THE WINDOW'S EYE

Submitted into Contest #97 in response to: Start your story with an unexpected knock on a window.... view prompt

0 comments

Fantasy

THE WINDOW’S EYE

“What is that interminable blue line called”- told by an undisclosed rough voice with stupendous astonishment being immersed in it of a 24 years old boy with a shake- stubborn mitt pointing towards the infinity. A staggering tone surpassed the bumpy voice in a fraction of seconds and uttered gleefully- “it is the sky”. Then again ruthlessly that unwanted voice is saying –“how big it is!” It is covering an exaggeratedly large number of houses.” Again that happy voice whispered –“Yes it is so”. But that dulcet conversation was standing as a ravaging introvert and again and again deterring an undiminished thirst of a vibrant beauty sucker named Piku.

Before two days a busy family was busy packaging the households as they had to shift tomorrow. However, a boy was immensely waiting for the new house rather he was waiting for the new window which was a gateway to an untarnished world as he was told by his father. His utmost curiosity took him to the monarch of imagines and he started picking off the quandary blocks from the heart of his mind. “When I shall look through that uncanny window, I will enter into another pugnacious arena of umpteen florae and fauna. A tremendous relaxation will unravel me and take me on an adventurous trip. I will wonder in the sky of shoguns, shrink in the river of bliss, bumble in the glee of joy, and chronicle into heaven of sacred dalliance. What a feeling! What a sensational touch I shall get from the window!”

Suddenly he woke up and it was an aroma of the morning. He was ready to leave the past & was eagerly waiting for the new set. Two bygone buildings, placed oppositely, were looking at each other through the windows-their eyes. As the boy reached he drove into that window in a blink of an eye he found his Mantle of Mental Fantasy; gazing at the boy restlessly. He was so captivated that at the night his dreams were also signed by the beauties of the window’s world. His unforeseen inner eye was not allowing his eye to view anything except the perennial picture of nature. Finally, he got up and found his room dispensed with the newly scattered furbishing rays of the sun. A new herd of fortunes was just entering his desires. He opened the window and looked out. Alas! He found the paradise just restore that they embodiment of lush greeneries, the rip-roaring –river; the lustrous flowers; the heart-steering sound of chipping birds - Everything was being embedded in the eternity of Nature. In this community, he was so absorbed that he didn’t know what he had already seen was a dream or what he was seeing is the dream! But an annoying disturbance, coming out of madness was creating a gruesome ambiance for that boy and the disturbance was nothing but the unwanted ravish voice of that 24 years old guy Dhruv who was sitting at the window of the opposite building.

Now the boy got out of his endurance & rudely shouted out at that old person –“Haven’t you taught the lessons of life to your son? It is really a heinous company, take him to a mental hospital and get that person out.”

         Then the overflowing happiness of that old father melted out & his keen vocal cord vibrated –“Hey boy! My son was blind; he was in the hospital for 6 months and after 24 years, for the first time, today his eyes got freedom from the frontier of dreadful -darkness, and look he is grasping the tranquility through that window. Kindly let him drink the Nectar of Nature.”

         The boy lost his words, cultured his conscience, and realized how a window is an eye for a soul."

After listening to it from my grandfather here I began my story-:

It was a sizzling summer and I am finding my eyes physically alive at 6 a.m.; wow it is a baffling thing to believe for me at least. I just groom to the windows with scratching legs and slippery eyes filled with the previous night's turmoil dreams. “Window: - to be materialistic it is just a wooden door but in sense, it connects the behemoth world with the tiny enclosure of our home.It paves us away to the arena of unanimous and clandestine calmness of nature. Things that are non-living proved by science, talk to you when you just extend yourself out through that invisible gate.

Coming to my cosmos, in the busy-bustled life; it is hectic to give some time to ourselves. It seems like every moment of our life has already been sold out by the future. You can't borrow time otherwise you have to pay the rent as a penalty. However, I could hardly find the open window looking at me saying bee frank, open and candid. When I start looking outside to window I start merging myself and being prepared to go for the mundane free journey. When I zoom out, it is drastically an ethereal environment that looks very pristine calling me to join with. A tranquil serenity blush the peace gripped ambiance, Oh  Window! you are marvelous you are enabling me to quench the thirst of beauties &this beauty is not the eye's verdict rather this is the spoken words of the heart.”

Wait wait!!! What I am going on thinking, I have not opened the window till now, how captivating this world is! I am here but the here is there! It is all quagmires. Now as I am opening the window I am seeing just a muted movie going on monotonously. In the clump of sky-scarping buildings, where is that cheerfulness has been clandestine, I could not find out. The ominous silence is depicting the terrible. The wind is blowing but with bitter breezes. The cattle are going in a ruthless manner, sumptuous birds are flying but their wings are no more ebullient.

I am seeing the blossomed flower conveying her story by telepathy " I am also mentally worn out, my petals are flickeringly lighting but not a single bee is coming to me as they have also Corona Quarantine. If someone is coming, he also can’t pierce his sting to absorb my juice because everyone is wearing with a mask." I listened and an embarrassing emotional threat clubbed me; being speechless less I just moved my look rectilinearly and it seems like every chapter of life has been locked down rendering a hidden smile at the ego of modernity.

Where butterflies are flying heedlessly; trees are whispering the tone of torture; how could I find that rustic contentment - that invoking serenity. How could I listen to the honeyed chorus of bees, where could I discover the Lucent light of the rising Sun? I am thinking and thinking and eventually taking me to the world of mere Ham drums. Here I can see, the world is becoming quiet, when I am trying to extract the cream out of it. I felt it's better to see the bolted window unrevealed undiscovered. In the nebula of reticence my solitary harmonic ever hammering heart also started beating silently; before it ceased; I closed the window and made it a blind.

Narrated By

SUDEEP SUDARSHAN RANA

June 10, 2021 14:39

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.