What The Future Holds

Submitted into Contest #89 in response to: Write about someone who is always looking toward the future.... view prompt

0 comments

Mystery Adventure

Do you ever wonder what life will be like in 10 years?

Have you thought about your future?


Do you have dreams and wishes to fulfil?

Do you have a bucket list that you want to tick off?


Well, for Ariel, this is all she ever thinks about. Ever since she turned into a teenager she always wonders what life will be like in her 20s. Her interest lies in what people around her did, for example, her friends making university choices, her cousin moving away to a foreign country, her sister getting married. 


All of these events make her wonder what sort of decisions she will have to make when the time comes. Will she move away from home for her university journey? Will she live in a foreign country? When will she get married and with whom? She has always been curious as to what lies ahead in her life.


She created a diary where she writes everything that she wants to do in her future. All her dreams and wishes are written onto a piece of paper that she intends to accomplish. She wants to be prepared for when the time comes.


When she finishes high school, she wants to study at University, ideally, she wants to move out of her little town and study at a huge, known University. She wants to experience University life such as living on the campus, being independent, providing food and supplements for herself, making new friends with whom she shares her accommodation with. She wants to wake up, get ready and just walk five minutes to her class. She wants to experience the parties and late-night relaxations, the hangovers, and extreme drunkenness. At the same time, she wants to dance and sway her hips to the beat of the tune that the DJ plays. She wants the world to spin and take her into paradise. She wants to love and to lose, she wants to live an independent life in University and uncover how this journey can possibly change her life. 


She knows for a fact that she wants to explore and travel the world by herself, but also with her friends and potentially her partner. She wants to visit all the historic monuments, such as the Great Wall of China, the Taj Mahal, the Eiffel Tower, the pyramids, and much more. She wants to try the different delicacies and cuisines of the foreign countries, such as the spicy food of Asia, the sweets of Germany, the bread of France, various wraps of Mexico, the famous pizzas of Italy and plenty more. She wants a feel of the weather, the iciness of Greenland, the humidity of Asia and Africa, and the warmth of the Tropical Islands. She wants to lay on the beaches of Bali, Bora-Bora, and Costa Rica, and taste the exotic drinks of Maldives and Malta. She wants to experience the luxurious life of Las Vegas, spending her riches in the casinos. She wants to explore her adventurous side.


She wants to do all the daring things such as skydiving, bungee-jumping. In other words, she wants to face her fears and see death in its eyes. She wants to climb the infamous mountains that nature has graced onto Earth. She wants to go paragliding above the harsh currents of the oceans and skiing in the coldest countries of the world. She wants to touch all the animals that inhabit this beautiful world, such as snakes, beautiful birds, lions and other big cats, and most of all, wolves. She wants to sit beside a wolf and howl at the moon just as if she belongs in their pack. She wants to bow down to the King of the jungle and meet heads with it showing the union and friendship she will bear with the majestic creature. 


Her biggest dream is to become famous and rich. She wants to become a famous author and become a multimillionaire with best-selling books. She wants to have fans all over the world who love her and her work. She wants to be known for her imagination and skilful writing. She wants to make millions from selling her novels.


Furthermore, she has always wanted a big house, a mansion. She wants to make so much money that she will be able to afford a mansion. She wants a big mansion to call home, with massive indoor and outdoor pools, a big gym, a big library, a big cinema room with a massive screen, a bigger bedroom, a gaming room filled with arcade games and physical games such as a pool table. She wants to own big cars and sleek cars such as a Lamborghini, a Ferrari, a Land Rover, some of her own personalised vehicles. She wants to have a big garden with an area dedicated to colourful flowers, a big seating area, a basketball court, a swing set, and much more. She wants her home to be a whole Utopian world. This will be one of the best moments in her life.


Then the big question arises, her marriage. She wants to have a really extravagant wedding. Perhaps, before that, she needs to find her Mr. Right, her knight in shining armour. She wants to find her partner, her other half, her soulmate, someone with whom she connects, loves, and cares, can laugh, and cry with. She desires someone who will listen to her non-stop, someone who is funny, someone who can meet all her requirements. Once she finds her dream man, she wants a perfect wedding. She has quite a few ideas of the location but she can't figure out which one she wants to choose. She wants to have a beach wedding, but at the same time, she wants to go to a private location in a foreign country. She can figure out the location later on but she wants her wedding dress to be one in a million, she wants a long veil and a long white dress with fine details. She wants the after-party to be crazy and wild, she wants to party and drink and just enjoy the special moment. Moreover, she wants to have a honeymoon in a paradise location, somewhere where she’s surrounded by nature and the sun. This, without a doubt, will be another best moment in her life.


These are just some of the things that she wants her future to contain. Regardless of how things will take place, all she wants is happiness, her loved ones, and a successful career. She has made her plan for the future, however, she is not sure if that's how things will unfold. She very well hopes that her bucket list can be completed and she will try her best to ensure she can. Again, things may not be in her control but that doesn't mean she will lose faith.


She will try to make her dream come true, she will become a best-selling author with a mansion. She will travel to wonderful destinations and have a lavish wedding.

April 12, 2021 16:21

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.