Comedy of horrors

Submitted into Contest #60 in response to: Write a funny post-apocalyptic story.... view prompt

0 comments

Funny

An eerie screeching sound of the door, droplets of rain going  plop ,plop plop, swoosh the sound of air, rumbling sounds of the trees, a streak of lightning  ,rustling sound of dry leaves, a werewolf’s lone cry , far away at a distance a woman’s shrieking sound , “ Dane’s voice was interrupted by Ivan “Oh Jesus , sounds like a horror movie, What next , it’s quite a thrilling story indeed , what next” exclaimed Ivan. “Don’t be impatient I will narrate the whole scene, and it’s not a movie its real, I have experienced it “.

Dane continued,” it was around 2:00 Am, I had a night shift, as an employee of Global security services, I had to work in shifts, sometimes I would get a day shift and sometimes in the night”.

“I’m working in the firm for past a decade, but I have never experienced such things ever before”.”That day, I felt the last day of my life the eerie, nostalgic experience is unforgettable. I felt I got a new life after that day, rebirth from my mother’s womb” “Oh My God it was so scary and weird”. Ivan was biting his nails with excitement he yelled “Now, Dane you are testing my patience. Just tell me what happened next”.

“My job as a security guard is to sit at one place in my cabin at the gates and guard the gates. There are other guards who stroll around the compound to check for any intrusion during night. But that day one of the security was very sick and he was replaced by another person. But the replacement didn’t turn up on that day; hence I had to do the job of strolling around the compound along with a few other guards. Ivan interrupted again saying, “Oh, come on just tell me what happened next, this is getting on my nerves now”.

“Hey, Ivan you know very well that I work in the Defence colony as a security guard, the Defence colony is situated very close by to the forest area. Hence the place looks eerie and fearful. The huge compounds protect the vicinity from wild animals but they don’t provide protection from deadly ghosts, zombies and evil spirits. The guards along with me were way behind and I lead the team. ““As I told you, I was strolling around the compound to check any intrusion; I heard a vague cry of a woman at far distance”. I felt a cold shiver in my nerves; this was the first time I was walking alone especially in horrifying vicinity. I heard a woman’s voice, a weaning shriek, I just wanted to run away but something held me back. I had heard my grandma saying that one should never look back when a ghost is trying to distract us. But I put all my will power to look back. Oh My God, I thought I would witness a deadly vamp, clad in white loin with a horrifying face, but to my dismay I found a beautiful damsel in front of me. My scary nerves transformed into throbbing heart she was so beautiful and attractive that any man would fall for her. I was no exception.  She was wearing a white gown which was a bridal outfit. I just approached her; she was still crying her beautiful eyes were with tears. I just sat next to her, she sobbed harder. I tried to console her, “Why are you crying, what on earth are you doing here at these wee hours in such a deserted area.” She spoke, her voice was so sweet. “Sir, I’m Keith, I stay in the defence colony, my dad is an army man, I wanted to nurture my dreams in the fashion world, but my dad was against it. Hence I was forced to join the army, and today it was the height of it, I just wanted to marry someone of my choice and my dad forced me to marry an army man. Everything in my life is being forced. I hate the disciplined life of my dad, I have my own dreams hence I ran away from the scene. And today I made an end to all my pains.  All of a sudden I heard commotion inside the colony. I just turned around and I saw my troupe running towards the gate. I turned back and I had a shock of my life, that girl had vanished. My heart started palpating; I thought I saw something oozing out of her body. I just ran to the direction where there commotion without looking back. I just couldn’t believe my eyes the beautiful girl with a bridal gown who was conversing with me a few minutes ago as fallen dead with a bullet shot, blood oozing out of her back.  I started screaming, I saw her out there right now she was crying, I tried pacifying her, what happened to her. Someone patted me and said “She was shot by her father a few hours ago, now he killed himself unable to bear the pain and agony. A cold shiver went through my nerves, I just thought then what was that I was speaking to a ghost, a spirit. Ivan was also shivering, he exclaimed “Then you witnessed a real ghost, brave man”.

“Dane, wake up, drop me to the parlour, look at my skin you have scratched my face again like a monster. Why do you watch such horror movies, you watch them late night and pounce on me in your sleep. When you have a fear phobia why do watch such movies. Dane woke up brushing his eyes, said, “Oh. God, what a sound sleep I had “. “ Yah, you had sound sleep, but look at me, look what you have done to me. “ Dane looked at his wife’s face  and yelled, “ Oh My God, Jesus Christ, why am I witnessing ghosts around me” Dane’s wife frowned at him and she thumped her foot hard on the ground and refrained her steps back with a wild look on her face. Just then Susi the housemaid entered Dane with a shock, “Oh, Susi you were the one who was crying in the midst of night, where you disappeared, you were killed yesterday by your dad who was against your choice of husband, and do you know your father killed himself”. He just held her hand and said, “Don’t worry Susi I’m there for you, I will take care of you, I won’t let a beautiful soul die“Dane tried to pull her towards him. Susi got wild and refrained herself, she interrupted, “Sir, with apologies, what are you trying to do, and what are you blabbering, I’m an orphan, I don’t even know who my parents are. Let alone a husband, I’m in mood in getting married right now”. Susi also frowned and went back. “Yah, Susi, our housemaid is a beautiful soul and I look like a devil isn’t you dirty old rat, how dare you do this to me, you and your imagination has ruined my life”. “You want a beautiful young dame at this age when your grave is closer to you”. Dane’s wife threw a towel on him and said “Go and take a bath, you are stinking “. Just then the door bell rang Dane’s friend Ivan was standing at the entrance to meet his dear writer friend Dane Wilbert.

September 25, 2020 07:52

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.