2 comments

Drama East Asian Fiction

I walked pass the florist shop.I entered the cafe,and looking for someone.There he is.A male,with a starlight-colour hair,with vampire-like pale skin and red ruby eyes was sitting at the conner of the shop.His pale lips curved,smiling brightly at me.I smiled back,and sit in front of him.

"What coffee do you want?"he ask."why so formal,seonghwa?i want matcha latte."I said while chuckled.His ears and cheeks turned bright red,he blushed."He cuped his face,covering his bright red cheeks."stop making me blush,Sojung.You know about my condition."he said,while pouting.

"erghh.let's just straight to the point.so,you want me to live with you,in order to help you taking care of your niece and nephew.Am I right?"I said and Seonghwa shook his head,agree."I didn't want to push you.If you don't want,just say it.It won't effect our friendship though."Seonghwa said,understand.

I smiled."I can't live with you,you stupid.But I can help you by taking care of the children.I felt sorry about them."I said it.The kids had lived a hard life.Their parents,which is seonghwa's older sibling,died in a tragic way.

He smiled.I could look deep in his eyes,he was exhausted.I felt sorry to him."Then,let's pick up the kids.I want to spend time with them since I have many free time today."I said while finishing my coffee.

"But can you take care of them?I mean,I have appointment with doctor today."He asked,while rubbing his back neck.I smiled brightly."Don't worry,I want to take the kids watching movie while you abscent.There is a mall with cinema around there,right?"I said,trying to loosen his worry.

He sighed."Okay then.Let's pick up Jungwon and Junghwa."

Seonghwa went in the daycare.I waited outside.Then,he brought two kids,one boy and one girl while saying thank you to the teacher.He hold the boy's hand while the boys hold the girl's hand using his another hand.On another hand,Seonghwa was holding the kids' bags.They walked together to me.

"Hi Sojung unnie!""Hi sojung noona!"said the kids,together while bent their body down.I just slightly shook my head and take the girl's hand."Hi Junghwa.How's your school today?"I asked her,lift her up."It's a good day,unnie!Everyone is nice!"replied Junghwa.

Then Seonghwa lead our way to his car and we get in.He dropped us at the mall in front of the main road."Kids,please behave or I tell Sojung noona to cancel everything that you guys buy there,Alright?"said Seonghwa to hi niece and nephew.They shook their head, understand.Then,both of them hold both of my hand,and we walked into the mall,while Seonghwa drove his car away to go to the hospital.

"noona,what are we doing here?I thought we are going to accompany Uncle Jung."said Jungwon,innocently.I chuckled and I stop walking,to lift Jungwon's body up."It's because Uncle Jung is a grown up,we don't need to accompany him anymore."I said while smiled.

My left hand hold Junghwa's hand,tightly and I bring these twins to a bench in the mall.I sat Jungwon down and I brought out two straps,and I wore it at junghwa's right wrist and jungwon's left wrist and then I wore both straps at both of my hands,to connect the straps so that they didn't lose from my sight.

A woman with a girl toddler looked at us,and she smiled.She stopped by,and asked me."Is it your children?"I turned my head to her and shook my head."No,it's not.I'm just helping my friends take care of them cause he is busy right now."

"Have a good day young lady."She said and got away.I smiled."Okay kids,let's go watching movie."

After a one and a half hour watching the movie,we went shopping many things.After another 45 minutes,I got a call from Seonghwa,saying that he finished his appointment and already in front of the mall,waiting.After got into the car,junghwa was exhausted and falling asleep.Jungwon was staring at me,without me knowing.

"noona,why didn't noona getting married with Uncle Jung?"asked Jungwon,while staring.I was drinking,and I choked.I,who sat at the front was making Seonghwa panicked so he stopped by the roadside and asked me if I'm okay.

"Jungwon,why did you asked such a question?"Asked Seonghwa to Jungwon.I could see tears in Jungwon's eyes.I coughed,before stopping Seonghwa.I turned,my eyes right now was looking at Jungwon's eyes."We are no more than friends.That's why we're not getting married Jungwon.It's okay if you asked but we really are nothing but friends."I told him and I can feel my chest tighten,my breath was heavy.

Seonghwa nodded."Yes,we are no more than friends."his voice was loosen now.I face to the front back,with my chest tighten.Yep.we are just friends.No more than that.I can see his face redden,as if he was trying to hide his anger.

He dropped me at my house.Before I entered the house,he called me.""Sojung,I....I'm sorry for what Jungwon said just now."I fake my smile."That's okay.I understand."I replied.

As I went into my apartment I can hear his car drove away,and gone in the darkness of the night,I can feel my chest tighten.Jungwon's question was ringing in my head and tears started fall from my eyes.Why.....Why I feel such thing?I don't love him.There is no way I love him right.There's no way.

