The Dare of a Lifetime

Submitted into Contest #94 in response to: Start your story with someone accepting a dare.... view prompt

0 comments

Friendship Funny Happy

You never know what you are getting yourself into when you're around your friends. Friends are crazy and fun, to where you never know what they are going to come up with next. The type of friends I have are crazy for the game called Truth or Dare. Prepare yourself for the crazy stuff that’s about to come your way. I based this story on true events that have happened to many people who play Truth or Dare.

Long ago when I was about 22 years old was when I picked dare at the wrong time. I didn’t even know that this would be the craziest dare that I had ever done in my life. I told you, you never know what your friends got up their sleeves. So my turn was coming up, and I jumped in with excitement and said Dare. So my friends got in their huddle to see what my dare was going to be.

I was just sitting wondering what it was going table but; scared of what the dare was. They laughed while they look back at me. So when they got done, they came back to the table laughing. We came up with the dare that we want you to do, laughing out loud while they talked. But you will not like what it is. By the way, it’s a two-part dare.

I took a deep breath and asked, so what is the two-part dare you came up with for me? They all started laughing again. They explained what the dare is. So first you want me to take 5 shots, spin for ten seconds, and then run down the busy street naked? That sounds like a three-part dare to me I said. Yeah, that’s what we meant the first time. Sure you did I replied.

Sat back in my chair and thought about that real hard until I finally said okay I’ll do it. Everyone cheered and clapped. Just give me a minute to get myself together so I can get ready for this dare and get it over with. Yall got me on this one but I will not forget when it’s one of yall turn next. As I get myself together, I thought to myself; I am ready to get it over with.

As I sit here and stall some time one of my friends jumped and said we totally forgot to tell you is that you have to get your close off after the five shots and the ten-second spin. Oh, thanks for letting me know late. Everyone had laughed. My head is really going to be spinning. It is really going to be hard to do any of this, but I have to because I said I was. Now it’s time to get to my dare and everyone is just waiting to see how long it’s going to take before I fall and some are saying they bet she will not do it but they have something else coming to them.

I looked down at the table to see what drink I wanted to take my shots of, so I choose my favorite drink name, Remy. That drink is smooth to the touch when it goes down. One of my friends went and grabbed five shot glasses for me to take them. You remember what you have to do? Yes, I replied. So we are going to count down from ten, just to give you a little more time. Great, I said, then they counted down from ten. They counted and counted.

Thinking in my head it’s getting to the time. Now they are at 5, 4, 3 then 2 now 1. I took my first two shots and my head already feels heavy but I keep going, getting down to my last one. Now it’s time to spin for 10 seconds. Shut, I was already dizzy from the shots. Almost to 5, 4, 3, 2, and 1. I am trying to take off my clothes but it is hard to do standing up and your head is spinning out of control. Down to my socks and I am ready to go.

I opened the door and ran toward the street with the most traffic, and I ran through it. All of my friends were right behind me, but what I didn’t know was that they were filming the whole thing. I was so embarrassed, but it didn’t stop me from doing my dare. People were taking pictures and filming as well. I was so drunk that I couldn’t do anything but laugh with everyone else.

As I was running down the busy street, I ended up hitting a corner and coming all the way around, not knowing that there were so many people outside and they took pictures. I just laughed it off and keep running to the house. My friends were waiting at the house because they didn’t know where I went. But when they saw me, they made sure that they turned the camera back on and laughed. I rushed into the house and hurried up and put all my clothes on and my shoes. We really can’t believe that you did that. I told you I was.

When done putting on my clothes, I had to take another shot after that. I didn’t realize that there was going to be so many people out tonight but I forgot it is a Friday night and don’t nobody has work in the morning. But anyway, it’s time for the next person to go. When I said them words, they all said we can’t we have just seen that there’s a party going on and we are going there. See, I knew yall was going to run but where’s the party I replied. Right up the street where all the people were.

I guess let’s go I replied. Yes, they all said. In my head, I know that next time I’m picking truth and I am going to get them back real good. They don’t even know what is going to hit them. But anyway, we made our way to the party and people clapped for me when I walked in. That was amazing, people said, and I said thanks. And after thinking I would have to hide my face and didn’t, we all had some fun.

But I know that if you play this game, just pick the truth or you will end up like me.

May 15, 2021 07:00

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.