5 comments

General

I hate them I will never forgive them, they took her away from me. They killed her, she was in so much pain but they didn't care about her and now it's time for them to pay for their sins.

  My name is Julie and I'm 23 years old and was born on 3 July 1998. I'm a writer by profession. Since from my childhood I was close to my sister Amma. She was my elder sister and was like my mom and my best friend. Amma and I lost our parents in a plane crash and at that time we were just kids but still my sister took care of me, while she was just 14 years old. She worked hard day till nights. Even worked four jobs at a same time just to provide me with better education. She send me to Canada for completing my University. When I was in Canada completing my studies my sister send me a photo of her with someone she love and told me that she is getting married to him. I was so happy for her as I always wanted to be happy with someone she love. I told her that I want to attend their wedding but she kept on saying that complete your studies first because I was having my examination at that time.

 After one year she told me that she had a baby girl and they named her Linda Rose. She even told me that now a days her marriage is going though a rough patch. She doubt that her husband is cheating on her. I told her that she be overthinking about it and asked her to be patient. 

 One night when I was sleeping I heard my phone ringing it was Amma on the phone she was in hurry, tension and she wasn't seem to be fine. 

   "Julie help me." she shouted.

 "What happened Amma where are you?"

  "They will kill me. Julie promise me that you will take care of my daughter." 

"What are you saying where are you?"I asked. 

" I'm at old library store. Peter want to kill me. Andria Smith will tell you everything just come back."

  The call ended there I tried to call her back but she didn't answer. I decided to go back to America and see if my sister is okay or not. 

The next day I reached there and went to that old library store and asked if any women named Andria work there?

   "How can I help you?" said Andria

   "I'm Julie, Amma's sister can you tell me where is she?"

   The woman stared crying and told me that she died yesterday. She was mudered and by his husband and his friends. Andria was the witness of her muder she saw them killing her. I was completely broken when I heard that my only family member my sister died. I started crying but at the same time I promised myself that I will take the revenge from them.

  Andria told me about all those who were involved in helping Peter in my sister muder.

Peter, Blake, Stephen and Sarah. Blake was Peter's best friend while Stephen was just his servant and Sarah was his cook.

I never knew that someone whom you trust can easily break yours. Now it's my turn to teach them, what happens when you break someone's trust. I knew to whom my sister was married to but he didn't know about me nor seen me before. Andria Smith was also involved in my plan because she was the only one who can introduce me to them as she was my sister's neighbor and friend. I was waiting for tomorrow desperately because I can't wait to destory their lives. I decided I won't tell them that I'm Amma's sister I will go there as a friend of Amma. 

 The next day we went there and Andria introduce me to them just as we planned she didn't told them that I'm Amma's sister.

 "Hey! Peter how are you?" asked Andria.

 "hello! I'm fine and how are you?" replied Peter.

  "I'm fine too and this is my friend Julie." she introduced

 "Well! nice to meet you. I've never seen you here before are you new here? he asked

  "Yes I just came here yesterday." I replied while I was staring him in anger.

  I was so much angry that I wanted to hit his head so hard that blood comes out of his head I wanted to see him in pain. I wanted to heard him screaming so that he can realize the pain of my sister but then I control myself and recall the purpose of coming here. Andria asked Peter if he could appoint me as care taker for Linda and right that time he appoint me to take care of her. It was a benefit for me was I can take of my sister's daughter and can easily take my revenge. 

 The next day I went to Peter's house I never expected that this could be so easy to enter his house. right after I moved in I stared adding poison in Peter's food so that he can understand the meaning of pain, I knew that if someone gets to know that Peter was given poison the dout will be on the cook and she will go to jail. Things were going as I planned but still I didn't meet blake yet. Then one day while I was alone in the kitchen I added some poison in his food at the same night Peter died in the hospital and it was written the he died because of food poisoning and the police suspected Sarah for this. At Peter's funeral I saw his friend Blake and right there I decided that this is his last day. I kept my eyes on him until I saw him getting inside the house I followed him till he get in Peter's bedroom. I was having a knife in my hands while he was standing in front of his cupboard I was standing behind him and he turned around I stabbed the knife on his chest so that he can also understand the meaning of pain. He tried to run away but he fell on the ground and died there. When I was coming out of the room I heard that someone was still there when I turned back I saw Stephen there he was looking at me.

   "You killed him. Why did you do that?" asked Stephen.

   " Yes! I killed him and he deserves it." I replied. 

    "Who are you?" What did we ever do to you? he asked hesitatingly

  " Don't you remember? I'm Julie, Amma's sister the one who has been murdered by all of you and now it's your turn."

  "I didn't killed her. They did, they were all involved in that but I wasn't please trust me I didn't do that. That night I heard strange noises coming from their room so I decided to go check and I saw Peter and Amma mam were fighting and after a few minutes madam leave the house I even tried to stop them but they didn't listen. Then I went to Peter's bedroom and I heard him talking on the phone with his friends they were planning to kill her on the way to old library store. I wanted to inform Amma mam about this so I called her but she didn't answer so I left a message. After an hour Peter went outside with his friends Blake and Sarah. I followed them on the way but when I reach there I saw Amma lying on the ground covered in blood then I took your sister to the hospital but it was too late she was dead already after coming back home I told them that I will inform police about this but Peter threaded me that he will kill my mom if I told this to anyone, I was helpless. What would you do if you were in my place? I'm just a servant here and they are so powerful, the man who can kill his own wife he wouldn't hesitate in killing my mom that's why I didn't go to the police station." he cried. 

   "I'm sorry, I cried and and fell on ground.

 Thank you so much for helping my sister.

 I wish if I was here with my sister to save her and protect her from that evil." 

"What are you going to do now?" he asked

 "I promised my sister that I will take care of her baby but now I guess I have to go behind bars for killing those murders. Please tell Andria to take care of Linda." I replied and threw the knife on the ground.

 "What you did was right, if I was in your place I would have done the same and yeah I won't tell anyone. You can take care of Linda yourself. He replied with a smile on his face.

  "I love you Amma. I promise I will never let anything happen to Linda." I said to myself.

 I'm going back to Canada and surely provide Linda with everything I can.

August 20, 2020 21:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

5 comments

Rahim Khan
22:30 Mar 20, 2021

Great work keep on doing 👍

Reply

Show 0 replies
Karin Venables
13:06 Aug 27, 2020

This is a good basic story of love and what family means. Keep writing. I have a feeling English is not your first language, and that makes things a bit harder. Get an editing program, perhaps Grammarly or if you can, use the online version of ProWritersAid. I use both of them as well. Take the time to edit there before you post your stories here. I can tell there is passion in your writing. Keep going and learning. You will do well.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Jesna Anna S.
16:51 Aug 21, 2020

Good story! but try to improve on grammar. I am doing the same now. Keep writing!

Reply

Laiba Rahim
16:24 Aug 23, 2020

This comment means a lot to me. Sure I will improve my grammar. 🙂 Keep supporting

Reply

Jesna Anna S.
16:55 Aug 23, 2020

Sure! Let me know!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.