0 comments

Christian Funny Friendship

"Hey, are we still going tonight?" Mickey asks, impatiently on the other line.

"Yes, man! I need to wait for the folks to get home and we are ready to rock. Bring extra clothes, I don't got shit to wear!"

Mickey laughs, "Okay, asshole. I'll see you around five."

Michelle goes by Mickey, mainly. Although she doesn't mind the nickname, she does feel stuck with it at this point but does secretly prefer to be called Michelle. This point of secret maturity to her makes her feel proud. She adores her Mother and loves the name she chose for her. Michelle is anxiously awaiting a night out with her dear friend Sydney. Sydney is a few years older, not much wiser, but gorgeous, cool, and funny as fuck. She met Sydney in the high school she just completed 1 year before and happened to used to hang out with Sydney's younger sister, Samantha. Sam and Mick are still cool, but Syd is a bit more fun and can get Mickey in all the hot clubs.

The year is 1988 and going out, live music, hot DJ's and hot guys all alike, were certainly a huge thing. Especially for these young gals. Mickey pulls up to Syd's house in her Mama's 77 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. The plan for the night is to hit The Cove Nightclub in Geneva-On-The-Lake, a seedy and little, rural spot in Northeast Ohio. Tonight's show is "Emotional Rescue", a Rolling Stones cover band. The girls are anxiously awaiting for Syd's parents to get home to watch her baby girl, Anna, for the night.

Big plans for the show and a good night of partying shines bright on the horizon for these two and they are quite pumped. The folks arrive home to watch the babe and of course the girls look their best and are ready to go. They are headed to the strip in the Cutlass with zero fucks to give.

"Hey, man do we know anyone else that will be up there tonight?" asks Mickey.

"Not sure, I kind of dig the idea of some fresh faces. Same idiots all of the time..."

"Heard, bird." Mickey laughs.

She throws the car in park in the lot at the North entrance, it's a little ways down the strip, but a nice smooth exit when you are ready to haul ass out at the end of the night. The girls giggle and chat all of the way into the club and quickly grab a cocktail at the bar before the regular crowd shuffles in. They arrive an hour and a half before the band is scheduled to hit the stage. This is always the solid plan seeing as how the crowd must be scoped prior to growing to it's max. Speaking of Max, there is a DJ here by this name and he is HOT!

"Ooohhh, Max is fucking working tonightttt..." Sydney sings affectionately to the tune of Miss You- a classic hit by the Rolling Stones.

"And what a fuckin' fox." Sydney adds to her rant. Michelle nods in approval as she glances up at the DJ booth. Max is tall, dark and handsome and with every sense of the cliche description. He has piercing blue eyes and wears a cross earring on his left. He does sort of have a George Michael meets Mick Jagger type of swagger- if you will. Mickey snaps out of her almost creepy gaze fest as he notices the girls and makes his way to the bar.

"I'll be your knight in shining armor. Your emotional.... rescue..." Max sings, obnoxiously as a gesture to greet the young ladies.

He playfully wedges in between the ladies at the bar.

"MAAAXXX!" Sydney draws out.

"Hey, Max..." says Mick, sort of plainly.

"What's happening lately?" Max says with a quick exhale.

"Not a whole lot, man." Syd says as she brushes her insanely long, black beautiful hair over her left shoulder.

Michelle gazes at him just admiring his all around perfectness.

"What are we drinking tonight, girls?" asks Max as he gestures over to the barmaid.

"2 bud lights!" shouts Sydney.

"Rum, coke. Thank you." says Michelle.

The bartender hears and begins to pour.

"Alright! Good shit, ladies. Enjoy the show." Max turns and heads back towards the DJ booth.

Sydney gazes obnoxiously at her friend here.

"You really need to ask him out."

"Eh gross, who does that?" answers Mickey.

"Come on, girl! It is 1988! Ladies are paving THEE way now, Man!" yells Syd as she daintily taps her fist on the bar.

"Right on and as you know, I do not operate that way. " Michelle laughs. "But, God Willing..."

"God Willing? See what I mean? He even likes THAT shit. With his fuckin' George Michael, cross wearing ass and always babbling about Jesus Christ at the end of the fuckin' night and whatever you two dummies are always talking about." Sydney blurts out in one, giant run on sentence. She's hilarious, Mickey thinks.

"I think it's so cool, honestly." Michelle says as she is trying to stifle her laughter.

"Yeah, I know you think it's so cool." says Syd, nodding.

"Like to be gorgeous and cool as him and still have Faith- no pun intended." Mickey laughs out.

"Yeah, I guess. Kinda freaks me out but after you check out that ass I can easily forgive. I believe in God, and redemption, you guys. But, damn..." says Sydney.

Both ladies are laughing and within moments the band begins to warm up. Their "song" as they proclaim it to be, plays first. It's Miss You. The girls hold each other's hands and soulfully sing together

I've been hanging out so long

I've been sleeping all alone

Lord, I

MIIISSSS YOOOUUUU

Both ladies come alive to this song each time they hear it. Seriously, every single time and will never tire over the years.

"OOOHHHH EVERYBODY WAITS SO LONNGGG!!" both ladies sing at the top of their lungs.

The rest of the set is epic and the ladies have already allowed this be their favorite Stones cover band. They have seen a few, and naturally their night is incredible. They stick around a little longer after the set and chat with Max, the hot ass DJ, as usual. They are exiting the bar and towards the parking lot.

"Byeeee Max..." Sydney sings.

"See ya, ladies"

"Bye, Max!" squeals Mickey, slightly stoned and tipsy since the joint the three smoked on the way out to their cars.

The ladies sit in the car and giggle and Michelle swoons. As they are backing up they notice that Max's yellow trans am is smacked ass right into another less fortunate brown, something or other vehicle.

"FUCK! DAMN!" Max is shouting standing there, staring at the atrocity.

"Well ladies, I didn't see anything if you didn't." he says as he exhales.

"Come on, man. What if that was your car? Leave a note at least, don't be a hillbilly!" Sydney shouts over his car stereo, blaring in the wind. He's listening to New Sensation by INXS.

Love this song, Michelle thinks as she watches him sulk. I was ready to help him walk away. What about my faith? What would God want me to do in this situation? Certainly not what I came up with. She reflects and says a prayer in her mind and feels content now.

"Yeah, yeah you're right!" Max agrees.

"I'll get you a pen, dummy." Syd laughs.

"Shit, damnit! I almost had enough saved for my motorcycle!"

Are you fucking kidding me? Could he even get any hotter?

December 04, 2020 03:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.