2 comments

American High School Funny

I've been on this wonderful planet for 137.8 weeks, 23 days, 15 minutes, and 7 seconds. On my home planet, Rauktonia A7-B8, that would equal 271 years, but I've learned the human way of calculating time. I've learned plenty of stuff from humans, like how to diss our fellow peers, stuff smaller or lesser than beings into metal storage spaces called lockers. I have even learned how to tame a hairy beast called a dog. It's name is Cookie, one friend I made here calls the furry beast this. In my ship's database, I researched Cookie and it appears that a cookie is a confection. It is a baked flat piece of flour that often contains raisins, oats, or chocolate chips. I've come to like the brown, tiny, delectable sweet. It reminds me of my home planet's national dessert hyrobin seeds, which is much like the chocolate chips I have eaten here on Earth.(Only infinitely better)

Earlier I mentioned friend. A friend is a person whom one knows and with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, according to my ship's database. On this planet, I've made over 327 friends at the local building called Bentboat High School. The friends I keep close are Corrine Daley and Kaiko Wong. Corrine and Kaiko are both white, but Corrine has long blond hair and Kaiko has short black hair. This is because Corrine is "all-American" and Kaiko is Asian American. I don't really know what to call my self on this planet. I've come to notice that there are Africans, Europeans, Hispanic, and Vegetarians all living on this tiny planet! Since I am from Rauktonia A7-B8, I guess I am classified as Rauktonian A7-B8er. What an interesting name I have. I am Elilu Axuko of Rauktonia A7-B8, but everyone on this planet calls me Elli. I am the daughter of Queen Evita and King Abesi, rulers of my planet. Elder sister of Yeera Axuko by 78 Rauktonian years and 3 human years. I have been alive for 8627 Rauktonian years and 18 human years. All this might change though. My parents and I fled our planet in search a resource that could restore energy to our home. That's how we ended up on Earth. Our space ship transformed into a brownstone houes, while we took the forms of humans, whom for a while I called flesh bags until I met Corrine and Kaiko. Our identities were supposed to kept secret, so Yeera and I both attend high school, our parents both have earth jobs, and our royal pet, Xixo, is disguised as a red guinea pig. When we were leaving Rauktonia everyone in the Kingdom was worried that we would be discovered, but the royal historian said that Queen Evita could become a librarian at Bentboat Library and King Abesi could perform as a doctor at Bentboat Hospital. I feel like the town of Bentboat is repetitive, but Kaiko informed me that it is because Bentboat is one of the many small towns of Idaho.

Mother and Father were not willing to let Yeera and I go on their expedition for resources, but we persuaded them and promised to stay on our best behavior. So far, we are successful! Yeera has what Earth beings call a social life and I have friends.

______________________________________________________

Beep, beep, beep, goes the metal box. I roll over in the squishy bed and stop the god dang alarm. My family and I learned that it was called a god dang alarm when I threw it out the window. The next door neighbor yelled many words and said that it was a god dang alarm for crying out loud. He charged us money for a piece of broken wood in his fence and told us we should all go to Hell, but my family and I don't know where that is. We searched our databases for days, but couldn't find the location. On the brighter of sides, I now know that it is not a nuclear bomb from our rival planet, Hyroshania 9. Now, it is time for my daily shower. I walk across the room and head for the bathroom. I can hear the sound of pouring water, so I guess Yeera is in there. Meanwhile, I can pick what pieces of cloth I will wear to Bentboat High School. On my first day, I wore my space suit. Many people pointed at me and the head of the school, Principle Dean, dress coded me for "inappropriate costume". I was confused and I was also sent home, but it turns out Kaiko and Corrine followed me. They said that I had a "wicked sense of humor" and loved my costume. That's how we became friends. Today, I am not going to wear my space suit, even though I love the pocket that contains Sunburst grenades. Instead, I am choosing a pair of blue jeans and a green t-shirt. Corrine says green brings out the color of my red, curly hair and I agree. I go to check if Yeera is out of the shower and she is, I hop in and wash up as fast as I can because today is a special day. Today is the day of the SAT testing. Corrine and Kaiko say it is the harbinger of high school, but I have loved taking tests since I was a tiny Rauktonian pod. I've studied for this for many, many hours and even tried to get Yeera interested in studying with me, but Yeera was never really one to sit and learn the constellations of our Universe. I run down stairs and skip breakfast, but before I leave I give Xixo his breakfast. Sherinian Bites. I wave good by to Mother and Yeera only because Father is working the late shift at the hospital. I run all the way to Bentboat High School in hopes of being the first to take the test first. As I reach the parking, it become clear that nobody is at school yet. I scan the building for any signs of life forms. There is nobody here except Scaleman, the freshmans' class pet. Sigh, I plop down on the curb of the parking lot facing the building. All that running was done for nothing. I really dislike running for unnecessary purposes. This begun on my second week of school, when we were starting the Track Unit in P.E. I tried to explain to Coach Hensley that my organs do not allow me to move the way other humans do, but she did not seem to believe me. She told me that if I had a problem with running the track (which I did) I would have to talk to Principal Dean. I told her no thank you because I did not want to be in Principle Dean's office again.

______________________________________________________

Screech! That is what Corrine's driving sound's like, so when I look up from my curb spot, I'm not surprised to see Corrine behind her pick up truck's wheel with Kaiko in the passenger seat. Kaiko looks like she just went on the world's most deadliest ride ever, she busts open the passenger seat and scrambles out of the car. Corrine doesn't seemed fazed, but that is because she is not aware that her driving is horrible and horrifying. "Hey Elli, what's going on?", shouts Corrine from the driver's seat. I guess I must look a little sad and disappointed, so I explain to both her and Kaiko that I came to school early to take the SAT test first. When I'm done the girls both look at me like I killed the rulers of Raktonia A7-B8, (which would be my parents by the way). "Are you serious right now?", Kaiko asks incredoulous. I am in fact serious right now. I thought that this was why they were here early. "Yes, I am serious.", I say. The girls burst out laughing, holding their stomachs and slapping their knees. "Elli, sometimes I think you're from another planet." I gulp. "Yeah, you're just out of this world!.", Kaiko exclaims. I gulp again. Is my identity finally being discovered? After all the stuff my family and I did to blend in, this is what it comes down to. Two teenage human girls laughing in an Idaho high school parking lot. Where did I mess up, what went wrong, what did I SAYY?!

"C'mon Elli, we have much to do.", says Corrine.

"So much to do.", echoes Kaiko.


February 25, 2021 17:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

I love this story. It was funny and creative. Is there a part two?

Reply

Show 0 replies

๐ŸŒผ๐“˜ ๐“ฑ๐“ธ๐“น๐“ฎ ๐”‚'๐“ช๐“ต๐“ต ๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ด๐“ฎ ๐“ฝ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ผ๐“ฝ๐“ธ๐“ป๐”‚! ๐“˜๐“ฝ ๐“ฒ๐“ผ ๐“ถ๐”‚ ๐“ฏ๐“ฒ๐“ป๐“ผ๐“ฝ ๐“ธ๐“ท๐“ฎ ๐“ธ๐“ท ๐“ก๐“ฎ๐“ฎ๐“ญ๐“ผ๐”‚!!๐ŸŒผ

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.