28 comments

Drama

It was my third day in Karachi, Pakistan, attending the wedding of my friend. As i touched the net, reedsy prompt appeared,as a regular short story writer,it was my utmost try to write something new,and It was a brand_new prompt for me,Snow, all snowy. It chirred up me that there in Karachi the weather was still humid and people were still looking for air conditioning to sit.So,to write about a story ,depicting snow in Karachi ,was not justified,that stirring cold was not circumferring in the feeling, So,to add an original touch ,my stinct decided to go to Malamjabba,in Swat. So from Karachi to swat it was a long traveling, but now due to Motorway and new vehicles ,travelling becomes easy,safe and Comfortable. Malam Jabba is a skiing resort ,in swat, developed by the Austrian Government. Swat is also known as the “Switzerland of Pakistan”. Beside it’s beautiful charming weather, it’s also has attractions of Buddhist culture. Tourists from all over the Pakistan, especially diplomats from Islamabad, they use to come for skiing and to see and visit the Buddhist culture. The whole resort is naturally originated, the Austrian architecture add their colorful experience and made the scenario a wonderful Venture. skiing was my love,,but to add little crisp in the story ,it made my intention strong. Like day and night, Earth and Sky, the weather of Karachi and Swat has a great difference .Karachi has a plain terrain, with occupying desert dry land and on the contrary swat is a hill station,cold,rainy ,green and snowy.,The Motor way scenario was very romantic and worth seeing.Some Apple trees covered with snow was looking very cute. The coloured slanting roof houses ,covering snow with Smokey chimneys were presenting a very lovely artistic look. The Snow on the mountains were sparkling white,incumbent wearing Sun glasses. Tourists from different locales came to enjoy swat .

.Frankly speaking I was not used to snowy weather. It was a blood jamming cold,abled to took out my gloves and quickly wore it and went straight to hotel, hired a room, to warm myself ..The "Marghazar Hotel"was the residence of Great ruler of Swat ,now converted into centrally heated hotel ,a class of its own.But after all how long a person could sit inside the room?. I went to the dining hall to take some soup. Ordered for the Soup. Mean while a beautiful young girl with her papa came and also sat near my table. “Look Tipsy ,you are my only child, worked hard for you the whole life.Now, I came to know that you are marrying that loafer,Khani, saw him with loose girls drunk, so many times ”papa observedly explained. "My agreence has no possibility with you,papa,he is a thorrow gent,you must have mistaken “Tipsy grieved.” "Mistaken." by looking roundly. He again continued ."What are you talking ,,you won't have experience of life you are entirely driving crazy, one day you will be a great looser”. Papa lamented.Listening them and drinking soup carefully.“His father is my business rival, I hate this family,nowadays they are bankrupt and Khani is searching some wealthy girl ,he has no future”.papa strongly condemned. Such a heated discussion is going on in this snowy weather, a naughty thought slashed in my mind. “Papa really sorry,if you love me you have to accept Khani, this is my decision “.Tipsy panted “.you son of a pup, I would derailed you from my entire property and business”. Papa screeched and his face became red.…”Never mind I along with Khani find my own way” Tipsy rasped carelessly., papa stood up and straight away went to his room .Tipsy was still sitting in the hall. “Hallo Tipsy, is that crazy old man has gone, I think he is still fingering “ Khani said jerking his head. ”Don’t talk like this, he is my father, I’m trying to convince him”. Tipsy critically looked at Khani.” Why should we spoil our evening ,let’s go outside, it’s a lovely snow fall” Khani jabberedly hold her hand. .They both went out. I also went for skiing. On camping back to hotel, I saw Khani and Tipsy entering the room.I don’t know why I also didn’t like khani.After an hour saw them walking towards lounge. I went after them.” Khani, papa is totally disagree, I’m very cross “ Tipsy expressed concernedly. So, I have an idea .Khani excitedly said.” some fun, some adventure”.” What idea. Jumped Tipsy."we are alone here in the room, if you get pregnant, your father would definitely bow his head helplessly .“Khani said it but stammered badly like a coward jackal.. “ you’re mad, I would never deteriorated my virginity and my father’s reputation, he always trust me”. Tipsy roared like a tigeress.For the first time, I realized that she has a sanctity but the evil wolf is after her badly to crush her. These words blackened Khani's face.stood up and gave an angrily look and went away. while going to a shopping mall , to buy hand woven Shawl, for my Mom ,which is the speciality of swat, saw Tipsy and Khani in a red sport car. Khani was on steering wheel but apparently both were talking the same topic. ,I just passed sideways, only heard Khani says “Than I would try something else”. But early morning ,I saw Tipsy’s papa ,very worried and police man entering the room.I also went inside the room, Tipsy was lying unconscious, Doctor was very patiently caring her.

