0 comments

Adventure Coming of Age Contemporary

' BONJOUR MONSIEUR'

At the distant coast, I destined with wonders in my palm. For the very first moment in my being, seduction of heart overwhelmed me. My eyes stuck in merriment. Then I pressed close just to wonder about the beauty, but long before my eyes had fallen into her heart. With a faint smile in my faulty eyes, 'good morning' I pondered. To keep me at a content, her throat uttered fresh like banana juice, bonjour monsieur, she replied which amazed me more than amused me. I was stuck in the middle of truth and trying to get something to say, but I only waived at her with a fake goodbye. That was the first encounter of alien bonjour.

Like a corpse going home to be buried, wicked at mind, I returned East with tremendous discussions in mind. I was only left in weird dilemma of ocean blue. I knew not what to say, to make amends for my own. I was in the brink of barrier, beginning to recognize the faults that lied within my soul. I had no judgement for this was the beginning of my emotional vulnerability. All along, the thought of her vaccumed my mares, I had nothing to tell myself. At that lonely night, when I screamed, did I know that ghost had me too. I did not take it seriously!

Trading my sorrow, something had changed about my step. That the taste of the coffee at the coast imported in cheer starring from hand to mouth. But it went viral. My intention seemed to had been stirred around. And I had been weakened, only had a little for my hustle, thinking would impress. It only ended in absolute extervention. Though I hypocritisised not to have cared much, it searched behind my back. This went in vain.

It was true that, once in a while, I needed a break from the hectic life that was beyond my reach. This break was required in order to pamper my own self. Sometimes, I got tired and lethargic and I got the feeling that I have not been pampering myself or taking care of myself so much, just to catch a bird in the air. Still, this thought ended on that day I had.

One of the primary belief I did not know is if she crazed for me like I did. To prove my discontentment, I got driven back, but something must have led me this time in point. She had recognized me, because of my smiles I thought. Bonjour monsieur she still repeated. This was the second time I heard of this alien word. The best I couldn't, to throw myself in somber shame, was to smile as I did always. I learned something must have fallen from her heart into mine. I only imagined at the cluefy me! She held me close and led me to the guest's table, I moved in sweat on that winter morning. Looked into her eyes and offered me a cup of French coffee meant for the clergymen. I drunk in hurried chock only halfway.

This time she opened her smile too and nodded I was fine. I had a million dollars discussions in mind, closest of all, was to fake nature's call if bill could have been passed to my offered table. She only excused my wrongful thought which I believed she must have studied from my furnishing eyes.

That past morning miraculous evening, all my Comrades searched for me in vain. Thought I had bid my farewell. But to my wonder, at the high table, everyone bowed which to some extent thought was the way of the land. Still this did not answer me enough. She later offered me a glass of sparkling wine I once saw at the king's palace. This time, like a holy priest, I shook my head in fear rejection. Then like a stricken mourner, I muted in silence and walked away. Everyone looked at me in disbelief, I only wondered at my old dress which to me, thought people were estimating.

With a tied note of phobia in my step, I smore never to go back to the coast. Everyone who had a time at the coast that dejected day could look at me in solemn wonder. Death almost forgave me when my new place of survival revealed me to the truth about that unintended risk I had taken. When the new boss saw me, he remembered he had seen me somewhere and also did not imagine could seek for job at his firm.

When he told me he had seen me dinning together with the Cafe's owner at the coast, I recalled as only innocent tears rolled down my heavenly eyes. I did not know the difference between tears of joy, and real tears this time. To my surprise, he secured me manager's post. That was the first blessing in disguise I always heard of in my life. I accepted the offer post enormous disagreements. Everyone wondered at the Maddy me, for I too did not deserve the counteroffer.

'Let us, for a moment, forget the cause' he told me. ' Anytime you tell me you don't deserve this, I don't believe in labels, let's not rush into life.' he added. He said this as he drove me way back home. Still I listened to him like was coming out of a manger. Worst of all to my unintended curse, infact a mystery, he branched via the coast. Like a loyal guard, I decided to wait my master outside in the dark. Shortly afterwards, I could see a stranger dressed in woman's clothe towards me through the dim light. The same lady to my reason for sitting outside.

She also offered a good Samaritan's duty too, to save me from the hungry fellow countrymen who search people's pockets in the dark. She led me inside and gave me a seat, I tried avoiding my stares. I did not want her to recognize me. With fate inside of me, she turned her back and noticed was I. The cowardness, had trippled having known she is the Cafe's boss. She could not cease my disguised blessing at an awe. Nevertheless, she took me inside her private room. I wondered what truth she had foresaw in the poor me. Meal to which was the best my life ever had was served to me, to be sure, I had not dreamt of this for once even.

Joyfully, she shut the door after me and popped out. Ripefully, her intention was to get a mediator to make my silence broken. I was flabbergasted, when my new boss who had left me like a watchdog was brought in. I had no knowledge if he ever heard of the word bonjour monsieur, yes he did, having once served at French Montana's lottery in the guinea and speak a little of French dialect. Something like jumping out had crossed my mind, only she sat at the doorstep. The I could to save my heart was to rather remain zip up. Exasperated and furious, of silent me, my master torn apart moved out in ramble. I picked up my remaining portion and followed him. With bitterness in his mouth, he barked, 'I'm never going out with you again.'

Rwothomio Prosper,

0702657267

prosperrwothomio@gmail.com.

July 25, 2021 11:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.