2 comments

Fiction Friendship Funny

Their school day was over. Jennifer Louise still lived somewhere far south of Witchelina, a place she might visit whenever, maybe. She and Darya went home to Jennifer Louise's old timber homestead, where the Blessing family lived.

It had been a horrible day for all the Year Seven girls. Two boys, Kieran and Brad, had kiss shamed all the girls, and made a phone map of them. The teachers were cross, and had set up a friendship evening to build bridges.

Some of Jennifer Louise's girls in her year had been very upset. Most of them had laughed. Jennifer Louise and Darya had no intention of ever kissing such toads of bully boys. No way, Jose! Jennifer Louise wanted to become a gold medallist in Tae-Kwon-Do one day in the future. That seemed so far away right now.

But Jennifer Louise and Darya had a plan. They had been starring in the hospitality kitchen, learning how to cook. It was great, something practical. They made it home to the blessing household. Ma Blessing was engaged in her witchy chat room. On the shelf there stood a row of jars, full of magical recipes, charms and spells.

Ma Blessing had been busy with her cooking in her large saucepan. She was hoping her Jennifer Louise would study and develop her spiritual side. Their black kitten, Witch Little, rubbed his furry self, wrapped around Jennifer Louise's legs. He hopped up to sit on a stool at the kitchen table, very interested in what the two girls were cooking.

Jennifer Louise and Darya had mastered the art of mixing and rolling perfect pizza dough. Their plan was to make some geometric pizzas. Circles, sliced into triangles, taken to their friendship evening in square boxes. But! One pizza was going to be an anti-bullying magic pizza, with a spell on it.

This bullying of girls was mean. Jennifer Louise was going to step up to the plate and stick up for all the girls. "Kieran does not like us, just because he made a kiss map!" Jennifer Louise told Darya.

'I am never going to kiss a toad!" Darya agreed.

"That's our plan. I am going to make a magic pizza that is shareable, to remove something terrible." Jennifer Louise replied. The girls were very busy. Jennifer Louise hoped that she and Darya could be the junior queens of witching, as well as everything else. If she could convince naughty Kieran and Brad to eat her magic pizza, they would be very sorry they had ever bullied anyone. Then they would delete such silly stuff on their phones.

Witch Little sat on his stool and tried to help himself to the toppings. After all, what kitten does not like anchovies, ham and pepperoni? Delicious, right there for the taking. The two girls laughed, this was more fun than their other homework, waiting there in their school bags.

Yes, Jennifer Louise could make brilliant pizza dough. But, unfortunately, she was a champion at messy cooking. Soon, her hands were covered in sticky dough, and the entire blessing kitchen was a snow white storm of flour. Even Witch Little was now sort of grey, his fur full of flour. He got the huff, after getting a tap on his greedy little paw. So he walked off to sit in his fluffy pet bed, where he started licking off all that flour.

One of the pizzas ready for baking was the magic pizza. Jennifer Louise had browsed on the witches' forum for the correct spell and secret remedies for toad making. She decided to use a freeze spell. First, she wrote 'Kieran' and 'Brad' in black ink on white paper. Then she placed the sheet of paper in a glass jar, pouring some cold water and ice cubes on it.

She and Darya raised their arms. They hoped they looked like effective junior witches, as they were still learning on the job. Jennifer Louise said these words,

"On thee, we place this freeze.

Delete these mean words, if you please!

Or you shall swim like toads,

Now take away that unkind load!"

Then, on the magic pizza, the two girls hid their magic herbal toad making ingredients, using Ma Blessing's jar of spells. The rest of the pizzas were quite normal, very successful, and tempting. The whole blessing household was filled with the lovely aroma of tasty treats.

Ma Blessing turned around and gazed at the flour sprinkled everywhere.

"Girls, where has the afternoon vanished? Look at this mess!" Jennifer Louise looked innocent, Darya rolled her eyes. Her own mother was also a full queen of clean.

"I'll clean all this. You two get ready for your friendship evening. Sounds like fun."

"Yeah, right," Jennifer Louise said. This was no time to get into dumb arguments. She had anti-bullying and a kiss map to tackle. Jennifer Louise and Darya dressed in their martial arts uniforms, flour free. Soon, Ma Blessing had deposited the two junior female warriors at the secondary school.

Their homeroom teacher had a virus again, so the kids had to manage this little evening by themselves. The pizzas were still hot, so everyone was enjoying their supper. Jennifer Louise had specially marked the lid of the magic pizza box.

She made sure that Kieran and Brad had plenty of slices of her secret weapon. One slice was not enough, she smiled and looked thrilled. "Come on girls," Darya said. All the Year Seven girls gathered round, puzzled.

"We want you to delete that kiss map, right now!" Jennifer Louise said. Kieran just laughed, Brad sneered. "Yeah, what are you girls going to do? Let's be friends, and I'll kiss you!" Suddenly, a funny croaking noise came from Kieran's mouth, while Brad's eyes started bulging.

Horrified, the two boys ran through the door, heading for the lake at the back of the school. Jennifer Louise and Darya raced after them, they were as fit as any boy. They each tripped up the two bully boys, who sank into the lake. Kieran and Brad were both making toad noises now. Even worse, their phones had been in their pockets.

Both boys had a lot of heavy explaining to do to their parents. Their phones were ruined, their kiss map was now deleted. Jennifer Louise and Darya had taught them that being a bully was not a chick's problem, it was the bully's. Saturated, the miserable boys wiped away some reeds and mud from their clothes, and went to wait for their parents. Jennifer Louise was not the least bit interested in listening to any of their weak excuses.

The rest of the Year Seven kids enjoyed some food, good music, and went home. Maybe Jennifer Louise would make a great witch and win a gold medal in successful spells. She and Darya laughed. "You've got this!" Darya said, hi-fiving her bestie. Homework could wait. That magic pizza was excellent!

October 30, 2023 22:25

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

23:05 Nov 08, 2023

A fun premise. I recommend more show and less tell, and edits for clarity. Sentences like "They had been starring in the hospitality kitchen" threw me for a loop.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Mary Bendickson
18:04 Nov 01, 2023

Have no idea what a kiss map is but, Girl, you got this!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.