him a handful of sweets down on the ground.

The man who took Victoria away gave to both the girls and boys sweets.

The kids were not telling the truth since they mentioned that they did not speak to him.

What really did happen.?

Peter English did rolled the toy car along the playground and the garden path.

Victoria is your friend, isn't she.? Peter English asked.

The older boy then nodded then tears filled his eyes.

Yes ,We were great friends and now she has gone away.


However you would like to help us get him back again wouldn't you.?

The boy then nodded again.

Actually if you tell me everything that you can remember it might help us to find him.

I then told my father everything last night said the young boy.

They kept on asking me about the young man who came for Victoria ,how he looks like whether he was a criminal of some sort.

Was he tall or short.? Peter English asked. Most of the boys and girls mentioned that they do not know and they did not actually look at him much.


In addition most of us were too busy then trying to cross the road.

Peter English saw no hope of actually getting any help from these children.

Also Peter English asked the kids to tell the truth since the truth will always set you free.

The kids did not tell Peter English the truth because they knew he would have beaten them .

As can be noted Peter English was supposed to have looked after Victoria.

The young man who happens to be the said criminal came up to the kids whiles they were playing and watching the cows.


He mentioned that he was going to give Victoria a present. He added that he would take Victoria away for a few minutes to give her the present and then he would bring her back to us.

He gave us the sweets and said we could eat them whilst we waited for Victoria to come back.

Actually , Victoria never came back.


However which way did they go.?

Peter English asked kindly.

The said criminal went down the road in his car. He then put Victoria on the crossbar.

He had a car. You did not tell your father by then. His car was bright blue over. The kids could not remember the man much because he gave them sweets that they were eating. The man gave out presents that would keep the children from noticing whom he was or where he went with the kids.

Peter English kept some of the toffees and sweets and mentioned that will help him to find Victoria.

Peter English mentioned he will not tell their parents that they took sweets and toffees from the criminal,since they might punish them.


Lastly , Victoria the stolen child was rescued by Peter English and the two detectives in some remote village.

The criminal and other kidnappers who kidnapped Victoria on a ransom were arrested and imprisoned.

They young Victoria mentioned in great relief that she was nearly raped.

The kidnappers were held guilty of the offence and then sentenced to prison.


In conclusion Peter English a teacher by then advised the children not to always receive gifts and toffees from strangers.



October 11, 2022 06:22

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.