Love and treasing

Written in response to: Write a story about someone who doesn’t know how to let go.... view prompt

0 comments

Creative Nonfiction Fantasy Friendship

This story contains themes or mentions of mental health issues.

Oh! here we go again, the same place,same music but different people Heather said to herself before disappearing into the human traffic and placing her headphone on, she turned the volume high as she nodded her head to Taylor's song.

Surprise! It's her favorite Dj Red yours truly playing her favorite hits.

The sun was extremely hot outside and everyone were half naked enjoying the bronze party.

It has been 8 years and three months since Nikol and Heather broke up and a lot has happened in their lives apart.

Jackane and Polopper are both besties to the ex couple.

On the hand Heather has few friends Melverta, Askia ,Pardison and Jauvana they have all been friends since childhood.

On the outskirts of Lotterbean Town every family knew each other by name or at least by appearance.

The most talked about family were the Ousters,the most privileged family of all time who happens to be the family of Jackane Ouster.

Heather family were middle class not rich nor poor, they earned their living and assets through hard work.

Little Heather had some bumpy ride growing up, she never knew who her biological parents were and her dream was to meet them some day.

Lotterbean is a every man matters town you cannot go unnoticed.

Mrs Harrison was the security camera. That old widow spent her entire existence spying on every citizen of Lotterbean Town. She knew everything that went on in every household it is still a mystery how she pulls that off without trying.

The Day Of Graduation

All the besties decided to wear white outfits for the graduation ceremony,the students of Slymoth College 1942 were proudly taking home their diplomas and great knowledge acquired by this prestigious college.

Parents gathered to celebrate alongside their relatives and friends.

Someone was missing, Jauvana asked" where's Heather? Everyone responded" we haven't seen her yet.

Jackane rushed to the registrar office to get answers and he found out that Heather had pending tuition fees to settle and this was the reason of her absence.

Mr Clarke is there anyway she can graduate today if she pays?

of course young man but she will have to hurry up,60 minutes from now, I wont be able to help her and it's such a shame to see a brilliant student left behind said Mr. Clarke.

Jackane turned around, grabbed his Chin and started to think of a plan, the nervous look on his pale face made him look like he just saw a ghost 👻 he scratched his head as he checked his bank balance on his Nokia phone.

Ok Mr. Clarke, here's the deal, I am going to pay her tuition now but I need you to call her and let her know that she can graduate is that fair enough?

Mr Clarke: sure enough young man I will do that right now.

Jackane: Thank you sir!

Hey guys! Heather will be here soon and you are all welcome!

The besties thought Jackane was high as always and no one paid him any attention at all.

The ceremony began and right before the Director could take the mic, everyone was stopped by an expensive fragrance and a pretty lady wearing a emerald coat on top of a white dress.

As she slowly walked through the crowd, guys fought to catch their breath while envious girls rolled their eyes.

Everyone: Why are you late?

Heather: long story guys but I can make short, tuition issues don't ask me anymore questions and thank you.

Ok princess we are good said polopper shouted with a hypocritical smile.

Graduation Party

Everyone's having a good time except for Heather who's holding her phone staring at Nikol's photo.

Jauvana: Hey girl, it's not okay I know but today is a very special day, we don't get to graduate every year come on!

Heather: You are right I got to let him go and besides, I dnt want his friends telling him that I am all messed up since he left so that's alright getting my self together now. They hugged and joined the others.

Wasted Heather, got on the table and started to dance to T- Braxton's sad love song. She was a shattered glass stuck together by glue waiting for one fall to scattered about the floor.

Every body knows Nikol and Heather love story it all started at a party when she won the best dance and got a lollipop as a present.

She was only 7 years old when she met Nikol he was running from his sister and bumped into her, they laughed instead of crying.

They were friends until they became 16 and started dating.

First Love,first kiss,First Date:

Nikol had been waiting his entire childhood to tell Heather how much he loves her but it was never the right time.

So he planned a picnic date by the fishing river and invited Heather.

Everything was perfect, she looked so innocent and beautiful. After eating and fishing, Nikol asked Heather to be his girlfriend and she said yes! They always loved each other. They had their first kiss and went home.

Romantic Nikol wrote love letters every day for Heather as she drew mandalas for him.

Young and in love, the couple would do anything for each other but something happened abruptly, after 5 years of lovey dovey, Nikol's father was hired to work in Holland with his entire family.

The shocking news broke Nikol apart, he ran off to tell his lady love. Heather was broken inside but wanted the best for her young knight so she told him that it was okay to go she wants him to be happy and they shall meet again soon.

The first year went by smoothly with lots of video calls and text messages, The second year the calls and texts became lesser and lesser until the relationship started to fade away.

Heather was a very beautiful girl with talented skills, she always turned heads when walking in heels.

Many guys tried to pursue a relationship with the young lady but all she wanted was Nikol no body else.

No communication Period:

Out of frustration she sent him texts every hour with no response. her live vanished in thin air.

After a week the young knight wrote just one line Hi how are ?

Heather was always happy to hear from Nik even if it was just one word but was he happy to hear from her?

