0 comments

Holiday Friendship Sad

After all the requesting and analysis, it was finalized. We were going on a trip. OH MY GOD! We haven't been on a family trip since forever; not any that I remember; we may have when I was like 2-3. It doesn't matter; I was going on a trip with my parents. I was super-super excited. I had never felt so good in my entire life; my father is always busy with office work; he could never join mum and me for any trip but, he got an off; isn't that AMAZING. Also, we decided that to make it more adventurous and fun, we will take the car. Life just keeps getting better and better. We had to leave at 5 in the morning; I didn't sleep at all; I was up all night packing and arranging my things and keeping my favorite snacks and medicines (just for emergency). Finally, it was 4; I went into the bathroom to take a nice bath as we'll be in the car for a day or two. When I came downstairs: my parents were already packed, bathed, and ready to go. We arranged our bags and essentials in the car, looked at the house for the last time, and took off. I still remember the song playing in the car when we took off; it was 'The Best Day - Taylor Swift.' The sky was white and, the cold breeze was blowing something which usually doesn't happen on a summer day morning; it was mysteriously magical. I stuck my head out of the window and let the beauty snuck me in. Then my mum started talking about my childhood; those stories she told with a smile on her face and; pleasure in her words comforted me and made my dad almost tear up. Being the first and only child, they loved me with all their hearts and remembered every little detail about me. We laughed so hard on some of my epics and almost got emotional on some others. I changed the subject and asked about their childhood; they started with the old tales again, but I didn't care if they were boring or not understandable; I was just happy we were together and; no one or nothing can interrupt that. We played some of dad's favorite Muslim songs with great rhythm, mom's 1970-80 songs that almost made me take a nap. It was snack time; we had some sandwiches. Then we discussed why it's named sandwiches? Funny, isn't it? While my parents were having some personal grown-ups talk about their families, I placed headphones on my ears and started reading a book. It was like an hour before my mum touched me and told me to look outside. We were in a valley; it was more beautiful than my words could ever explain. The greenery and the crystal clear water made my heart melt and, the smell was just refreshing and so pure. I got down the car; my eyes brightened up and, I just lay down on the grass, feeling the vibe of that place. My parents stood there hugging and smiling at each other. After spending some time there, we left. We started debating again about how the rich people have less time and all; dad and I were in one team and mum on the other. Of course, we (dad and I) were more powerful. It was almost nighttime; our destination was 1 day away from here. It was discussed that we were gonna stay at a hotel for the night to get some good night's sleep, then we'll be off in the morning. The most expected hotel was almost 2 km away; we reached there and check-in. We had a suite so, one room for mom and dad and the other for me. It was around 8 when we arrived, so it was no sleeping time; we ordered some room service and made ourselves comfortable on the couch. We binge-watched supernaturals and marvel movies; till 10. Then I asked my mom if she wanted to check out the hotel; she was in. The place was appealing. There was a fountain and; a grassy garden and, the ballroom was charming. Then we took a look at the banquet hall was extremely big and full; people were still dining in there. We came back to the suite finding, dad already asleep; the television was on. We shifted dad to the room and started watching Gilmore girls. Mom and I have always shared a unique relationship and, we shared everything and, watching stuff together was one of our favorite things. We passed out on the couch only; not such a good idea. Our necks were stiff in the morning; we check-out early and started our road trip once again. It was quiet for some time as mum and; I was really exhausted. After some time I asked my father to stop the car as I wanted to buy some things from the place across the road. When I was in the middle of purchasing the food, I heard a noise; it was loud and dangerous. Just like a car crash, I came running outside, the heart in my chest pounding faster than a cheetah running. I was praying to the Lord to keep my parents safe. As I came outside, I saw the cars which were crushed and people surrounding them. I was on my knees; my legs just tumbled. My heart had stopped beating and, I went deaf. I thought life was gonna end. Tear running down my face, HOLY BULLSHIT! THAT IS MY CAR. I didn't dare to go over and, all those memories of my parents just flashed in my mind; the silly dancing, singing, laughing, all running through my brain. Just then, a hand touched my shoulder; it was mum. I thought I was dreaming but; I hugged her so hard and; it felt real. She said, "what happened? are you okay?" I was unsure; my brain was blank and, I could not tell the difference between real and unreal but, I didn't let go of her. The thought of losing my family scares the hell out of me; or anyone. Family is the most important thing, person and, value someone could ever have. 

June 24, 2021 15:53

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.