Turned Up to Turned Down

Submitted into Contest #93 in response to: Set your story at a party that has gone horribly wrong.... view prompt

0 comments

Funny Happy Creative Nonfiction

It all started with a brother and sister named Paul and Katie. Rich kids that can do whatever they want to. Saturday night and their parents are away on vacation for about a week. Paul and Katie were at home, bored with nothing to do. Katie walked around thinking about what they can do, and she came up with something great.

She ran upstairs to tell her brother what great idea that she came up with. Katie comes running through Paul’s room door and said, Since mom and dad on vacation for a week, Paul replied, Yeah. Katie jumped up and down, saying we should throw the biggest party in history. Paul replied I don’t know. This is a great idea and we will have the house cleaned before they get back. His sister begged and begged until Paul said Okay.

Her brother gave her the ok, they both got on their phones and told their friends that they were having a party. Their friends responded we will be there. It’s only 7 pm, and they wanted to start the party at 8 pm. Katie ran to the store and got some party supplies to decorate the house, food, and some drinks. Arriving back at the house, she rushed in to put everything together. This party is going to be Turnt Up, Katie yelled.

After she finished decorating the house she went upstairs to get ready for the party and she had to be quick, time was ticking. The clock hit 8, and it was time for the guest to pull up in the driveway. Time went past, and it looked like people would not show up but we told them the day of when they might’ve had plans Katie said. But a few minutes later they saw cars pulling up in the driveway.

Since our friends are here, the party has begun and we are going to get so lit tonight. Everyone came in and the music came on. People started grabbing their drinks and headed to the dance floor. Katie: what Paul, How many people did you invite? Just a few I don’t know where the others came from. But we have to make it work Katie replied. Have some fun and don’t worry, everything is going to be fine.

As the party continued Katie looked around to see that everyone was having a good time and so was her brother when she looked to see him playing beer-pong with his friends. Katie hopped on the mic just to thank everyone for coming and then she yelled Let’s Get Lit. And that what they did. Everything was going to plan until something went horribly wrong. Everything was going so well until this happened, and now we have to figure out who did. Paul came running saying, what happened?

So Katie told her brother what happened. Well, see everyone was having a good time until we heard a loud boom and didn’t know where it came from until someone came running from outside and said two people set your car on fire and one stuck in a tree. We need help here. They ran outside and seen the crime scene. Shit, what our wee going to now Paul said. I don’t know Katie replied. But that was just the beginning.

Katie's phone rang. And it was their parents. Hey honey, it’s mom. Hi mom. How is everything? You and your brother getting along? Yes, we are. I’m in the middle of something. Is there anything you wanted? No, just to let you guys know we had to cut our trip short. Why? business calls for your father. When will you be back? We will be home tomorrow night. Shit, Shit Katie said. What was that? O nothing. Ok, we will call you when we land. Okay, love you bye. Love you, the mother said.

Mom said that they will be back tomorrow night and they will call when they land. How are we going to clean up this mess before the cops get here? Katie said I have an idea. You try to put the fire out while I get all the people out. That will not work Paul replied. If you start now, it will, and we have to move quickly. So they put the fire out and got the people out of the driveway. They went into the house and there was a big mess. Let’s start the cleaning and they did.

It was so much trash that it was morning time when they finished with the entire house. They thought they were in the clear, but as time went by they seen their parents pull up, and right behind them were the cops. Mom and dad walk in and the first thing they said was, is there anything you would like to tell us? Nope, Katie and Paul said. Well, why is there a boy hanging in the tree in the backyard?

They tried to explain when the cops walked up and said we had a call that there was a fire here last night and we’re doing a follow-up. Okay, okay, Katie said. It was my idea to have a party, and it kind of got out of control. I knew we should’ve left them here by themselves. Both of you are in big trouble and by the way, both of you are going to pay for everything.

As dad walked to the back to help the boy out of the tree, he turned and seen that they had burned his car to the melt. Their dad was so mad that he pressed charges against his kids and sent them to jail. You are going to learn you're lesson now their dad said. Their parents let their kids sit in jail for a few days and then went to pick them up. Mom turned around laughing, saying, I bet you won’t throw another party while we’re gone.

No, we won’t. I don’t want to go back to that place ever again. And from now on, pay for your own things dad said. But dad replied Katie. Don’t dad me. You are going to learn a really hard lesson.

Don’t do things if you don’t want to deal with the consequences.

May 12, 2021 08:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.