He blamed her for not asking him to stay because she didn't live him enough and a whole bunch of Blaaa...

A paid detective found out that miss Heather knight was involved romantically with another lovebird.

Heather could not even accept the fact that this is happening and try to see reason in his actions regarding the cheat and betrayal.

She takes it upon herself and said that it's her fault for not asking him to stay.

For years she lived with the pain and regrets ,her friends said to let it go,her psychiatrist told her to heal herself and live.

No other men were good enough for her she always saw him in others till she ruined a lot of dates for always mentioning his name and making the whole date her breakup story pity party.

At some point this needs to stop but I don't know how to put an end to what I feel for him.

I wish I could go back and unfriend him from my childhood erase all our memories and feel nothing.

Shattered heart almost got her to the grave.

Het has been doing well in the last 2 years she decided to let Nikol go because no matter how strong she felt connected to him, he didn't want to reach out.

She met Jacoupe a French junkie who introduced her into smoking his mom was a hooker and got pregnant on her first night as a S-worker giving birth to him, the day he met his biological father was a day he died from a blind shot. Jacoupe has been lost all his life with no attention from mom which made him a junkie.

Heather pretended to love him because he helped her erase her pain temporarily with the Ganchola.

Heather didnt know what intimacy was when sober so she had to always be drunk and high to give into her partner. Her body rejected everyone except for her Ex that she craved every second even while in the arms of another .

Love is a bottomless pit if you fall into the wrong one all alone, it takes miracle to get you out"

Heather could never keep another partner she always compared them to her ex and finds a flaw to get rid of them.

Every time you strike a conversation with Heather, she talks about Nikol, he was everywhere in her mind, her thoughts,and dreams .

she had a AW ( artificial World) built in her mind space where she could talk to him and hold him every night when she closes her eyes.

She talked to him without seeing him at all and still listens to the songs the sang and danced too.

Heather bought her wedding gown, shoes, and apparel for her wedding to Nikol without seeing him for years or even talking to him.

Heather was tortured by this love but still hung on to the feelings and faith that they will one day be back together.

some nights get lonely and cold but mr dildor .keeps her company.

Nikol's Life in Holland.

The young knight was growing into a very handsome gentleman that every girl he dated wanted to marry and settle with him.

He enjoyed the attention he got from the Ducthies and the many options he has in love so why bother clinging on to a childhood live he said".

There are many fishes in the ocean he always quoted".

He went on breaking hearts with his attractive looks.

Every week a new chick until he lost himself completely.

He always pushed aside the thoughts of his old flame but was surprised at no matter how many women he sleeps with he still did not het satisfaction compare to his lady love but is it too late to go back now? Will she accept me back after walking away like a coward? I want to go back home but I don't know how he sobbed.

He broke up with his new girlfriend because she didn't know how to cook or do anything else outside the bedroom.

He took out his phone, unblocked his ex and sent her a friend request. Nikol started to think about the good times and how great of a cook and nurturer she is.

The memories whipped his mind and he knew that he was dealing with fire so he carefully watched her social media and pictures without saying a word..

Heather blocked Nikol to punish him as he did the same to her for years.

Nikol was amazed at Heather's action and fell into depression.

This time around she is different and she wouldn't take me back, I messed up if only she knew how much I love her but she's right, I walked away like a coward now I get feel what she felt too.

Nikol gets sick and sick job replaced him and all the girls ran away the only thing that kept him alive, the thoughts of Heather and the telepathic connection they shared.

Something happened this time around the tables are been reversed.

Therapy and Recovery:

Jackane told Heather his secret that it was because of him she graduated and should be greatful instead of refusing his live offer.

Heather felt insulted and was very furious she stomped out and when to the school to discover that indeed Jackane paid her tuition and he was not lying.

Look I am sorry for the way I reacted and I would like to thank you for what xou did for me. I can pay xou back okay.

No heather all I want is your love!

But Nikol is your friend!

Yes our friend who abandoned you! I would never do that!

I am sorry Jackane I cannot go out with you I wish you didn't know him.

Jackane stomps out the door called Polopper to meet up for a beer his friend convinced him to let her go because he will never ve happy with her as long as she loves Nikol.

Heather friends encouraged her to go out with someone to forget her ex so she decided to date Daven who has similar features and looks like her ex. She did this to at least pretend that shes with him.

Daven found out that she wasn't really into him so he dumped her.

Heather was furious and started to play games dangerous love games making guys fall in love with her and dump them with that going on she still hasn't forgotten her ex but plays and pretend to be the ice queen who has no romantic feelings for anyone but deep inside her soul lies the soul of Nikol.

Heather hopped from partner to partner until she got fed up and said okay I will stop now, I still love him but I wont show it and she managed to live like that being in a relationship with someone else but loves another person who you will never see again is how Heather rolls now a days.

Heather 40 years old and still says that her young knight will return some day because their love for each other has no death they will always find each other in every lifetime.

What happened to Heather and Nikol love ? Did she managed to get over him or did they reunite? To be continued in Part II

February 10, 2023 19:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.