3 comments

General

It was time.

Some things strike your mind like a boom!

It was too cold in the humble abode as he sat staring at his blank screen, while his mind was exploding like a supernova. He knew that he had that spark. Youth is meant to be glowing, yet his charm laid in his vehicle's backseat, unfettered and driven by rage. He felt like going to his past and make his younger version understand, to tell him to don't stop, to say that you will regret it later. Life had been uneasy too. The bells and hung, crush failures, failing up in subjects and falling down hurt. Except for one thing, he did love doing. The only memory of that creation dates back to his school days. It was the time his mind flew along with Superman, swung by Spiderman, and protect the night with Batman. Their every action was at his fingertips, burning, accelerating, stressing and sprucing out in fantastic sketches, dialogues and action. Then it grew to short scribbles of space fiction, crime writings, dreams and breaking the fourth wall.

He was published, accomplished, and the number one bestseller in his mind—the dreaming kid who loved stories; to imagine, visualise and write scenes of a well-crafted thriller was his only goal.

'What happened along the way?' he thought.

'Where did I stop? How do I get them back?' he ruminated.

'What should I have done, for all I was stuck between the mud of my corrupt beliefs around, pulling down on my fantasies' he cursed.

'Calm down' he said to himself.

Rage went more recklessly.

He separated from his mind to look at the matters at hand.

'Tell now' said his momentary past.

After school, life drove in a different direction, shifting and racing among many of his age to find a university. The next big thing in life… College!

It was supposed to five long years, but he was stretched to six. This was the time for exploring beyond; the limitless and carefree life, the dance of the teenage, the slogging and sloshing, spirits of unrequited love and heartbreaks. It was the time of expressions in style, blatant harmonies and muted rashness. Eventually emerging as a degree holder with ranks and praises all around and hats flying in the air.

Welcome to the adult life…

And then what?!

'After all the bash and drama what happened to my dream' he thought.

'What am I trying to achieve here?'

He dint want to pursue what he studied. He thought of why did he ever create all the ruckus before, only just to flame out.

The words you were chasing became a distant island—all the time to puff away in clouds of smoke. Questions surrounded his ignorant and desperate soul, seeking promises, answers and guiding light.  

'What happened to my creativity and fascinations?' he asked.

Suddenly a voiced bellowed back at him, in the same fire, yet stronger, shrewd and old.

The mystic Voice seemed to bounce and echo from all around. The boom came atop the bookshelf, beyond the bed and above the fan that doesn't spin.

He thought he was dreaming for a minute.

'Are you going to sit and chant your failures and drive off' asked the Voice.

'No matter what road you took, there is never a moment lost' added the Voice.

He was wonderstruck!

He got up from his chair and looked outside his window, nobody there.

'I'm inside your head, you idiot!' shouted the Voice.

'Eh… What's happening! Who is this?' he fumbled.

'Well, what do you think? I'm no sorcerer!'

'I am you' said the Voice.

'I can't seem to understand. How is this possible?'

'You are dissecting everything, and blaming on yourself, which brought me.'

'I am your future.' 

'You were asking for answers, and so here I am to help you out' said the Voice.

'Listen, nothing is lost. I'm telling you.'

'All the grit and dust, the rejections and rewards, the silence and roar, the missing pieces of your puzzle.'

'You are the entity that holds all that.'

'But everything seems to come at once, I'm not able to focus!' he cried.

'That's the best part, let it come' said the Voice.

'Usher everything that is in your head.'

'In the beginning, every sculpture or work of art is a bland and dull piece.'

'You only have to chisel out the unwanted parts to find your true love.'

'It just needs a bit of light to help its way out.'

'Your passions and dreams are blanketed beneath the lava that once erupted from your mind.'

He seemed to get something. The fog was clearing his mind.

'Once you understand to break down into the depths.'

'Face it, It's going to be filled with the magnitude of experiences you have had up until now!'

There will be emergence, divergence and confusion, but the path will clear in time.

You will find a spiced and illuminated version of your lost love. This will embellish a throne in itself later on. Be ready to fight the negative hordes off.

This is a treasure hunt. Seize every moment.  

And when you chase it, beware everything else in your mind also wants it.

Plunge through!  

The missing pieces will be scrambled yet intriguing it would have become. The lushness of it never goes wary. It will only evolve into something better.

'Keep searching.'

'Question more' said the Voice as it fainted.

Remember this too

'Someone somewhere long ago said that there is a time for everything.'

'As many great cities have fallen and risen back up, so will you too.'

'You will find the way', and there was silence.

Things were pretty much shaken and stirred.

As he stood there, his mind seemed to expand and open to a new world.

The world that he left behind.

The vehicle stopped, and the youth of charm got in the driver's seat.

His mind now had only one destination.

He also came and sat at his seat and looked at the screen.

Now it wasn't blank anymore.

June 18, 2020 13:48

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

3 comments

Cho Blu
18:39 Jun 22, 2020

So many great lines in this! "all the grit and dust," and the "buried beneath lava" LOVE that! One thing though, you should consider doing a grammar check /edit before submitting your finished piece.

Reply

05:42 Jun 26, 2020

Thank you for the crit. I will surely look at my grammar.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Lee Dohann
16:50 Jun 28, 2020

Beautiful piece. Enjoy the submission, great flow of emotions. Fun read.

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.