2 comments

Crime Mystery Suspense

Long time ago in a city of Leneviah;there lived a king and a queen who had a lovely, charming beautiful daughter who brought joy and warmth around people's hearts.

The flower that blossomed in the garden; the whispers that came from the flowers-

"the beautiful flower that swings each day-

The Princess walked into a room finding her father the king quietly sat on his throne;the princess hugged and kìssed her father on the forehead.

Father-

Yes!my princess

"I needed to go for shopping ,"said the princess.

The king held the princess' cheeks as he gave her that warm smile-

"anything for you my princess.

The Princess went to Fildral Shopping mall; a certain man who had a black eye bumped onto the princess.The man bent down in a panic; picking up the princess purse-

"am sorry princess,"the man said.

The bodyguard holding a sword got hold of the man by his collar;pinning him by the wall.

"Wait! bodyguard leave him alone,"the princess said.

b-but my princess

"that's my order,"said the princess.

The excitement on the princess face was inevitable; attending her first class in Royalty Junior Academy was like winning a bag full of gold.Things were going on good until one fateful afternoon two men with black eye sheds approached the princess and her friends -

princess-

"Yes! If I may ask who are you guys?the princess asked.

One of the guy cleared his throat -"ahem! We are your bodyguards and your father asked us to pick you up.

mmmm -the princess stared at the two men; she wasn't convinced at all.The men reached into their pockets; on their hands holding a card to identify themselves.

A dark window tinted car was waiting outside the school gate;the princess got in as they drove off.

"Hey! Hey! That's not the way to the palace, "the princess said.

The driver didn't stop the car; it was zooming away-

"where are you taking me? somebody help!

the princess was faced with a pointing gun directly on her forehead -"keep quiet or I will send you to the next world. "The Princess sat quietly; she couldn't scream her mouth silenced with a piece of a black rag.Her hands tied together like a bunch of logs;not knowing where she was being taken to.

The news spread so fast like a wild fire about the disappearance of the princess; joy had been transformed into sadness.weeping was heard in every corner of the streets;all hopes was to find the princess safe and sound.

Days went by and the queen had not had anything to fill her empty stomach; all locked up inside her room.The queen could be heard weeping all day long.

Months after months went by;the princess disappearance was a mystery. All swept under a carpet as movement in the palace continued normally.

The sounds that came from the chimney; fire glowing in the fire place as bells continually rang.It was past mid night when the queen took a walk to have that freshness of air behind the garden.

A little girl all worn in a bright white dazzling cinderella's dress; stood in the garden-sounds calling out

mummy!

the little girl stretched her hands towards the queen -"help me!

"my princess -the queen put that smile on her face;as she ran to hug the little girl but the girl disappeared.

My princess-my princess -the queen looked everywhere around the garden but she couldn't find the little girl.The screams that woke up people around the palace,The queen sat in the garden;all her eyes wet with tears that dripped to her garment.

"My queen, what's the matter?the king asked.

"I saw her, "said the queen.

who -the king couldn't understand what the queen meant when she said "she saw her."

"She was right here, the princess was here and she called me,"the queen said holding the king's hands -"we need to find her.

The king smiled -"that's not possible, it has been over three years now and the princess might be dead. The queen got hold of the king -no!no! I saw my princess and she is alive not dead.The palace maids lifted the queen from the seat; helping her into the palace.

As they walked through the cold, quiet corridor; the lights blinking and pictures on the wall dancing. The fear that got hold of the air; hearts of many filled with chills.

The floating girl moved around; the palace maids took to their heels to get off from that place.The gown that got hold of the king's legs; bringing him to a big fall. The sounds that echoed all over the palace -

mummy! Daddy!

"who are you?the king asked as he stared onto the ceiling.

For years the ghost of the princess continued haunting them.

One day, the news was all over about finding the body which had been thrown near Ommoselle river.The king and the queen rushed to the scene;the body had decayed,visitors ruled the body moving from nose to eyes.

The royal bangle was handed to the king-"this is the princess bangle. The strength on the queen's legs fainted;her legs couldn't hold her up as she fell onto the ground.

"My queen! My queen!

The king shook the queen to wake her up but she didn't; doctors shook their heads as they looked at the king-"my king,we are sorry but the queen is no more.

"what did you say?the king asked patting the queen to wake up, as cold as an ice the queen's body was so cold.The king bowed down his head; tears dripping from his eyes.The bodies of both the queen and the princess were loaded into awaiting van.

The wound once again had been opened more deeper; hearts had been stabbed first, second and third time. As the leg decays after been stabbed and couldn't walk; the palace was in a quiet zone. Weeping were heard across the streets;sadness had filled the air in the palace.

Laughter could always be heard at night; it was not once but all the time. The palace had been haunted; the ghost of the queen and the princess will always appear to the king.The kings' face all wrinkled up and eyes worn out,walking like a walking corpse.

It was past 9am In the morning and the king was not awake;there was no response coming from his chamber. The king lied on his bed:his body cold and not moving. The king had died.

The ghosts of the palace continued tormenting people;till today the palace has remained to be an haunting palace.

October 23, 2020 05:44

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Therese Hudson
07:03 Oct 28, 2020

Good story.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Joan Opoyi
05:45 Oct 23, 2020

Great story

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.