0 comments

General

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" Lizzie shouted excitedly.

"Ugh." Lizzie's sister, Emily said. "What is it?"

"Remember that video that I posted about, like, 15 minute ago?"

"Is it the the one that you think is super funny but is actually really dumb? Yeah, I remember." Emily said without looking up from her magazine.

"Em, it's not stupid. It's super funny, and other people think that too. Because my post just got over 500 likes!"

"I don't believe you, Liz, you're always joking around like a 3 year old."

"Fine, if you don't believe me, take a look yourself." And then Lizzie shoved her phone in Emily's face.

"Fine!" Emily grabbed the phone out of Lizzie's hands.

When she looked at the phone, her face was filled with mixed emotions. Shocked and surprised. While Emily's face was experiencing some mild issues, Lizzie can't keep a straight face, she can't help but smile.

Finally, Emily said something.

"OMG! Lizzie, you're insta famous, like ME!" Lizzie ignored the last part.

" I know, right?" Suddenly, Emily's face lit up."Maybe...."

At first, Lizzie was confused but then she realised what Emily was talking about.

"It's CLASS TIME!" Emily shouted. Emily always wanted to role play being a teacher, since that's what she wanted to be when she grow up.

" No, no, NO! "

"Yes!"

"Mm-mm, nah-ah."

"Please, Liz!"

"No way. Nope. Never."

Then Emily started to nod furiously, saying 'yes', while Liz is shaking her head saying 'no'. Finally, Liz gave in and said-

"Fine, I'll do it. Ugh!"

"OMG! Really? OK, OK, OK. just give me 5 minutes. Now get your butt out of this room." Laughing, Liz said, "Alright. Chill out."

Then she went downstairs to read a book. After 3 minutes, Em yelled " Liz! I'm done."

"OK." When she entered the room, immediately, Em shouted "Sit down!"

"Um....OK?"

" OK, first lesson. What do you do if suddenly you become insta famous like in this situation?' Liz didn't have an idea. So that's what she told Em.

"No idea." Em became angry.

"Why? You should, if you want to be famous. Do you?"

"Yes, but I don't know the answer to that question."

"But I said you should."

"Well, Emily if you say that I should, that doesn't mean that I would know the answer right away." Then, they started shouting at each other. "You know what? I don't want to do this anymore. And you're a bad teacher anyways!"

"*Gasps* How dare you say that? You know that I want to be a teacher when I grow up and you're just trying to hurt me!" Right then, their mum came in. "What are you girls squabbling about?"

"Well I posted something on insta and-"

"On what?" Their mom asked.

"Let's just call it social media. As I was saying, the thing that I posted went viral and then Em wanted to train me into being famous and then she asked me stupid questions!"

"It's not stupid!"

"Yes it is, like donkey stupid!"

"Enough!" Mum shouted."What are you guys? Little babies? We will solve it out.By talking. Liz, you go first."

"Well, usually, when I post something, nobody ever likes it, and I'm used to that. Now my post goes viral, and I feel like don't want it to be."

"Hm....Em, say sorry."

"Fine, I'm-"

"Say it like you mean it."

I will if you just go outside,Mum." She walks straight downstairs.

"*Sigh*I'm really sorry, Liz. I guess I just really wanted you to be like me."

"I'm sorry too, especially when I said that you're a bad teacher."

"I really appreciated that. We cool now?"

"Yeah." They hugged and went downstairs to eat dinner.

The next day, it was Saturday and Em and Liz slept in while their mum and dad woke up at the normal time they usually woke up at so they can go grocery shopping for the picnic that they always have on the weekends. Then afterwards, they would go somewhere fun, like the movies. When they came back, the sisters was still asleep. "Honey, what do you want to do after the picnic?" Mum asked dad. "And it can't be the museum again because we already went there last week. I think we should make it a surprise for the kids, because, you know? Yesterday?"

"Hm....that sounds like a great idea! I think we should go to the beach."

"Yeah, but I think we should go to the mall and go ice skating."

"But today is hot so I think we should go to the beach."

"Today is hot so I think we should go ice skating, because it has ice?"

"Well the beach is better because the water will be cool. Plus, the girls would've have wanted that."

"*Gasps* Don't 'the girls would've wanted that' me! You don't tell me what the girls want!" And then they started fighting how their own children did. It's very embarrassing if you think about it. The sound of their parents fighting, freaked the the girls out, since it was loud enough to wake them up. So they scrambled out of bed in their PJ's and without washing their faces, they went straight to the kitchen where their parents are, squabbling like themselves just yesterday.

"What is going on?!" Lizzie said, freaked. "Why are you guys fighting?" Em didn't say anything but her face is saying the same thing. "Um....it's nothing kids, just erm....go wash your face then we will tell you." So the sisters did as they were told, hoping to get an explanation. When they came out again, their parents were in the living room on the couch waiting for them.

"When they entered the room they said, "We believe we deserve an explanation."

"And you do." Mom said disappointedly. "Well the problem here is that dad is being a donkey."

"*Gasps*How dare you, you're the one being the donkey."

"No! Y-" Mom was cut off by Lizzie, she's a peacemaker.

"Both of you are being donkeys right now. We will solve the problem in time for our picnic. And we will solve this problem by talking. OK, Mum, why don't you go first?"

Dad made a face. "But-" Lizzie shot him a daring look.

"Ah-ah, ladies first." Dad can't help but roll his eyes. "Fine."

"Mum?"

"Oh right, OK. Well, you know, yesterday you had that fight and you made up pretty quickly and we were quite impressed. So we decided to make it a surprise to where we're going. And today is pretty hot so dad wanted to bring you guys to the beach, but I, wanted to bring you guys to the ice skating place. So we had a fight."

"Like little children." Lizzie said. "Alright, dad?"

He just shrugged and said: "Mum said it all." Mum smiled a little bit.

"But I just want to ask one question, where do you guys want to go?" Emily and Lizzie looked at each other and said, "We want to go to the Aquarium, we talked about it in the bathroom. So if you guys made it a surprise, we would've hated it."

"Alright then, the Aquarium it is!" Mum said. "Go get changed."




April 23, 2020 01:38

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.