The Crocodile Master only cries tears at night .

Submitted into Contest #176 in response to: Write a story told from the point of view of an animal.... view prompt

3 comments

Friendship Inspirational Kids

The streams flow against the rocks; in and out, they dry their tears, and the water comes from the beast sitting against the rubble. As Goldberg, the green silk beast, cradles his emotion through the wounds of the trees. The mood of the light darkened the air, and Goldberg felt alone. He had left home in a rush that day as his father Edgar left a mark that could not be replaced when Goldberg’s mother died, she left behind a legacy for Goldberg to be the future king; however, even though Edgar was meant to be king, he was only born into that one for a crocodile. When he becomes king, he becomes the master of the crescent valley. In which the crocodiles live and breed, Edgar believed his son to be weak as he was different from the others. He was sensitive and held no strength in all the tasks he had to overcome to become king. He failed at every job, from mounting over rocks to finding the golden key in the crimson desert.

No crocodile in the royal family had ever failed a task, especially one as necessary as the crimson desert key.

So you see here at this moment, Goldberg could not face his angry father and let down his beautiful mother's wish.

So he stayed away as long as possible until a mysterious peg came along. She had been magical and appeared at the touch of a torn dark; Goldberg’s power was more substantial than any king alive because he cared.

His tears created this peg, but he did not know that until the peg spoke. “ my deepest sympathies, my king of crescent valley,”

But peg was cut off by the alarming sound of the valley invaded by Egg and his army of negativity. The egg had it out for the crocodiles. He was born misfortunate he had nothing but a hard shell to give, and unlike the crocodiles, he had to work for everything.

This made egg, anger, and smoke brew from the top of the mountain.

As the air grew dark, peg grew nervous about the fate of crescent valley.

“ Goldberg, your home is in danger. Your father needs you; I need you. “ It was as if Goldberg’s mother was there with him all along. She was indeed there, and he felt strong as he looked up towards peg. He saw the dying embers of the valley melt away

Then something unique happened. The strength in Goldberg this entire time lifted, and he mounted with peg back to the valley where he found his father struggling to breathe.

The blaze through eggs army was intense, but the love Goldberg had for his father and this valley shone through the night's armor moon.

As the moon sparkled down, peg smiled. As she watched Goldberg find courage, he cried and cried, but his cries grew strong as he took out with one final blast of dark thunder; the egg finally cracked, and his army broke. The kingdom was restored to the valley safely, and Edgar could not be prouder of his son Goldberg in. That moment, they hugged, and peg disappeared. His mother was a peg, and she was the one who guided him home. However, the power was all Goldberg, and Edgar smiled at his future king; they all lived in a happy valley.

This was the moment when Goldberg finally felt at home. His mum watched from above, and the night fell with love and light in the air.

The night's star was born in the sky as Goldberg became an enchanted royal family member.

He spoke to the stars, and one of the stars was Golden, named Goldberg's ancestor. He said, " Golden on this night; I have become king of Crete valley, and Edgar has stepped down into a lifetime of prophets. My mum is smiling from your golden reign of light.

And I want to thank you with great kindness that I am much obliged to become king on this night. Even if sometimes I feel like I am an outcast ".

Golden replied from the sky," my dear ancestor, you have given us new strength to carry the torch to create a valley; you have harbored the sacrifice, and now we reward you with magic. "

As the sky grew into the light, a word that promised the rights of sacred scrolls out of the darkness came to the ancient scrolls' swarming down and hitting Goldberg on the head.

"ouch, what's that for," said Goldberg.

The heavens began to shake with laughter, and they all shouted long live the king.

When the king read from the scrolls that had hit him on the head with force as mightier as thunder.

He spoke in a kingly way." this script is ancient, for the eyes that scan the words may become brighter than any star on the eve of this grand coronation. May you rule for thousands of years.

There was an eruption of tears and cries as the king finished his ancient script speech.

As the night drew closer, the ancient ancestors rejoiced in the celebrations.

The night was bright, and no one shone more brilliantly than the crocodile master of Crete valley.

As crete valley found happiness in each embroidered moment.

Goldberg smiles as he is now the new leader.

" My gracious crocodile companions and fellow animal friends, I speak tonight directly as your new king. I promise to Upthrone any issues you may have. May you tell now and forever hold your peace ".

Someone shouts from the audience, " I have a question. A little whisper comes from the little crocodile crystal. She smiles, and Goldberg does too. He then says crystal, what is your question, my dear?

" I can't wait for you to find a queen and dance the night away. "

They all smiled. Goldberg acknowledged's crystal.

Well, my dear one the Queen is here." He smiles and points to the most beautiful crocodile Iris. She smiles back at him and straight away a connection blossoms.

Yay crystal shouts, and they all live happily ever after.

December 14, 2022 14:15

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Valerie Church
15:17 Dec 22, 2022

I'm sorry, but I don't understand much of what you have written. I don't read fantasy, so I'm probably not the best person to comment. is it wise to leave so much unexplained? What is the crimson desert key and what does it do? What is a 'peg'? How can I picture what is going on if I don't know what a 'peg' is? Who is Golden? It seems from the script that it is an ancestor of Goldberg, but then seems to be addressing someone else as 'ancestor'. I am sorry to be so negative in my comments, but it is simply a question of not understanding a w...

Reply

Leanne Drain
15:52 Dec 22, 2022

Thanks, Val, for your valuable feedback. I appreciate your comments, and whether negative or positive, I am a writer so I can accept constructive criticism. Firstly I would like to clarify that I'm sorry for confusing you; however, that wasn't my intention. I do sometimes go off track in what I write. I have tried several things, to be precise, but it doesn't always work. Sorry. Secondly, I'm trying to become a better writer, but not every story will be a hit, so I appreciate your opinion on my piece. Thank you and your honesty; I will try t...

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Wendy Kaminski
15:30 Dec 15, 2022

"ancient scrolls' swarming down and hitting Goldberg on the head." haha! Thanks for the story of the crocodile king. :)

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.