19 comments

Creative Nonfiction

Howard Bill, popularly known as Dr HB, was a man of high vision. He founded an institution especially for Severely disturbed emotional children.It was a private institution. Miss Nancy was a Resident physician. Fred was a special attendant. Boys were ranging from age 9 to 12..Mostly hailed from broken homes . whole day , boys  busy making different things . Danny and Tony always busy drawing dInosaurs..Kim considered himself a builder .When his buildings reached to the completion of the rooms, he used to break the whole structure with conclusive screaming and jumping . Fred always  took him to another room not to hurt any body especially himself. Jimmy loved music of any type.He tried to play the piano as his fingers touched the key board ,,it produced a large bang sound ..peter was an over indulge child ,he loved to write on a black board ,mostly he drew lines and dots.Larry was a always hid himself behind a chair and if some body remove the chair he ran to the empty room and hid himself there. George, an autistic child ,came from an opulent family.He had a special Window,he always watched outside with out uttering a single word from his mouth.He seldom smile.Miss Nancy tried much to make him smile but in vain. ”He was only two years old,when he saw a very terrifying accident,from that day, he became quite” told George's mother to Miss Nancy. Miss Nancy had a white cat in a small room near the Playroom., George was not present in the Playroom ,she searched him, at last she found him in the cat’s room, tapping her saying Kattie,Kitties..Miss Nancy just stand at the back of him, after a while he turned him self and gave her a smile. ”Sir a very special day for me” .Said Miss Nancy. “What is the speciality today” asked Dr HB.”Sir ,one word and one smile after four months”, replied Miss Nancy. “one word and one Smile,after four months,I think the ants are faster than us”. Answered Dr HB.”Sir, thousand miles start from a single step".said Miss Nancy,very smilingly.Boys were commuting to the zoo. On the way Miss Nancy was showing tall buildings to the them .Nobody ,except Kim  watching the buildings very interestingly. ”Why are they tall".? He asked Miss Nancy. ”Because no body breaks them “"Answered Miss Nancy. He looked towards Miss Nancy and sat quietly. The boys were looking very happy seeing different animals .”Nancy” said Jimmy ,the lion is very angry but the birds are looking very happy, why? ”Nancy was not expecting  such an intelligent question from Jimmy. ” reason is lion didn’t talk to any one and live alone, the birds live together, that’s why they are happy”. Answered Miss Nancy. In the morning Miss Nancy stood behind Kim,,he made a structure but he took it and kept it in a safer place.” Did you notice some thing? ”.Asked Miss Nancy to Fred. ”Yes for the first time he didn’t break the structure” .He answered. Nancy commenced teaching piano to Jimmy.

:She took his finger and pressed him little on the .key board.and a musical sound was produced ..Jimmy clapped and  begin playing the piano.

 He became comfortable with the piano after a week’s practice.He continued playing it very confidently. Dr HB was standing outside the Playroom and just listening to the piano.He looked inside the Playroom ,all the boys keenly listening to his music.Miss Nancy also stood with Dr H B and he gave her a lovely smile.

 Miss Nancy begin conducting morning pray .All the boys were coming to the Playroom very tidy and we’ll dressed . Their attitude was becoming soft for each other..They all helping each other in their work but Miss Nancy was still observing that Some time boys became uneasy to each other especially Kim and Larry they became hostile by loosing their patience. Undoubtedly environment was changing but due to their chronic habits,it was not possible to line them soon. ..They combinedly made a scenery and colored it.They all were thrilled. They sat for lunch together,But George was still not mixing up with his classmates . She knew that George love animals.She gifted a parrot to George .He happily taken it. .All the boys started clapping and George gave smile to everyone That Parrott daily utter a word which was taught by Miss Nancy “Hallo my boy, ”give me water” like this and George practiced those words after the parrot and in few days he learnt so many words

One morning gardener was watering plants. George said to him “ watering plants”. And gave an empty bowl to him and said “Katie water” .Boys also showing their interest in out door games. They seem excited when they appeared in the kits.They all were looking very handsome .They very actively participated in the out door games. By playing different games ,they became very responsible and active.. The rudeness, shyness ,which was the part of fear,were reducing and they started tolerating each other. They now becoming styling conscious .They wearing stylish clothes. On Sunday they went for picnic to the near lake .Miss Nancy and Fred were silently watching them.They were all busy playing with their games. Nancy noticed that instead of drawing  dInosaur,they were drawing Miss Nancy. After a little while Miss Nancy felt that all the boys along with Fred were missing,she became concerned .,she saw all of them coming with Fred, holding a cake..”You won’t know Miss Nancy to day is your birthday,Fred told us" said George.Miss Nancy cut the cake and they all celebrate her birthday with dancing on the sound of an empty drum ,playing by Jimmy. They also gave her small gifts .In the meantime a beggar came and watching their activities.Larry ,once a scary boy stood up and gave him a sandwich. Now he became comfortable facing another person. In the meantime a boy jumped in the lake and drowning ,Fred was about to jump ,George at once jumped in the water and saved him. “You know George today you saved a human life".said Miss Nancy.” I saved a human life” George said it supercilious." But you have saved my entire family,I was distressed and thinking that my whole struggle of life being ruined.My business wings now growing rapidly but I was collapsing internally.I was fully prepared for the disastrous coming to me in shape of George.Now I'm thankful that George would take my slot and would lead a wonderful creative life." Expressed Mr William,George's Father,standing watching All their activities and his mother came forward and hugged Miss Nancy.

The End.


September 03, 2020 09:27

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

19 comments

Zardad Babar
07:07 Sep 21, 2020

💯💯✔️

Reply

Show 0 replies
Johar Iqbal
17:35 Sep 14, 2020

Very nice

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
17:45 Sep 07, 2020

Shejee,I read your articles ,I like it,your suggestions are pondered one.Thank you.stay blessed.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
17:35 Sep 07, 2020

Im also a urdu story writer, refrain he said she said it creates monotony.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
17:33 Sep 07, 2020

Tariq, if you don't mind I m drawing your attention towards portraiture ie scenes making. Ponder it.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
17:18 Sep 07, 2020

Competition winning is great but approvals of the story is also encouraging.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
17:17 Sep 07, 2020

I'm not a professional writer but through Reedsy blog I learnt and still learning a lot.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
17:15 Sep 07, 2020

Actually I saw there is a big talent writing English stories but they feel shy.I openly invite everyone to come and join us.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
17:10 Sep 07, 2020

It's very encouraging that now English Readership is growing vastly and fastly.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Zahida Babar
15:15 Sep 07, 2020

This is a good attempt.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Sheejee Babar
08:18 Sep 07, 2020

Excellent story i like it

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
05:28 Sep 05, 2020

I would try to write longer.Edutainment means Education through playing.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
05:26 Sep 05, 2020

NB,Thanks for taking interest in my stories.Actually I'm writing to increase English Readership in our region through Reedsy platform.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
19:37 Sep 04, 2020

,Edutainment" what does it mean.?

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
19:35 Sep 04, 2020

You know Tariq,English stories we love to read but we didnt have good clean stories.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
19:33 Sep 04, 2020

Now i checked your gramamar,its improving.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Naheed Babar
19:31 Sep 04, 2020

Tariq,your writing is good but make it long.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Tariq Saeed
18:39 Sep 04, 2020

Thank you,Ali Hassan.what did you like in the story,share your thoughts.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ali Hassan
18:35 Sep 04, 2020

Very good

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.