Tis the reason I lived in the dead church arm of reality

Submitted into Contest #93 in response to: Write your story about two characters tidying up after a party.... view prompt

0 comments

Adventure Christian Contemporary

People laugh when I say I know Paul’s statement of the gentile arm being pruned from the tree of life. Meaning? I am a time traveler; I passed through the reality where Sagittarius was part of the dead church in Revelation. And? Well, Paul says if you do not change your ways God will prune the wild olive branch of church off the tree of life.

In my reality, I did not attend church because of the lack of help given to people after parties at church. Why? Because clean up after the party was usually me and one other lost soul. If that. We would be stuck picking up all the chairs. Cleaning up after all the people that have no idea that a garbage can right next to them would have been nice to put their garbage.

At the time? I had enough of church. To be honest. So had a lot of people. And? I did not know I was a time traveler at that time and would still be the person who cleaned up after the people whose ability to crush chocolate cake into chairs and floors made me wonder if they were doing on purpose. And if so? What type of Christians were they?

That they are all dead along with you makes me wonder still more I suppose.

So, my latest attempt to clean up after people? I suppose it was a family party recently. Did I do a good job? Forgive me I am partially blind today along with a one footed gimp. Meaning? I know I picked up plates put them in the sink. However, I no longer wash them. I place the left overs where they belong and instead of offering to do more? I leave. Seems like that is what I do. As for tidying up? Let’s be honest. The reason I do not clean the plates? I think the plates look clean and get yelled at because there is food on it. And picking up furniture or chairs? I try. I think I try hard but am a gimp. And my memories? Let’s be honest. I think I am a time traveler these days so I end up asking questions of the person stuck with me. Why? Each reality similar experience but the stories of the souls stuck or captured or trapped in this reality changes. I think the most difficult part is to realize that some people are trapped in a hell of their own making and that I passing through can not help them move on. Examples of some of my stories that I tell the person working with me.

Walking tree https://www.minds.com/Talon123/blog/to-watch-the-walking-tree-and-the-moving-mountain-is-wild-th-1020330370164928512?fbclid=IwAR2Nw6Tys5dREpP5nPmhM6wABd-xb8KsRDlMzRujEmIgc5OJ5EYUb_26GwE Journal https://theprose.com/post/92852/journal-of-a-wondering-mind-through-the-multiverse?fbclid=IwAR2BRODwm-tUUaTFRVTcjp9a92iv6LEAoJGfLYYkD8oOESAgu3Ab19RLvHk a story https://www.minds.com/Talon123/blog/to-travel-broadens-one-mind-to-be-kidnapped-from-ones-own-ro-1098900263808552960?fbclid=IwAR2bUgsHHqXxyirZDEA_0IBYE2mrJefT9bF1_Oa487s7QWqwbUyb66HB9vA a story https://theprose.com/post/215517/chances-change-time-movies-and-life a story https://theprose.com/post/211089/the-traveling-mind-part-2

You think those stories are weird. Think of a person who has been stuck with me. Listening to me say. Hey you left out something in your story and scaring a person knowing more of their story than they do.

People say what has this to do with the title of this story?


In my travels, I traveled through a reality where Hawaii was nuked in December 2017. And? Well, nuclear war is how those trapped in this hell keep those souls here to torture for eternity I guess. Try telling that to a partying guest who is there just to clean up as fast as possible with the poet weirdo who helps clean up after the party is over.

I suppose I could tell you one party story of tidying up with a woman I knew for. Well, almost all my life I suppose. I could not understand her love of a certain people. And? In one reality, secrets are not as hard to come by. But after eating out with people. She and I were cleaning up when she told me a story that she always told me. The one story was something like a torment for me. Why? She talks I listen and still to this day has to say she is nuts to be part of her story.

She would say she loved helping people and went on into her life story. Me being a time traveler; I knew every part of her story and then it happened.

She changed a bit of it. I had to stop her and had her repeat that part of her story. And? Evidently she was in love with one of these people and that is why I was placed in hell for what I estimate to be like billions of years. I had to sit down and think. To hear the same story over and over for something like 47 years plus and then one day out of the blue being a time traveler she adds that she is in love with someone and that someone made my life hell made me have to re-look at all the hate I had in my life.

Why? Let’s be honest, I was stuck in hell for decades. And personally, I can hack that. But to find out why. And the answer to be love? Made the whole story of tidying up after piggy people at church meetings even worse for me. Meaning? I have my reason’s for hating people beyond that of regular folks and some of the worse people call themselves Christians.

Let’s be honest, I do not like those people I left behind in whatever hellish reality I left and? I am still tidying up after people but now realize that love is not something I want to be stuck in this past reality hell anymore. And? I have given up the idea of changing people’s behavior. Why? Because if I am truly a time traveler there is nothing I can do to save you and your messy ability to crush cake into floors and chairs to force others to clean up your mess is nothing I can help with these days. Because you are all dead to me. So go tidy up after yourself because you are in my ghost story now.

May 08, 2021 21:34

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.