1 comment

General

It's finally spring; the best time of the year according to Little Bill. I swear, no matter how many people I try and relay that reference to I always get blank stares. How could anyone forget the springtime play that Little Bill and his friends did?


'Spring is here, spring is here, it's the best time of the year.'


Whatever, that'll just be my own little mantra I'll sing to myself all of spring. No one has to join in my merriment.


Alright, it's about six p.m. I think this a perfect time to go ahead to the park in Reynolda village, the temperature should be about seventy when I get there according to the weather I looked at earlier. Perfect walking weather. Okay - I've got my phone, my keys, wallet, headphones. My phone is charged up, my headphones I charged last night. Yep, I think I'm good. Oh! Let me not leave yet, I'll close the door really quickly and go and grab my walking staff. I love looking like some nomadic patriarch while walking. People seem to not look at me too oddly when they see me walking with a staff, yet at the same time I can still see the looks I get. It's kind of amusing. I think the staff is why a lot of people speak to me while I'm out walking, great conversation starter.

Okay, out the door and to the car. I chose the perfect time to come out, the sun isn't bearing down as intensely now. The sky is clearer than it's been in a while, that is almost an oceanic blue. Reynolda village isn't that far away, I should be there in about fifteen minutes. Let me roll the windows down and experience that heavenly breeze. I feel like that's the only way to drive around during the warm months. What's the point of keeping your windows rolled up and breathing in all that artificial air when God has given us the crispest and cleanest air to breathe, naturally? Just my own logic. I can't help but look at the people in these other cars with themselves sealed inside, as if the outside atmosphere is toxic to them. It's kind of hilarious.

It's a blessing to be able to understand others even while not fully understanding them. I always look to them as an extension of myself, really. So when they sit in their houses or overly air conditioned cars I definitely see why they would want to. I mean, in my youth I would love being in the cool, house A/C. However at the same time, I would always love journeying outdoors on a regular basis to experience the nature around me.

Just like now! Just made it to Reynolda village, I'm excited. The last time I was here I was only able to get a glimpse of the gardens here. Ah, what a beautiful day that was. My girlfriend and I had a picnic out here before in the fields. We chose a tree to sit under that had the perfect amount of shade covering us as well as sunshine being shown.

But today I'm tackling these gardens. We passed them when we were leaving our picnic and I caught sight of it slightly. Standing at the garden's gazebo I can see the full scenery. There are walkways to the left that will take me past a few flower beds; sheesh, those are some huge flower beds. Each one is like twenty feet - I mean, just from my inexperienced naked eye. I think I'll start there.


My staff is awesome to help me when walking. I really feel like some Biblical character. These flowers are beautiful. Yellow tulips, they extend upward in a way that is very similar to sunflowers. Oh my goodness, and their smell is so fragrant. But, a light fragrance, like a subtle oil extract that a woman would adorn her neck and chest with. I wish I knew the names of flowers, because these pink ones right next to them are lovely. These smell a little sweet as well, but more... earthy. I like it. I would have both of these in my house for sure.

Flower beds on either side of me, this is a perfect evening. Oh, just came to a ledge. I can step down though, looks like there's plenty more garden. Huh, I see that it comes to ledges again a couple of times. These gardens are larger than I thought. I may not be able to traverse the entire thing today. Excellent.

Hey, bees. I love watching bees. I would always watch them in our yard when I was a child when I would just go outside to get some fresh air and maybe make up a game to play. I liked how they had stingers, but they never really bothered anything. They minded their business and jumped from flower to flower, gathering pollen. I always thought they were adorable, truth be told.

There aren't as many as I would normally expect. Huh. It's kind of making me sad. I remember when I was a kid, there would have been a swarm of bees all over these gardens, gathering up the pollen to go and help the earth continue to flourish. Shoot, wasps would have been out there too; and those big bumble bees, even the carpenter bees would have been out here. Those are actually my favorite ones; I like how they'll come and just float in front of you. Almost as if they are just as interested in what you are as you are them.

These flowers are all still wonderful to look at though. I'm still sticking with my goal for when I have my dream house built. I want to have an atrium, probably in the middle of the house. And it's gonna be like a greenhouse, pretty much. And it's gonna be FULL of plants; wall to wall. Each morning, or at least once per day, I'm going in there, smoking some tree, and watering my plants and talking to them and God. Ahhh, I can see it so vividly.

This place is amazing. I'm glad that thought came back to me, I'm going to keep thinking and talking about that atrium until I'm walking in it heheh. I need to come out here more often. I guess I will, now that it's finally spring again.

March 29, 2020 17:43

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Rachel Anthony
21:19 Apr 08, 2020

Beautiful imagery! Great job!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.