0 comments

Fiction Adventure Contemporary

Everyone in Ruths knows the man called prince, but not all knows his real name—Jordan Marcos Junior. He was the undisputable manager of the Ruth’s printing, publishing and marketing company based in Nanko.

In recent years, they had came out with all manners of strategy to promote their company at home and abroad. For years now, the strategy had worked but Mr. Marcos has this ambition to taken the company to the highest level to compete with other well known publishing houses in the world. He believed without doubt that he has captured Nanko and the battle has to be moved abroad to test the stability and durability of the company.

He is a man that believed in the theory of “ revisiting” as it’s known to him. The practice of evaluating all their past strategy and plans both those that succeeded and failed ones to make plans for the future. He is of the opinion that most failed plans from his experience were as result of lack of faith and know-how. To him, they have been source of his success so far. Many people, managers, firms, families, school, government, don’t know this and that had been reason behind their struggle. Fear of failure and criticism wouldn’t allow them to take advantage of what is before them to maximize profits. Once plans fail, it’s quickly thrown into dustbin and did away with. Not Mr. Marcos, he had been paying people to research all the failed plans if firms both home and abroad and even those that is not in his line of business.

In those plans, he has seen enough information to start about four different companies and succeed. He had filed the information away for future use. Other so called failed plans he has applied in the running of his business in Toto and it worked. Some he has modified a bit and applied. They have been the secret of his achievements and success the company had experienced in recent years.

He is a shrewd man and most of the traits came from his grandfather who had started the business. 54, about 8’4 in height, weights 85kg and light in complexion.

 He is an apostle of short term plans and his calculation, short term means 3 years and under. He is in the habits of reviewing his plans every three years whether they’re succeeding or not. It’s by so doing that he had been able to monitor, adjust and maximize the plans others had regarded as bad. He is also a staunch believer in the saying: “ the older, the better” He spent most of his time, researching all the ancient and modern failed strategies and plans. He has nothing to do with success stories for he knew that about one million people are in that route already. Was it not Buffet that warns: “When everyone is greedy, be fearful. When they’re fearful, be greedy.” For sure, the man knew what he was saying.

The secret is in the failed ones no one looks at even once. Just go through them twice, phish out line here and there and join them to the intelligent ones from another failed plan and viola!, You got a brand new workable plans once you harmonize them according to your company’s need and there is a wonderful plans that yield big returns to your firm.

Some say that he was a wonderful manager, some even use the word Guru to quantify him. All those praises, some from the people he had profited from their over-sight and fear makes him to laugh at times and feel sorry for, some other time. If some of them will know that it was from their sweat and fear that made him who he is today, some for will react violently. 

He had been invited to many seminars to give speeches on leadership and management Principles on many occasions, he had noticed that any time he was invited to give speeches, people from all works of life always attended the events in their hundreds. He have been approached by the students writing their projects and asked a zillion questions by the journalist etc.

The secret of the company turn around lied in one strategy, inclusiveness: “ Never allow any customer that walks in through the door to walk out without a contract or handing you over his money, regardless of his/her status in life” so, the company had restructured to meet the need of high and low in society. There’s room for everyone. He started organizing reading and writing competition for in primary and secondary level three years ago, little money involved had made the name of the company famous and brought more returns to the company. The marketing and advertising equals that, money is a great motivator. It’s effect is more powerful than what the eye Sees in TV in the name of marketing. For the past three years, he had started that competition to attract more customers and be household name, it had worked as anticipated and this year, Rumours began to spread that the past winners had been children of his customers. Now, National station had invited him to their late night show to ask questions:

“ Sir, is it through that the past winner of Ruth competition had been the children of your customers?”

“ Discard that entirely, it is Rumours”

“ But sir, most people believed that the winners were in the same school with their kids and they are sure of what they are saying.” 

“ Never believe Rumours like that, maybe, some past winners were children of my customers, then, their works must have merited the rewards”

“ But sir, don’t you think it would be more transparent to have independent judges to handle the competition, it would remove the suspicion and the Rumours, three hundred thousand Chicos are big money?” 

“ Look, I have given this quarters rewards to the winners, but am ready to not wait for June and conduct another competition this coming April just to prove to you people that we’re transparent in our dealings in Ruth and even pay in dollars”

“ Are you saying that you will conduct fresh competition or turn the first quarter Chico into dollars?”

“ I think that would be the best thing to do. I will recall the Chico I paid to the winners next month April, and convert it into dollars. I challenge you TV people to henceforth start covering the competition awards”

“ But sir, it’s April one already as we talk, it’s 12:06 am”

“ Ah!, I …., I ….., mean….”

“ What are you saying, anything the problem?”

“ I…. Mean we honor our words”

“ It will go a long way to clear the doubt people has. Some even believed it’s a kind of scam or something”

“ Ah!, Nothing like that”

Mr. Marcos the genius went home feeling downcast. He had planned to tell them that it was a plank but the woman and situation he found himself and future the company has beaten to that. How on Earth would he fork out three hundred thousand dollars without the company felling it.” He was thinking how to minimize the impact of that promise on the firm, he considered reducing the wages of the worker, but how is he to be sure that the workers will not revolt. He went to bed still mulling over his faith.

March 27, 2021 17:42

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.