0 comments

Fantasy

Winifred : Ok so he is still alive and well. What is he dreaming of now?.

Boman : Well he's in a strong unconscious state of mind today. I don't think he can hear us.

Winifred : Oh yes he can, being unconscious doesn't mean the soul isn't alive, give me a visual of his vitals.

Boman : His heart rate is sped up wow.. hmmm..let see what he's dreaming about.

As the two sit in a room monitoring a falling soldier's body resting soundly in the cockpit of a robot suit. Winifred and Boman daily come to watch and monitor their friend hooked up to new age technology making sure he stays alive and in hope he one day will come out of uncoincecsses.

Winifred : You see, the soul is always burning.

Winifred and his friend and lab expert are looking into the mind of a war soldier named Fray. Fray exhibited excellent abilities when he was fighting. During his last battle they encountered a new type of soldier called a mecha. A huge mechanical war beast that is sent into this battle for the first time. There were 6 test mechas set to the field by the enemy. While they were slow they caused a lot of damage and easily won the war. Fray took down two mechas on his own and almost downed a third. He got shot by a mechas laser shot in the back, but not directly. Winifred his friend hit the arm of the mecha, while Fray jumped on the mechas back. The laser shot just missed frays upper left back but the force was enough to paralyzed him from consciousness. After seeing that hit he was thought to have been dead. Winifred is a war buddy and best friend. Wanted him to get off the battlefield and live a normal life, that was their promise to each other was to pass the war and live. Winifred and another best friend Boman helped him get Fray, off the battlefield and hidden away from officers and officials while in the medical camps during the last battle. But Fray didn't actually live after that shot. His heart was slowly dying. Winifred knew of the mechas research and designed some of that technology to keep Fray alive. And it worked but Fray to this day is still unconscious.

Years have passed since these events. Winifred and lab expert Boman made a mecha that they want to stop the war with. And they put Fray in it. Fray is sitting in a mecha that is tied to his body, heart and consciousness.

Fray is alive but in his mind he's not in a mecha cockpit. At this time it has been years since he has seen reality and today he has started to wake up. The two look and wait as he is starting to move more than normal. Fray opened his eyes for the first time in years. Cleaning the sleep from his eyes he wakes up in a restful state of mind. Winifred and Boman are shocked at his wake all of a sudden and at the fact he did not panic at his surroundings.

Fray looks around calmly and says "I feel like someone is watching me". Winifred immediately taps on the comms and says " Fray it's me.. Winifred"

Fray looks at the floating monitors.. Winifred and Boman look intently.. Winifred says "Buddy!?".

Fray looks at the screen like he can't understand what is going on but then sarcastically yelles.

What the heck are you two you get me out of this thing, I feel like I'm in a prison!.

Winifred and Boman shout in joy! HE'S ALIVE!.

Boman: OK, OK I just we just were trying to.

Just as he got a word out a warning signal went off in the room. It shouts over the speakers. WARNING INCOMING ATTACK IN AREA, UNKNOWN ENEMY FORCES

APPROACHING. WARNING INCOMING ATTACK IN AREA, UNKNOWN ENEMY FORCES APPROACHING.

Winifred with his happiness cut short looks at the outside cameras. One of the coworkers burst open the doors.Sorry! but Sky Force is incoming! It's hot .

"From Where? " Boman says.

"Who the heck" Winifred mudders.

Fray yells after looking at the warning." Ok first off, where am I? Second, I'm looking at a floating TV. What year is this?. Saying excitedly.

Winifred talks over the comms "Its 2069"

Fray responses while being shaken around.

"WHAT!?"

Winifred while looking down at the console slightly in shame remembering their promise. Long story short, that last war we were in?

Fray: yeah..

Winifred: You didn't quite make it. We faked your death and looked for a way to keep you alive.

Fray: Ok short story long and where am I?.

Winifred: you're in a suit.

Fray: A suit?

Winifred: You remember when you saved us against those robot units?.

Fray: yeah?..

Winifred: Well you are in one. Your hook up to a state of the art war machine kids today call them Mechas.

Fray: Crazy.

Boman: Sorry Fray and we had too. Your body's vitals connected with it. If it dies you die.

In slight disappointment. Fray says what?" in disbelief

Boman : I'm sorry my friend. We didn't want to take the chance to remove you while you were still asleep. You can probably leave now but the power source that keeps you alive you share with the mecha. It works like a sort of car alternator.

The Coworker steps into the middle of the explanation. Sorry again sir but 90% of us have left the building, we need to leave.

Outside the Sky Force have fallen from the skies and hit the earth close to where Winifred and his friends are located. It is 3 mecha units from the Sky Force unit. After the war they scored most of the inhabitants on earth and took to the skies in space. The remaining inhabitants on earth over the years ,rebuilt some parts of the earth. Started family's in order to start over. Winifred was at the helm of this rebuilding the earth with him and Boman. The Sky Forces sensed a strong power source coming from earth. They had long thought no one was still on earth alive. Today the earth is not entirely inhabited but it is florshing strong. The Sky Force notices a powerful signal coming from earth and they are now here to investigate the power source. The source is actually Fray and his Mechas bond.

Winifred: We have no more time. We did not plan on this my friends but we need you to fight for us once again. I will join you. 

Fray there's more Mechas?

Boman: We call them Somas. Yes but yours is special and it's connected with you. The others are literally just suits.

Winifred stops the conversation. Boman Fray let's move out, it's time to fight.

Fray: Let's get to work and Thank you for keeping your promise. We will live through this fight as well.

The two start up their mechas and get ready to fight. Let's ROLL OUT!

October 14, 2023 03:07

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.