0 comments

Fiction Romance Drama

Kyle and Cindy sit on the lakeside cabin’s dock, watching the sunrise over the mountain peaks reflecting off the water’s mirror surface. Snuggled together in their warm, plaid wool blanket. Each with the hot coffee that they refresh from the thermos they brought with them. They listen to the eagles’ distant sounds in the morning and watch the gentle mist come off the lake as the sun hits the water. The silence is broken by the occasional fish leaping for its invisible food floating topside.

“This is nice,” Cindy whispers to avoid making too much noise. She tries to cuddle up closer, but there is not more space between her and Kyle.

Kyle sips his coffee as he wraps his arm around Cindy’s body, trying to warm her up with his body heat. “This is the best anniversary ever,” he says quietly in her ear. He kisses the top of her head as he tries to pull her closer.

As time moves on, the sun rises over the peaks, exposing its full majesty of warmth on the lake. Fishing boats start to show one by one, with their captains tossing their lines in hopes of a decent catch for the day.

“Looks like it’s going to be another hot day,” Kyle says. “Let’s head back to the cabin and see what kind of relaxation event we can do today.”

Cindy folds the blanket up while Kyle gathers the coffee thermos. “I know what I’d like to do?’ Cindy says. “I’m going to go inside and take a nice long hot shower.”

Kyle smiled. “That sounds like a great idea. You know we have to conserve water from the well, so I better join you.”

Cindy smiles and heads towards the cabin. “I’ll meet you there.” Kyle remained behind for a moment to straighten out the dock and gather their belongings.

Knowing they are in a secluded area of the forest and being a bit of an exhibitionist, Cindy thought it would be fun to take off her clothes on the way in to entice Kyle. First, she unbuttoned her shirt and dropped it on the path. A few feet further, she left her pants behind. When she arrived at the cabin’s porch, she removed everything she had left and placed it in a pile so Kyle would see it.

As Kyle walked the path back to the cabin, he noticed Cindy’s clothes lying on the ground. He knew what she was doing, and it was working. He gathers each article left behind as he made his way to the cabin. When he arrived at the porch and saw the big pile of clothes, including Cindy’s underwear, he knew he was in for a treat.

He walked in and could hear the shower flowing in the master bedroom. He started to unbutton his shirt as he turned the corner to enter the bedroom area. He placed all of Cindy’s clothes on the bed as he finished getting undressed. He turned the corner leading into the bathroom and caught a glimpse of Cindy’s bare rear-end getting into the shower. The steam from the hot water hitting her cold body intensified as he got closer. As Kyle entered the shower, he briefly thought about how great it was to have a large walk-in shower. It made moments like this easier to navigate.

He let the hot water adjust to his cold skin. He closed his eyes as it sprayed on his back. He lifted his head and breathed a sigh of instant relaxation. His eyes still closed, he felt two hands on his chest. They slowly caress him as they survey his muscles. He stood still as he felt the soft lips kiss his hot, wet body. He let Cindy do as she pleased while he tried to resist the urge of taking her right then and there.

With the hot water flowing on their bodies, the two make passionate love to each other. They embrace the emotional tie they have with one another as each makes sure the other is pleasured. When they finished, Kyle grabs her and gives her a long passionate hug. For the moment, the two of them are one. The hot water still flowing over their bodies.

After washing each other, the two emerge from the shower to dry themselves off. Cindy hands Kyle a towel while she grabs one for herself. “Thanks for the shower?” she says.

He smiles at her and kisses her on the lips once again.

“Oh my god, look at the time,” Kyle says. “I have to go.”

“Where are you going?” Cindy is confused. “I thought we were going to be together all afternoon?”

Kyle smiles. “Let’s just say, you’re not the only anniversary I have today. Besides, your husband will be here soon.”

The two of them get dressed. “When will I see you again?” Cindy asks.

Kyle pulls his phone out of his pocket and opens the calendar. “I’m available on the 12th. Does that work?”

“I’ll see you then.” Cindy writes the date on her calendar. She plans to return to the cabin on the 12th for another weekend retreat.

Kyle kisses her good-bye and leaves.

Cindy goes to the kitchen and pours herself a morning cocktail, knowing her husband will be there in the afternoon. She retreats to the living room where she turns on the gas fireplace. She turns on the stereo and finishes her drink with the music playing. She slowly falls asleep, exhausted from her shower with Kyle.

“Cindy… Cindy?” a voice says. “I’m here.”

She opens her eyes and sees her husband, Stan, kneeling in front of her. He has a bouquet of red roses in one hand and a small gift in the other. “Happy Anniversary,” he says. He leans down and kisses her forehead.

A smile emerges from Cindy when she saw the flowers. “Happy Anniversary,” she said. “These are beautiful.” She sits up gives her husband a long kiss on his lips.

The two of them spend the afternoon together, telling stories and reminiscing about their time together. Cindy starts to make dinner and plan for their special occasion celebration. Stan’s phone rings. Cindy knew before he even answered the phone who it was. A soft sigh was pushed through her lips.

“Dr. Warren here,” he answered. “Okay. I’ll be there in an hour.” He hangs up his phone and walks over next to Cindy. “I’m sorry, honey.”

“Don’t be sorry,” she said. “You’re needed. That’s your job. We had the afternoon together. That’s more than we usually get.”

Stan grabs his coat and turns to walk out of the front door. He drives away, heading to another emergency surgery.

Cindy turns to look out the kitchen window and watches the headlights of her husband’s car drive away. She shuts the burner off the dinner is cooking on and pours herself a stiff drink. She grabs her sweater and heads to the back porch overlooking the lake.

“It’s a full moon tonight,” she says to herself. She sits down on the patio chair and breaths in the cool evening air. The gentle sound of the crickets in the background breaks the silence. No wind. No clouds. Her thoughts go back to earlier when Kyle was there. The romance that her husband never had time to give her was replaced by her on-call lover. She took a sip of her drink and looked out over the lake—the moonlight reflecting off the calm water, and she fell asleep in her happy thoughts.

November 13, 2020 21:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.