7 comments

Fiction Crime Drama

Our curtains. They hide so many things for us, only to show the others how “amazing” we are, and how “happy” our life is as a family. We are role models. We are always perfect. The Lopez family... 

Mr. Lopez is a business man. A handsome man, with an amazing bank account. And his wife, Ms. Lopez was a fashion model that had her own business. They had a happy marriage and a happy child. Their child’s name was Isabella. She was such a beauty. Her mom, Selina Lopez, saw that and wanted her beauty to be seen by everybody. She started doing beauty pageants since the age of almost 1. She won more than 1000 awards because of beauty pageants. She was a doll. Professional make-up artists were doing her make-up since her early start. Her dresses always included expansive diamonds. She was always wearing strong make-up and she started wearing lash and hair extensions since the age of 4. She was always looking like a doll. Once, in 1988, when Isabella was 5, she won a car and 10.000$ in cash. Her family was so proud of her. Isabella and her mom were spending more than 1000$ on costume, make-up, pageant trips, hair extensions + lash extensions, outfits and many other things. They were living in an expensive house. They had ten houses. Half of them were won by Isabelle. They had a lot of money, not only because of Isabelle’s pageant’s, her dad. Paul Lopez had a network of 70.000.00 $, without Isabella’s pageants’ awards. Selina Lopez had a network of 50.000.00 $. Isabella had her hair bleached at 4 years old because her mother thought that girls were prettier with blonde straight hair and blue eyes, so, she put some blue contact lenses. She wasn’t ugly without all the lash extension, hair extensions, contact lenses, strong make-up, fancy dresses but, for her mom, she was never pretty enough. When Isabella was 8, her mother decided to put silicones in her breasts, because she told her that she will look way better in a swimsuit or a dress with the silicones, and she did that even if it was illegal. She was doing home schooling with the best teachers in the whole country. 

Her mother was obsessed with her daughter’s body and weight. Isabella had a strict diet. If she would have eaten chocolate, chips or other junk food, her mother would probably yell at her and would put her own daughter in a cold bath. Her mother was strict with her. Isabella didn’t know how is to stay with her friends, having parties or even spend time with her parents but all these things were always hidden by their curtains. 

All these things happened until something happened to the little Isabella in 1988. Isabella was going to a new pageant with her mother when a car hit their car aggressively. Isabella suddenly hit her head in the car’s window and then she lost her and consciousness then she got into a coma. Her mother only hit her neck but she didn’t lose her consciousness. Everybody was shocked when they heard about the accident. Her mother didn’t say about thing about the situation neither her dad. In 1990 The Lopez couple announced that their daughter wasn’t going to wake up and that they built a hospital only for her with doctors and nurses. Nobody understood why they did that because if they knew that their daughter was dead, why wouldn’t they just bury her. 

People were still lied by their curtains. Everything had to change in 1999. Isabella was almost 17 years old back then, when she woke up from a 11-year coma. The nurses were shocked. That was a miracle! They entered Isabella’s salon and they asked them questions until they put some questions about her past but during her coma, she totally lost her memory. After about an hour the nurses wanted to call her parents but nobody answered. The doctors called too but the Lopez couple was untraceable. After almost 2 weeks of un-answered phone call. Something small started to be seen through the curtains when Isabella didn’t want to try to remember her past, and that was a sign, that their family relationship wasn’t the best and everybody started to think that their relationship was cold. After two months the doctor decided to call the police. Monday, it was midnight when assassins sent by an unknown. They told them that they would tell the police that it was a mistake. The assassins told them that if they were going to keep the curtains closed, everything would have been okay. After that moment nobody said anything about The Lopez family, and for the public it started to be quite weird because before the accident, The Lopez family was all over tv and there weren’t any magazines or newspapers without their names on it. They were known as the Perfect family all over the world and they won more than 100 competitions for families.  

It had been more than 5 months since Isabella woke up and neither Paul or Selina Lopez answered the e-mails, phone calls or messages. Isabella was careless. She didn’t want to make any progress to try to remind her past, like she didn’t even want to. Everything started to be seen even more through the family’s curtains. In the hospital that was made for Isabella, she had her own room with different book, gifts, awards, and, one day some of the people that came from the cleaning services, found a diary. She saw that the last time she wrote in the diary was the day when the accident happened. She gave the diary to the other doctors and nurses to read it and what they found shocked them. Even if the assassins told everybody that if they were going to pull the curtain to the public, they would be killed in the exact same time but after all they read in that diary, they instantly gave it to the police. The police found out that her parents actually forced Isabella to do pageants, they were cutting her belly when she would have got more kilograms, they weren’t giving her enough food, they would have only given her a snack and water to keep her slim fit and her parents were obsessed with Isabella...and not in a loving mode.... 

The police officers brang the couple at the police station. Her mother, Selin, said that the accident was planned. She told them that she paid 9000$ for a professional driver, only to kill her daughter `accidently`, and for her to not be blamed by the society or the police. She told them that she used her daughter only for money and that she made a child only to make money and fame to the family. She used to beat up her daughter every day, sometimes without a reason. Her father told the police officers that he was a drug dealer and he used to put drugs in her daughter’s food or drinks to make her daughter forget about the abuse that her parents gave her. The couple also said that after their daughter’s `death`, they left the country and hid all the weapons. That is one of the reasons why they made a hospital for their daughter, that was far away from the city. 

After all that everybody was shocked and silent. The curtains were finally opened wide. In their houses, the police officers found 5 guns and more than 20 packages of drugs. The Lopez couple had to stay in prison 30 years for drugs, abuse to their own child and many other reasons. Isabella started rehab, and now is living in her own house and she started writing books and University.  

The curtains are now wide opened and now, we can tell that the perfection is only fictional. 

DISCLAIMER! THIS IS FICIONAL STORY AND IT IS NOT BASED ON TRUE EVENTS !!!

January 02, 2021 19:28

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

7 comments

14:44 Jan 09, 2021

Good job!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Kaveesha Ruwindi
14:38 Jan 09, 2021

Powerful write!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Kay (:
04:32 Jan 11, 2021

Well first off, I would like to address the spacing. If it was written as one big block instead of different paragraphs it can become confusing on where the scene changes. When you said Ms it is a way of saying they don't know what their status is, Mrs is saying they are married and since you said she was Mr. Lopez's wife you should've used Mrs. Expansive? Don't you mean expensive? The money sign should go before the numbers like this $40 dollars. Instead of + you should say and. One part is says Isabella and another it says Isabelle you wan...

Reply

Joane Unknown
05:29 Jan 11, 2021

Thank you so much for addressing me those mistakes, I am a beginner and your comment will help me a lot! I am glad you still liked my story!

Reply

Kay (:
05:47 Jan 11, 2021

Ah that's ok, I'm happy to help if you need any!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Joane Unknown
05:29 Jan 11, 2021

Thank you so much for addressing me those mistakes, I am a beginner and your comment will help me a lot! I am glad you still liked my story!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 2 replies
Aura Aura
19:30 Jan 03, 2021

Wow!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.