2 comments

Drama Lesbian Romance

"I vow never to fall in love." The words tasted like a bitter pill, and they stung like a bitch. Addison and Parker looked over at me. They were worried, I know.

Addison reached over giving me a side hug. "Don't say that babe. You would have never said that last year.." I snorted pushing her away. "Why do you think I said it this year?" She flinched at my words.

"Listen, I didn't mean to come off hostile, it's I just can't have the same stuff as last year kick me in the ass." Addy sighed nodding. Last year I was in love and Engaged. It didn't last long. My ex fiance had brought her ex over to my house, and lets just say, I ended up with a criminal record, and two rings, he ended up with a broken nose, and two busted ribs. But hey, at least he got the girl.

Parker shivered, she was the one who witnessed most of the fights between me and Annie. I loved Annie like how a druggie loves drugs. I was  addicted to her. It was the sad, sad truth. If I’m being honest it wasn’t just her fault. It was mine. I was never home, and when I did make it home it ended with me passing out on the couch. 

Annie and I had met through a dating app. We simply fell in love, and fell deeper and deeper. After my sister died, Annie said it changed me. I became cold, and toxic, If I got too wasted it resulted in fights, screaming matches, and frames getting thrown around only to be picked up shattered.  Parker gave me a smile, “Things’ll get better.” I snorted, grabbing my hat and placing it on my head, and then grabbing my jacket hanging it over my shoulder.

 “It’s time for me to go. I’ve overstayed my visit.” Addy Chuckled, “You could never.” I grumbled a response letting myself out. I walked down two flights of stairs before making my way out of their apartment. I walked down the street. My gaze like ice, and my patience as thin as a string. 

After tonight I figured I deserve a drink, so I headed to the best bar in New Orleans, Pat’s Paddies and booze. I entered smiling as Pat came around from the counter to grab my hat, and jacket. “What are you doing this late in town? What are you crazy?” I rolled my eyes. 

Pat wasn’t known for being too smart. “Here for a drink. I want the usual.” Pat nodded, handing me a glass of tequila. “On the house.” I smiled my thanks. I spaced out as Pat began to go on some bozo rant about politics. Not my cup of tea. As I was spacing out.

 A beautiful girl came in. Her hair was curly and down to her shoulders, the girl must’ve been a regular because Pat called her name like he knew it by heart. Anastasia. I glanced at Pat with wide eyes, he chuckled calling her over. Anastasia had curly black hair bouncing all over the place, her eyes were a dark green, and her lips were plump and red from her lipstick, and she had on a black dress, diamonds brimming the edges. Before I could speak Pat cut me off, winking at Anastasia, “Shes gay too!” I damn near choked on my drink. I let out a cough glaring at Pat, “I think you have something to do. Like that thing.” 

Pat tilted his head, “What thing?” He must've noticed my glare because he nodded scurrying out of sight. I gave her a smile in which she returned leaning against the bar.

 “So do you come here regularly?” She shook her head, “I do not. I’m actually very new, you see..” Her accent was smooth and about the sexiest thing I ever heard. She was hispanic and it showed. “I’m from spain. I came here to stay with Pat. He’s my Padre’s best friend.” I nodded listening. When Pat came back, I ordered us a round of drinks. 

For the first time in a year, I had genuine fun. We talked the whole night, losing up with every shot we took. At the end of the night we both sobered up. ‘So, Jamie, would it be alright if I took you to a special place.” I got to my feet, thinking. I wasn’t ready to fall in love and I couldn’t bring myself to do it. “I don’t think that's a good idea Anastasia..” I said softly. She gave me a confused look. I sighed softly tracing her hand. “You see, last year I got engaged with someone I truly loved. She did something that broke my heart, and we ended up ending it. Because of that, I’m not stable enough for a relationship.” She nodded staying silent. “That's okay. I can wait until you're stable.” I smiled, kissing her cheek. “Call me sometime I really did enjoy tonight.” She smiled as I walked out.  I knew that me and her would see each other one day Just not today. 

Four Years Later..

I watched as the waves splashed against the rocks. The smell of the ocean always brought me comfort but today, Anastasia did. Anastasia looked up at me from my lap, I leaned down kissing her. 

She giggled tracing the outline of my hand, as I had the day we met. “Do you love me?” I smiled, “I do. That’s why that pretty, little ring is on your finger.” I said softly, Anastasia snorted, “it’s on my finger because you begged me to say yes.” I laughed tickling her. “I love you Jamie Rodrigez.” I smiled, kissing her forehead. “I love you More Anastasia Rodrigez.” I fell in love, had I planned too? No, it just happened. Sometimes we can’t control the things out of our control, and that's okay, because they always work out.. “I vow to never fall out of love, for I am in love with love.”

January 07, 2021 20:38

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Sarah Linseed
19:23 Jan 16, 2021

Hey Casarina, good story! I liked how you were able to give Jamie character development throughout the story, even with the limited amount of space. However, there were a few grammar mistakes and formatting issues throughout. Otherwise, the story was fun and enjoyable to read. Good job!

Reply

15:52 Jan 19, 2021

Awe, Thanks! I'll def make sure to do some editing!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.