0 comments

Holiday

Naruto didn't know what to do. He was at a loss this time. The war was raging on, battles being fought, but right now there was nothing but silence. Naruto knew that he should be thankful for the silence, should be thankful for the brief peace of the moment and then Sasuke was in front of him, smiling.

"It's over dobe, we can go home now." He said, and Naruto fell to his knees, tears pouring from his eyes. Sasule kneeled down and pulled Naruto into a hug, and a weight joined them that Naruto knew was Kakashi and then Sakura and he sobbed.

"It's over? It's really over?" He ask into Sasuke's shoulder as he continued to cry, and he felt Sasuke nod as Sakura rubbed his back and Kakashi ran his hands through his hair.

"It's over, we can go home." Kakashi murmured and they helped Naruto upright. Walking home, Naruto thought about how much life had changed for him. Going from the hated orphan, the village pariah to the hero, to having a family.

Once Team 7 walked out of the Konoha gates a team of inexperienced ninja, separated by loneliness and more, and now they were walking into Konoha as one, as a family.

As they walked inside they saw others reuniting with their loved ones, hugging and crying, and naruto looked at his team and smiled. This would always be his family.

"Hey, guys! Let's go eat! I want to go to Ichiraku's, dattebayo!" He shouted and the others just smiled fondly, remembering all the times he said those same words before the war.

"Yeah, let's go." Sakura nodded, and pulled Kakashi and Sasuke along. Once they got to Ichiraku's they saw Old Man Teuchi and his daughter, Ayame, hugging the life out of Naruto.

Ordering two beef ramens and two chicken ramens, they all sat down, clasped their hands together, said "Itadakimasu!" and began to eat.

As they ate they began telling stories about the war and about their lives. Sasuke and Naruto were going to get married, Sakura had asked Ino out and Kakashi just listened fondly. Kakashi faced his team and pulled them into a side hug.

Naruto and Sakura laughed and Sasuke leaned in, and they all knew then—there would be no separating Team 7, for they, were family.

November 23, 2019 16:46

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.