0 comments

Thriller Suspense

“Mommy give me a phone, I want a new, super phone!” I said holding up a cool photo I saw in a magazine. 

 “You already have 10 phones. Honey don’t you think that’s enough,” says mommy.  

“NO! I need it. All my friends have it. You don’t want me to miss out, do you?” I say with puppy dog eyes.

“Ah, I guess we could make an exception for this one, this will be your early birthday present,” says mommy. I can barely focus on my goal because of my mom's hideous outfit. It wants to make me barf. 

“Mommy! You're the best! Love your dress, anyways.” I say, trying to change the topic. 

“Yeah I remember you picked it for me. I can’t wear anything you don’t like, remember silly?” DON'T CALL ME SILLY. 

“Yeah I know, when is the phone coming?” I try to keep my cool after she called me silly, so unkind and rude of her. 

“I could get it first thing tomorrow. In the meantime you should go to bed, it’s past midnight.” 

“Alright mommy, remember first thing tomorrow,” I shout with excitement! I go upstairs into the Master bedroom which is mine. I snuggle up tight with Mrs. Fluffy, my adored stuff animal and I fall quickly asleep. 

“Ethan! Wake up! I got your amazing, smart, technically advanced phone you wanted.”

“Dad is that you,” I say still with my eyes closed. 

“No. It’s me your mother, remember you dad left us? Don’t think about that now, I got the expensive phone you asked for!!” 

“Ah mom! Thank you,” I yell with excitement snatching the phone box out of her hands. 

“Not yet. You have to eat breakfast I made you! It’s your favorite,” says Mommy. 

“Alright I’m going to watch T.V while I’m doing eating.”

“You're the boss, sweetie pie,” says Mother. I grab Mrs. Fluffy and head downstairs with Mrs. Fluffy. I smell the fresh bagel on the counter. My mouth begins to water.

Suddenly I spot the remote and go there instead of the bagel. T.V is better than anything. I grab the remote and head to the kitchen where the T.V is. I press the turn on button. 

Suddenly the T.V has a blur and nothing is working. No channel is working. It’s properly just a glitch

“Mom the T.V is broken again,” I yell to make my mom come downstairs and maybe fix this piece of junk. 

“MOM COME ON! WE DON”T HAVE ALL DAY,” I scream to my mom. Finally I hear footsteps coming downstairs.

“You silly boy, the T.V isn’t broken, look,” says my mother in a gentle voice. I quickly turn to look at the T.V and it is perfectly normal. Properly was just my imagination. 

I watch the T.V and eat, while mommy is making herself breakfast. I love my mother bagels. It's the only thing she is good at. 

“Mom, I finished my bagel, could I have my phone now,” I ask. 

“Alright let me finish my breakfast-”

“NO! I need it now! NOW, NOW, NOW!” I yell. 

“Alright I’m going to get it, just whole on.” Mommy leaves the room and suddenly the T.V becomes a bur, I try to switch the channel, but nothing works. What is happening? I pinch myself, and close and open my eyes, but it’s still happening. This T.V is broken. I was right. 

Suddenly the T.V starts to work. I turn around and see Mommy holding my new advanced phone. I am still puzzled by what just happened with the T.V.  This phone is all I wanted, I all dreamed, but what is happening to the T.V? 

I grab the phone and open it, maybe hoping I could search up my question and get the answer. 

I unwrap the plastic to lift the lid off the bottom part of the box. I see my new shiny Blue advanced phone. It’s perfect. It looks amazing. 

I open my phone up, put in my passcode and start searching my question, until my phone turns black and then it enters my social media. I get startled and drop my phone onto the ground, but the phone continues like it has a mind of its own. 

“Mom are you watching this,” I say silently looking around the room, but quickly realizing she left for work. 

I put my focus on the phone and it says downloading. What is it downloading!? 

Suddenly all my embarrassing photos and videos. 

“NOOOO,” I scream, grabbing my phone and pressing all the buttons I could to try to stop this nightmare. 

 Nothing works though. The screen says download is successful with a smiley face at the end, but instead of a smile I’m in tears. My 10k followers are going to see this. My life is ruined. 

Suddenly the screen turns black and there's words that read, Don’t tell anyone or else I could ruin your life really quickly, watch me.

Tears are running down my cheeks. I pick up my new phone and put it in the sink. I turn the water on. This should do it. 

“I’m waterproof,” says the phone. Omg It talks. I run outside, I whip the tires from my eyes. 

Suddenly I got an amazing idea. I run into the garage and grab a tool which should help me with getting rid of my phone. I go back inside and find my phone. 

I close my eyes and smash the hammer into the phone. I continue smashing and smashing until I can’t catch my breath. 

I open my eyes and see it all destroyed. I want a different phone. I need to start looking online, no more magazines. 

I go into my room and sit down on my desk, I open the computer. It’s black, the same black as my phone was in the beginning. 

“You don’t want to see me when I get mad.” It’s back, the evil thing is back! How do I get rid of it?! 

“What do you want from me?! What do you want I’ll give you anything,” I beg. 

“You treat your mother like she's crap, be kind.” 

“Alright you have my word, I won’t be rude to another human being again I promise,” I plead. 

“Please…” I beg. 

“You need to suffer for your actions,” says the computer. All the electronics start to flicker, white and black. 

I ran out. I run with my eyes closed. I ran for my life out of the house. My life is done, these are my last moments

Until a remarkable idea hits me.  I run into the garage, get some gasoline and make a circle with the oil. I get a match and light it up. 

I watch my house. I watch my mom’s house get burned. I watch it get demolished by the fire. I watch. Until I hear my mom’s car come into the garage. 

February 26, 2021 01:41

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.