Mr robin and houses create a nights dream

Submitted into Contest #63 in response to: Write a story from the perspective of a bird migrating for the winter.... view prompt

1 comment

Adventure Fantasy Happy

Snuggled, in the warmth of the bed. All the way down from the brittle cold ground .

His colours reflecting against the trees as he smiles down at the world looking quite smug . The fact that he was in the warm made him shiver the cold breeze out as he continued to look on through the lights of the enchanted houses that draw closer home . They too are happy as they watch with interesting smiles the magical houses blind out the night and see that the little robin is smiling up at them from the far distance . As the air continues to grow thicker the le leaves on the ground red , green and yellow resembling the traffic lights from afar this beautiful light that continues to shine bright over the houses and the robin .

“ this is the life” , says the robin as he takes in the marvellous view all snuggled up in the warm

fur to protect him a nest to rest upon . And as he smiles at the houses he gets a sense of happiness for the loneliness is no longer insight as the houses too come walking out in the street and up to the robins retreat .

they smile and the light flickers out . From there smile as they begin to speak through the doors mouth , “hello Mr robin , here all alone in the warmth of the tree that is bringing you joy , may we houses rest below the tree and we will keep you company . You see we travel from a far and you are so beautiful that we decided to share this night with you . Mr robin takes In the sight of the houses and then looks to the alluring sky to see the stars gleam against the wavering stream that flows fluently in the clouds of daydreams . He then does something remarkable , the houses look on with interest as me robin let’s go of the warmth of the nest and let’s a seed drop from the nest onto the houses gleaming pathways they smile one last time before the seed grows into a beautiful sun light flower and it’s tall and bright but the houses see that inside the flower there is a mighty nest and within that nest there is all the colours of the rainbow light that everlasting shines down the stream once more , back out inside the flower it gleams and it’s eternal light follows through back home .

until it reaches the surface of the flower and it forever Shines down upon the tree where the robin lay peacefully as he watched his guests face they shine and shiver In cold air , as me robin see frightened windows stream from the light felt houses hearts as they grow cold they try to watch the display of the sunlight flicker in the flames wicket .” It’s ok to Be cold here watch this “. And mr robin points to the houses flower and that’s when they see it the magic of the flower takes it true shine as out pips a giant nest bigger than any houses room the nest is filled with light as it folds over this very night the robin and the flower smile knowing the magic came from the sky and the stars alone are the witness of this great adventure .

“ Mr robin how can we ever thank you “. The houses say as they wrap warm in the sunlight of the nest of the flower .”

” well you can always share an enchanting time with me “mr robin states . “You see I could not have done that enchanted spell without you “ as mr robin winks at the houses they smile watching always watching the night come out from the golden barrier that is life .

“Mr robin you gracious soul your magical powers glow , “ how do you keep warm yourself ”?

Mr robin points to the warmth of the radiator in the nest . “You see I am magical and with our magic our hearts beat us one “ just like you houses I have come a far flying high in the glistening sky can be a challenge in this wintry bliss however I have found solitude now that we have come together we can beat as one our powers grow as one .“

” thank you “ the houses say in peace as they watch on at the south of the earth spinning around in this magical light they are forever reminded of the happiness that brought them all together for anything is possible if you believe in magic

all your dreams will come true .

The beautiful light continues to shine down upon that tree and as the houses fall into a deep meaningful sleep the robin smiles for he has now completed his journey to share the winter and the warmth that touches us all in magical ,mysterious places .

a burning light flicker from the flower and the nest and our friend Mr robin smiles and glowingly turns back into an angel to all a restful night to all those who dream in light may you all sleep tonight my houses my sunflower , my nest now rest you won’t see me in the morning because I will be blessed in heaven where I belong my home from the northern lights of love .

the angel smiles and whisper away into the night , as she went higher and higher into the blissful sky to all a goodnight may forever be the light .

The next day the houses awoke with no memory of the night before but only a message that was clear magic is near and comes from unexpected places .

the angel smiled my friends may you be blessed always .

As the houses continued there journey back home they don’t feel sad they feel alive thanks to a little magic and a beautiful night that was shared with an angel who was disguised a robin

they felt peace going home and they remembered her as they smile to all magic is beautiful magic is light .

together they shared there gifts of happiness the angel then comes down from the heavenly skies and back home with the houses .

into the night .

October 16, 2020 18:49

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Broken Stars
05:46 Oct 22, 2020

Good work👍

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.