0 comments

Mystery Historical Fiction Thriller


Every parent cannot bare the pain and difficulty of having to bury their own seeds, even in a million years. All what parents desire is to protect, support and nurture their own seeds as they grow up, so they do whatever it takes to keep their children alive and in a good physical condition .We all know the secrets behind the throne and being a King, the King has to choose the strongest and the most sacred traditional healers of those who are available among his people with the gift of being a seer. The King has to then choose people whom are trustworthy to be his servants, King Darkblade’s monarch was very strict and not easy to disobey.

The castle and the Kingdom always have to have their own private traditional healer/doctor to predict the future and help them conquer obstacles. When the traditional healer help the King’s palace to conquer obstacles it might mean spilling blood and hurting a few people he rules. The tradition healer would arrive anywhere the King was to deliver a message to him, the day came where the traditional healer stood in front of the King and the Queen in the middle of the night (the sacred hour of the night). He was shivering, sweaty and unable to breath in a normal manner as he off load the message of the pregnancy of the Queen and the gender of the seed she was carrying. As the spring came to an end the Queen was eight months pregnant, passed the spring then came harvest time where a noisy thunder struck across the room of the King and the Queen, the Queen held her sizeable belly with the son of their nation that people were anxiously waiting for his birth, her water broke so the elders came running to take the Queen to their secret birth hut.

The Queen did all she can to toughen up and deliver our future King, the Kingdom of a Great King called Darkblade was blessed with the future King to take over after his father anyway that is called “legacy left for an heir”. The new born prince was named after the King’s father so his given name is SHADOW Darkblade. People cheered up and celebrated the birth of their future King. The King threw a very enormous party for his precious son, on that day servants were going up and down to serve the guests of the King and the village people who will always bow down to their King for due respect.

Six days before the prince’s birthday the lightning struck across his room as the traditional healer stood behind his bed and the King ran into the room so he found the traditional healer and he delivered the message as “the son of the our land is going to get sick in a way that we should find a liver of his admired mate to cure his disease”. The King asked for further elaboration of the twisted message: it was said that the prince must eat the liver of a tiger to survive and serve the throne. The prince was fast asleep when the healer was talking about him so he did not even hear a thing. Whenever the prince walks down the street his people bow down and even desire to undress to lay their clothes down so he may walk or play on them. Time passed by and the birthday of the prince got closer and closer so he was watching the clock like a hawk.

His birthday was always on the 25th of December every year so today is the 22nd of December 1982 but the village people, the servants and the royal ones are already rolling with the birthday celebration preparations as if the birthday is in a few hours. The servants and the cleaners made sure that the palace is clean, vegetables and fruits are ready and they are sufficient for all who will be attending the birthday party of the prince. The women who were said to be the best cook were hired to oversee the food that will be served during the ceremony. The King’s monarchy and rules were mandated in the context of celebrating each and every special occasion in the best way they can. Come closer my people I want to tell you more of the prince’s birthday (the narrator’s words). Then it was the 25th of December 1982 midnight, the village people were holding wood lights when the thunder hit the prince and put off the wood lights, everybody fell down when the prince disappeared after the thunder attack. The King gathered all the village people in his palace to officially call off the birthday celebration and he ran off to the hut of the secret traditional healer for direction.

The traditional healer threw his seer bones down to find out where did the prince disappear to, what the healer told the King was that the thunder took the prince to a sacred and forbidden cave up the mountain of their ancestors. The King asked the healer to connect him with the throne ancestors so he did and the ancestors told him about the one and only trustworthy servant whom her name is Rebecca Miller.

Rebecca Miller was the most trusted in the whole palace, the Queen and the King were so fond of everything she touches. By the time she was pregnant she shared food with the Queen and she was almost the Queen’s best friend, the Queen did not mind off loading to her which was sometimes a bad idea because of the written principles and ways a Queen should live and behave herself. Rebecca had a son who is at the same age as the prince so practically her son was eight years older named Ash, Ash was the “mate” the healer spoke about.

For the King and the traditional healer to release the prince at the sacred place they needed a breathing sacrifice which may be a human being or an animal under their surname. The animal under their surname is tiger and the breathing sacrifice is the son of their precious servant, Ash. The King, Queen and the traditional healer summoned Rebecca to the sacred hut of the traditional healer, when Rebecca got to the hut she was given very priceless gifts to choose from such as a large sum of money with bricks of gold and the King’s brother as a husband but the reason she received these gifts it is because they wanted to sacrifice her son to release the prince out of the sacred cave of the ancestors. She knew that if she accept the marriage proposal she will be rich and live the life she ever dreamt of but lose her son as a sacrifice to save the prince.

Rebecca stood quiet and at least at the end she agreed to be married to the King’s brother. A big wedding was hosted in the King’s brother’s palace so she sacrificed the life of his son for a man, a wealthy life and the prince. While her son was being prepared to be slaughtered as a sacrifice, the newly married couple went for a five day honeymoon. Still on their honeymoon the King summoned the traditional healer to proceed with the ritual before they come back from their honeymoon, they went with the boy into the cave as the lighting struck in front of them to put warthog of the cave behind them when they starred it turned into the King’s father and he took that boy named Ash and told them that the prince with come back after midnight of the second day of the ritual. They went back home and waited with ancestral praises, the first midnight passed and the second midnight the prince came back and he was found peacefully sleeping as if nothing had happened. After the five days of their honeymoon Rebecca came to visit the palace where she used to work for, the prince saw his aunt Rebecca standing at the door he went to her running like a headless chicken to plead to see his mate , Rebecca’s son. By that time Rebecca’s stomach was cramping and making a sound of fear and amazement. She smiled and tears ran on her face so she said “he passed on during the days of your sickness”, the prince ran off to his room and cried until there were no tears to back up his pain. That night the prince never slept a wink because there was an unstoppable wind in his room, a moment later he saw Ash standing beside his bed the prince’s eyes and face turned pale as Ash was leading him to his grave, when the prince got there and dug the lower part of Ash’s grave .The prince went mad so the King and the Queen kept him away from the people, just so to cover their cruel deeds.


















September 26, 2020 07:13

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.