0 comments

Fiction Historical Fiction Drama

It's unbelievable but it's true. 

I got transmigrated in another era of the world. 

I still remember my past life 

Where I was betrayed and being played by destiny.

My mom left me when I was young and my Father is an alcoholic man. I have a sister whom I love the most. 

My mother always tells me that I must protect her and take good care of her. 

My sister is my father's favorite child. Between me and her my sister was the only one who goes to school-while I sweat water and blood working everyday to pay her school fees and my father's needs. 

I self studied every dawn and I work from morning till night. 

My father spent his time drinking and smoking and he seldom punished me to death. 

Both Father and my sister don't like me but I kept my promise that I'll take care of them. 

Mom told me not to hold grudges on him because he is my father. 

Even though he despise me I still endured everything. 

My father died due to his lung condition and my sister graduated from highschool. I can't choose what emotions to feel my heart feels empty and numb. In the end I celebrated my sisters graduation because I finally taste the fruit of my labor. I was happy that my sister finally reach the final stepping stone for the future. I thought she'll lift me up after my hard work but I was mistaken. She left after that day. I refuse the feeling of regrets because I only followed my mother's will. After all the moments of being hungry, thirsty and tired. Nothing came for return. 

I started drawing and I received a lot of sponsors till I achieved the what we call stable life. I enjoyed singing and dancing because of the thought that I won't suffer again. I met my man and started a new life with him. He loves me dearly and I thought that he's my reward of my hardships. I thought that he is the gift that life prepares for me after what I've been through. 

I was pregnant when I found out that he cheats I forgave him because I trust him. Months passed by when I received a call from his friends that he's currently in a hospital. I rushed just to see him. My world shattered into pieces when I my sister beside him. I was shocked, I don't know what's going on. Not until the doctor tells me that my husband got an amnesia and the only person he remembers is my sister. 

All I can hear from his mouth is my sister's name countless times. 

I chased him and tried to tell him to recall every memories we have but it was hopeless. 

There's a time that he slaps me, saying that I hurt her beloved girl which is my sister. I don't know what's happening or what's my sister's been telling him but I still hold on because of our child. I was 8 months pregnant when I chase him at the airport. They both seems to enjoy their moments and I bugged in. 

I'm not really close with his friends so I can't ask for help. 

I followed them and confront my husband. 

I was so tired and restless that I couldn't even move my hands. 

I told him that I appreciate being his wife for a little while 

And I told him that this is the limit of what I can do for him. At least I tried everything to remind him that I am his wife.

He looks at me and raised his eyebrow as if I'm just a stranger to his eyes. I watched them walked away and I saw how my sister changed her innocent looks to a laughing devil. 

I went home and sit down.

I tried to calm myself for the sake of my son inside my womb. My phone vibrates-a sign for a new notification.

It was a message from unknown 

Unknown number:

How's the taste of my revenge? Just so you know I don't really like you from the very start, you're ugly and disgusting, good for you to experience hell while I'm enjoying myself everyday. Btw look at this beautiful ring from your husband, isnt it beautiful? So if I were you, I should just hang myself on the roof. And you also don't have to worry I'll take care of your husband and ruin your reputation at the same time. 

So back off now, the world doesn't need a trash like you. 

Haha have a safe trip in hell. Love your sister. 

It was painful, It feels like all my problems from the past and now started to fall on my shoulders in one go. 

I wanted to talk to her and ask her why the hell she's doing these things to me but I feel so tired. 

I felt something between my legs. It was warm and it's all over my bed and the floor. 

My tears started to fall unstoppable, and my mind is in chaos I dont want to believe it, but I can't move my body and everything is starting to turn black. 

I woke up in a different body and it's been 2 weeks after that incident. My body feels light but my heart feels heavy.

I spent my whole day crying for my lost child. I have nothing to lose now and my heart is already shattered into pieces. 

Unlike my past life my life here seems well. I'm a daughter of a well-known family and I found out that I lost my mother after raising my younger sister. 

Its so unreal, Im still confuse. 

When I woke up my head started to hurt and a lot of memories entered my brain. 

My current age is 18 and my sister is 15 same gap from my past life. 

My father doesn't care about my existence and He also doesn't care about the expenses that I throw. 

The former soul who owns this body doesn't have a profile for public social circles. And I also found out from the maids that my father and sister doesn't know about the true color of my hair. Only my mother knew about it and the few trusted maids. 

They said that the reason behind the color of my hair symbolizes the hair of the folk goddess. My mother is a huge believer of folktales that's why she chose to hid my hair color through hair paints that lasts 1 month. 

The people forgot about the tales and myths about the goddess who has a golden hair. The stories about it remain nothing but a story that's why people doesn't care about it. I asked my maids of why until now they kept hiding my hair color. They said that they were just scared of being find out that they hid a secret from my father because they might be executed because of keeping a secret from the head of the house. 

I don't care about anything right now, I just wanna rest far from everyone. 

I sold my dresses and bought items that are needed for sewing new clothes including fabrics and materials. 

My father doesn't care about me so I told my maids that it's not important to let him know that I sold my dresses. I spent my days making clothes that is comfortable and I bought light dresses and change the designs into plain. 

Since I don't have to attend social gatherings and events I didn't bought dresses that is needed for that kind of occasions. 

My goal is to get out of this mansion and live my own. 

Today is the day that I'll need to talk with father about my plans. 

I talked to his butler and I asked for audience to talk to father. 

He opened the door and let me in. 

I sat down and straightly tell him my plans 

His impression looks confused but he never asked for my reasons. He let me do whatever I want but in one condition. 

It was shocking but I said yes because I don't have a choice. 

He told me that I must take a house near capital. 

I don't know his reason but I wanna end our conversation more instant. I accepted his condition and I walked out. 

I told my maids to pack all my things. I changed my dress and wore a black cloak. I leave the mansion to look for a house. I headed inside a small boutique and bought more fabrics instead of dresses. Fortunately different colors of fabrics are available. I asked for house catalogue and I chose the not so big and not so fancy house. I went to the house location and settle the business with the owner. The fabrics were delivered and I just have to take all my things from the mansion to transfer here. 

This generation is far from modernization and the technology were also unadvance. I don't want to ruined the flow of this era by helping them create a modern technology. I just want to take a rest in this lifetime. 

I am Kera an average citizen with a tragic life became a famous good for nothing daughter of a wealthy businessman in the kingdom, I who came from the 20th century transmigrated into the unfamiliar era and possesess the body of a person with the same name of mine that holds no title of nobility from the social circle. 

And now the only thing I wanted to do is to live peacefully after cleaning the mess secretly and help those people who are in need. I may not have a beautiful ending in my past life but this time I will definitely live to the fullest. Ill show them how the fragile thing transform into a complete invulnerable. I will show them the capabilities of an extraordinary woman The journey starts now. 

February 23, 2021 14:52

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.