" The Chibuliv Reflection "

Submitted into Contest #101 in response to: Write a story that involves a reflection in a mirror.... view prompt

0 comments

Fantasy Fiction Mystery

"What the?!" I exclaimed confused, shocked, and scared at the same time.

" Please. You're the only one that can help us..."

...

It all started on a boring, gloomy Friday at home. I just got back from school and ran up headed to my bathroom.

I open the door into my tiny, but do-able bathroom and looked into the mirror. I started brushing and fixing my hair and I looked at my reflection a few times to make sure I did it right. Until it began fogging up.

It was honestly really weird. It wasn't the tiniest bit steamy and I hadn't even blew on it. I put down my brush, slightly confused.

What? How did that happen?, whispered a part of my brain.

I used my hand to wipe off all the fog and became face to face with this really elegant, pretty, girl who looked very much like an elf with her long pointed ears. Her eyes shone a pretty blue and the top of her dress was poofy and red. Only about 1 quarter of her body was shown.

"What the?!" I exclaim confused, shocked, and scared at the same time. I fall back against the wall as the strange sort of elf stares back at me.

" Please. Your the only one that can help us," she said in a soft whisper. She shifted her arms.

" Who? What? When? Where?" I say in a jumble of words.

The elf girl made a slight confused face. " Far away from this planet, lies Beldun. He roams my planet, burning everything. You see, he controls fire. He plans to destroy my home. All of it. All the mountains and hills and beautiful scenery. All turned to ash. My family. Along with others."

" Ok too bad for you. HOW DID YOU MAGIC YOURSELF INTO MY MIRROR?! Why do you look like some ELF ALIEN?! And what does all of it have to do with ME?!" I finally blurt out. I was still leaning against the wall, breathing heavily.

" I used some simple "Reflection Dust." It allows me to go into mirrors. If the huh-u-man is the chosen one, they will be able to see me. I'm not an elf alien. But I do come from a different planet. Chibuliv. You're the chosen one. So everything has to do with you. You will obtain the water power which will allow you to defeat him with."

...

6 months later, I start to master my power. I have now moved to Chibuliv and I meet up with Layla, the elf from the mirror. I hear all about the fires and sometimes I see a glance of Beldun but Layla reminds me not to do anything until I can fully take him on.

" Great training today!" exclaims Layla as she walks towards me. I sit down on this floating chair, exhausted from training with water. The chair produces some cool air which cools me down.

" Thanks! I think I'm ready to take him on now..." I reply back, thinking.

" Yes. You cannot face him because you would most likey die, but you can attempt to sneak up and drown him." replied Layla thoughtfully.

A week or so later, I go outside and I see Beldun. He stood wickedly, his back facing me as he watched some buildings burn down. He had a large horned helmet on top, a bulky set of armor that seemed to be on fire, and some chains in his long, half burn black hands. He was honestly like 6 feet tall and could most definetely beat an 11 year old such as myself.

He takes a step forward as steam hisses out of his elfish ears. Before he could throw his chains wherever he was gonna throw them, I step out of my hiding hole, and lift my arms up only thinking of water rising from the ground. It's not as easy as you think it is. It's really hard to lift my hands up.

The water rushes up from the ground, splashing and engulfing Beldun with it. I see him fall to the ground, choking on the water. He spins around and then sees me, the one who did this to him in the first place. Standing up weakly, he burst a flame of fire onto my arm which burns REALLY BAD. I CANNOT EVEN DESCRIBE MY PAIN TO YOU RIGHT NOW. IT HURTS SO BADLY I SOON CAN'T EVEN FEEL MY ARM ANYMORE.

I scream in really real pain as I fall to the floor. I weakly keep the water up but it soon stops. I blurrily see Beldun fall to the floor and choke on water but then get back up. Stars start to spin in my vision as my surrounding became more blurry and black. Before I can make out what's happening, I faint.

I wake up and see the ceiling of...a hospital? Oh right! I fainted and now I have a headache. I sit up and I see Layla and this old...human! next to her. He wore a long silk robe and he smiled down at me. He honestly shown a bit too brightly and glowed like the sun.

" Hey Charlotte! You feelin' okay? Great job defeating Beldun though!" said Layla sympathecially. I mean, I did just pass out.

" Wha-"

" We'll talk about it later. Rest a bit first," she says to me.

" Okay...who's that man next to you?" I question looking at the old man.

" Uh...what man?" she questions looking next to her.

" The old man next to you," I reply. The old man chuckles and looks at me.

She looks at me like I'm crazy and walks out of the room.

" Who are you?" I question the old man who took a seat next to me. My headache starts to calm down.

The old man opens his mouth and starts to talk. " Hello Charlotte. It's finally nice to meet you. My name is Azart and I was the former " Chosen One..."

July 07, 2021 00:03

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.