 I learnt Tipsy had an accident by killing a man with the car and she was driving drunk last night. In the meantime Khani came, He told the police officer that Tipsy was drunk and driving very fast, he was also sitting beside her in the car. When I looked closely ,Tipsy had a cut on the left side of her temple. How did she get cut on her temple.”? I asked from Khani. Khani very actively replied “when the car hit the man, The car crashed on a hill side, and also her temple hit against the concave mirror”. At last Tipsy back to alerted state . “Tipsy ,were you drunk last night? Police officer asked” l don’t know, I didn’t remember any thing" Tipsy murmured !. I came forward and picked her. ”What are you doing gentleman, she is not in a condition to go out".The doctor alarmed me.”Doctor don’t stop me I want to solve the problem. “I fretedly moved forward. I took her In my hands and rash towards the car. They all were after me .Car was also badly damaged. I made her sit on the driving seat .Car was right hand driving. They all were very astonishingly watching”. “If she was driving as, Khani said ,very fast,than during the accident her right temple hit the Concave mirror, as the mark shows, it indicates that she was sitting on the left side, It means you were driving, Mr Khani”. I very confidently expressed. .Khani At once got frightened and tried to escape but the cob arrested him. In the meantime. Tipsy’s papa came forward and said “Gentleman you are stranger for us,but today you solved a severe problem of my family. I’m thankful , tonight you join us on dinner. At 8,o’clock” I joined them in the dining hall. Tipsy was still nervous not looking very sharp.Today’ papa showed his interest in my bringing up.

.I was little confused that why he is going in detail? When he asked my father’s name and profession, he at once stood up and spoke “is your mother name is Dania"?” positively".I remarked in straight order.

” Give me your mother’s cell number”. I became perplexed, How did he know my mother’s name? I dialed the number on my own cell. He immediately took the cell from my hand, ”Dania speaking, I’m highly delighted to hear you after thirty years, I’m Clark, your brother ,I came from U.K..Hallo,Hallo”My mother also got emotional, she couldn’t able to speak, my father took the cell from her,.Mr Clark and my father talked very lengthier.Than my father invited them to Lahore, because Snowy weather was unconditional to my parents. Following day we drove to Lahore .My parents were anxiously awaiting. Day after was 20 January, Tipsy and me, got engaged. My grandmother always used to say ”Every clime has something special to say provided you have that ears".The End. A Gregarious snow fall. 


January 20, 2021 16:33

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

28 comments

Abdul Ghani
11:20 Feb 07, 2021

Their engagement took place very dramatically.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Abdul Ghani
11:18 Feb 07, 2021

I like one sentence about buying a shawl for mother,felt very good.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Abdul Ghani
11:17 Feb 07, 2021

City comparisions were good.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Abdul Ghani
11:16 Feb 07, 2021

As usual family matter ,solution by the protogonist was intellegent.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Abdul Ghani
11:14 Feb 07, 2021

A good drama.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
11:39 Feb 06, 2021

The accident part is very interesting and intelligently fonted.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
11:38 Feb 06, 2021

Khani character is good,it is the real twister of the story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
11:37 Feb 06, 2021

Telephonic conversation of brother and sister was very good depicted.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
11:36 Feb 06, 2021

So, also highlight the historical places .

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
11:35 Feb 06, 2021

One can catch good sight in these areas,now tunnel is excavated in Ayubia built in 1853.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
11:33 Feb 06, 2021

It's good you select good periferies of pakistan.Swat,Murree ,Nathiagali these places are now modernise and developed.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
11:31 Feb 06, 2021

Weather of karachi and swat comparison was good.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
11:30 Feb 06, 2021

I don't know why i didn't like khani.it shows that they were naturally connected.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
11:29 Feb 06, 2021

But the love of father has shown very clear.Tipsy was wrong.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Hamza Rehman
11:28 Feb 06, 2021

Its a family story as it happens nearly in every family.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
12:46 Jan 28, 2021

Thanks NB,you very minutely glimpse the whole story.I like it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
14:24 Jan 27, 2021

Keep on writing,lets see where does it take you.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
14:23 Jan 27, 2021

It's appreciating that your stories are worth approving,good sign.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
14:21 Jan 27, 2021

Here it becomes little thrill when "Tipsy had a cut on left temple"becomes very intellegent portion.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
14:19 Jan 27, 2021

It's good that chosen Malamjaba for your story,there are still many places in pakistan worth showing.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.