A month passed.Everything is back to normal.I still did visiting those twins and Seonghwa,but my schedule was getting tight.Today is Saturday,and Seonghwa invited me to go over his house because he have some works to do.

"noona!"called Jungwon when I walked into this studio apartment.Jungwon was playing jenga with his twin."Where is Uncle Jung?"I ask Jungwon,as I can't see Seonghwa anywhere.

"Uncle Jung is changing in the bathroom."answered Junghwa.I just nodded.Then,I put my handbag on the coffee table beside the sofa under Seonghwa's bed and I settled my body down with the kids.After several minutes,Seonghwa got out from the bathroom.He is wearing a black turtleneck sweater and black denims,making his pale skin looks too obvious,and he really look like a vampire.

He looked at me and smiled."I have something to be done,Mind if I let the kids with you?I'm afraid I will be back late."He asked,he is worried.I shook my head."That's fine.As if I have anything to do today."He nodded and he took his hazelnut trench coat and wore an oxford shoes before took his wallet and car keys.

After he gone,I just try to relieved my brain from stress by playing with the kids the whole day.

It's already 9.00 at night.Seonghwa still didn't come back.The kids is already showered and sleep at their bed.They are exhausted because I played so many things with them today.I am tired too.I took a blanket from the wardrobe and settlled myself on the couch under his bed and I fell asleep fastly.

When I opened my eyes,the sky is still dark.I guess it still night.I watched the clock at my phone and it shows 11.59 pm.And I saw no sign of Seonghwa.Where the heck did he go?I open private chatroom of me and him and looks like he shut down his phone.

I sighed.This guy really made me worry.Wait,what did I think about?Then,I heard sound of door was unlocking,so I stood up.There he is.The starlight-colored hair guy,with red ruby eyes.

He cried.And when he saw me,he started to cry again.He looks so unstable."Seonghwa,what's wrong?"I asked him.but he didn't answer.I approached him,thinking of calming himself down.

"Sojung...."I heard he called my name.I approached him and guided him to the couch.We sat there.He still cried."I....I was wrong Sojung....I though I wouldn't love her....but I just...can't.I love her so much."said Seonghwa,all surface of his face redden.I hold his hand.I don't know why,but I felt like my heart was scattered.

"No,no what happen?You can tell me."I tell him while holding his pale hand.He looked at me,in my grey eyes.I did the same."That's fine.You can tell me when you ready."I said while holding his cold hands in mine."You....know my condition,right?"he asked.I nodded. He is albino,that's why his skin always look pale,and he has starlight-colored hair.He also was suffering from bad insomnia,and have a bad migraine,which made his life looked more miserable.To my shock,He needed to take care of two kids and having heart problem which add more stress in his life but he is trying to avoid looking weak in front of the kids.

In the first place,he asked me for being his girlfriend,but after a month,we broke up but I stayed by his side as a friend,no more than that.After that,we never crossed the line.I look at his red ruby eyes and smiled.

"I don't want to love her cause I know I will die soon,but I can't help it."He said while cry again.I tighten my hold,to give him strength.Even my heart was hurt,I can't do follow my heart.I need to stay strong."And who is that lucky girl?I asked him."More tears fell from his ruby eyes and I smiled bitterly,Try to give him strength even though my own heart can't take it.

"She is the one who always stay by my side,even though I have so many weakness.She is the one who didn't stay for the looks,but she stay for the heart.She is Kwon Sojung,the only girl who stay even after I tell her about my weaknesses.But I don't want to hurt her,cuz I'm afraid I will hurt her heart,cause I'm going to die soon."he said,as more tears running down on his face and his face redden.

I don't know why,but I can feel that my tears were running down on my cheek.I.....my heart knew that I love him,but my brain denied it.Then,Seonghwa pull me into a hug,As our tears fell down on our cheeks and make the shoulder parts of clothes wet.My heart pumping fastly,while his is not,but I can still hear the pump.

"Please,Kwon Sojung.Stay with me.Untill the end of my life,our life.I will try my best to not die."Said Seonghwa.and I burst into a wave of tears.And know I know,it's not that I didn't love him,It's just I don't want to hurt my heart if he die.But,that doesn't matter.All matter now is just I'm going to do my best to lighten up his life,bring him out from the darkness he felt for over years.

May 20, 2021 07:30

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

2 comments

Aleeya Ismail
16:38 Jun 30, 2021

LOVE THIS SO MUCHHHHHHH ❤❤

Reply

Aein 07
02:58 Jul 09, 2021

aww thank uuuuu

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.