0 comments

American Friendship High School

Geneviève is my name. Yes it is Geneviève very... how do you say it? "unique?" I guess. I live in a house of two parents and 13 siblings *I am one of the thirteen*, I often keep quiet and stay out of trouble even though I could blame someone else, just because I don't always or usually have a time to speak without someone interrupting or someone else is talking, since I never really talk because of this problem in my house hold, I am always called "quiet" and if I try to explain why I don't talk they will hush me and call me "rude".


Besides that, I have a Best-friend forever, named Kendell. And since my name is Geneviève, Kendell just calls me Genn even though most of the time it is spell Jenn, I just go with it and I call her Deli for like a Deli where you get your milk and cheese because her name is Kendell so I made it into KenDELI so I call her Deli! Most of the time I can talk is through text or call, but... I must admit my friends usually and some what yell at their pets or family while I am on the phone with her/him, so I have a bad case of luck, if you don't know what I mean is that I never get to talk like ever! Even at school, I am with my friend group and every time I do try to talk I get "talked over".


Then later on any conversation even at home when they finish they ask me what I was going to say, but I just say something different and just answer with "I like your shirt" or "oh nothing" or even "I forgot maybe later I will remember" so I never really get to answer what I want to say even if it was about getting the lead in a play or getting an A+ on a test!


Well, now that I told you about my life now lets get on with the story! Like usual I woke up almost fully soaked in cold water from my 12 other siblings, then I "try" to walk down stairs even though it is full of toy cars and what-not. Once I have completed the mission of walking down stairs I get some break-feast even though all the cereals have fake bugs or toys crammed in the boxed for pranks and so on. After I found some eggs in the fridge to make I cant make them on the stove because Mom always makes Dad a full course meal for work. So I just out an egg in the bowl and heat it up for one minute and thirty seconds, when the egg is done I put it on bread with mayonnaise and lettuce and mustard!


Then, I go and get my backpack on while forgetting clothes so I rush to put on clothes that I never knew I had even though I am pretty sure it is one of my sisters clothes. I put on my backpack and then hop on the bus to see my bestie on the right side sitting with the biggest tub of slime ever! We play with the slime for a while then finally get to school where the friend group is and everyone starts chatting away! A few times I try to talk but I am never heard or so I think, so later after every ones done Deli asked if I had something I was going to say and of course I did so I told her yes and she asked what I was going to say and I was going to ask if they wanna come to my house and have ice-cream and watch a movie! But I just said " I am happy to be your guys' friend". But Deli asked if that is actually what I was going to say, because she knows I don't get to talk a lot. But I just said it was actually what I was going to say and she doesn't have to worry!


Then the bell rang! Which means that class starts, me and Deli have all the classes together except Music/Gym. Deli does Gym which makes sense because she is on almost all the sport teams there are that the school offers! On the other hand with a broken finger, I do music which is less active than gym but still is active. Because I play the recorder, not the video recorders like the music ones. The one I play is also made for kindergarteners because the school supposedly can't afford another one even though we just had a fundraiser for music class! Which we earned 300 dollars with the fundraiser and some how we still don't "have enough". So me and KenDeli which is also Deli if you forgot, went to English class first then Science then Social studies and then finally Math! Then it was time for Music for me and gym for Deli!


Ughh how I hated having to go to music! You may be wondering why did you pick music then? Well I thought it was gonna be fun and all, but most of the class is kindergarteners so it isn't fun at all. I have to use a baby recorder while they use bigger ones, which makes no sense at all! After I got into the class room I had to fart so then once I farted all the little kids started laughing and calling me " poopy, smelly, diaper pants" which I guess they probably will always call me now.


After music I saw Deli in the hall so I obviously asked how it went in gym but she didn't answer, because she was talking to her "boyfriend" which isn't fair because when we were six we made a rule "girls before boys that makes us hurls" it sounds dumb and makes no sense but it meant each other before boys. Which now means I am now LONLEY! So now I need to scavenge for other people to talk to for the next thirty minutes because obviously, her "boyfriend" is better.


I walked over to this girl named Ella and she was wearing knee high socks with cats on them and an Elsa dress on with skirts under the dress instead of a can-can to make it fluffy, she also had bright red lipstick that stained her skin when she tried to itch her lips with her finger, and shoulder blade length ginger hair that was ratty at the ends, and blue eyeshadow that went all the way to her eyebrows with mascara that wasn't even close to being on the eye-lashes. I went up to her and said hi and told my name and then she responded with her name and hi! We became bestfriends and I actually got to talk, one day I asked if I could do her make-up and clothes for her, she said yes!


I started with the makeup, I did foundation, then concealer, then bronzer and highlighter, then the eye-brow pencil and the blush. Once I finished the main, I did black and red eye-shadow with eyeliner, and clear glossy lip-gloss that shimmered in the light. I did the look on me as well, then we wore black and red crop-tops which the shirt was red, the straps were black, and on the bottom of the crop-top there was fake tears to make it look cool, we wore ripped jeans with that and converse, and our hair was in a high messy pony-tail. When we walked to school we picked up black mini back-packs with a gold zipper. Once we got to school everyone wanted to talk to us and hang out with us! But I have a crush I have been crushing on for more than years you could count! He walked over.... and..... he asked if I wanted to go to the spring-fling with him, I answered yes even though I knew he was finally asking me just because I am wearing something else and look different. I wanted the chance to be with him though.


Saturday, the day I go to the spring-fling with my crush. Most of you probably don't know what his name is, but his name is Brett, pretty cool Huh? I was so excited I told my Mom this was the day of the spring-fling! She helped me get a wonderful white and yellow dress from Forty-Nine closet, it is where we get most of our fancy clothes! Then I had white high-heels that made me look a lot more taller. When it was around 7:03 pm Brett knocked on the door and had a wonderful looking corsage it had so many wonderful looking colors on it! Brett got the corsage out of the box and put it around my left wrist even though I think it is supposed to be the right wrist. Brett walked me to his car, while my sisters and brothers where doing whatever little kids do, Mom HAD to take a photo! I told her that we were fine and we will take photos when we go there but she didn't listen.


After I got in the car Brett said that I looked so beautiful and kissed me! Like a full on kiss! For two whole minutes! Then he asked my name, which I thought he knew, but I said Geneviève but he could call me Genn. He looked at me then told me that he will call me BABE!!!???!! I thought it was cute in all but we just met! Or just introduced each other, then later when we got to the spring-fling and we were holding hands and kissing each other like the whole time we were driving! So anyways we got there and started dancing and all then he asked if I wanted to go eat dinner and I said sure so we went to a huge fancy restaurant!


About nine years later we are still dating, he proposes to me in front of the whole class! I said yes, but I was shocked! We had our marriage and everything then we had children, a boy named Joshua, and a boy named Thomas. I was telling all of this because I found out that when-ever I try to talk I always say something else, and when I was with my friend Kendell she was kind of rude, and now I can now talk with what I wanted to say! And Ella is still my bestie and she is also married to a person she met at a bowling place! She has one girl named Geneviève which I thought was so sweet of her naming her after me! And when I met Ella and we were friends all of high school she let me talk when I wanted and was really supportive! So I think that my life is pretty awesome! Ever sense I went with Brett to the dance I have been more independent and started talking more, so I think some people are better for you than others!

January 14, 2021 18:32

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.