0 comments

Fantasy

It was just another day of my boring life. It could have been special if someone wanted to make it.

How could my 18th birthday end like this? I am about to begin a new chapter of adulthood in my life.

I am a total homesick right now, I wanted to be with my parents. I wanted to play with Abby(younger sister.) I wanted him to be there with me. I wanted Austin.

It's not possible. These miles between us is just like the long lost road one only wishes to travel.

Tears rolled down as I stared out the window. This bus ride is the longest ride I ever had.

It's just me. I am not someone special for whom they will spend their time on.

"WHY?" I screamed outloud and the passenger next to me arose and left giving me weird looks.

I wanted to apologize but I didn't feel like turning back. Saying that I am sorry for shouting out loud my misery.

I touched my bag pack and felt my laptop within. That laptop has my tiny little world within it.

The only time I can feel calm and myself is when I am lost in my writing.

Those writing in which I play the role. I play myself the way I want. I lead the life I want to be led. I am that girl I always wished to be, having both my parents love and Austin.

********

After unlocking the password, clicking the shortcut key, I stared at my blank page. Completely blank.


HOW? WHAT?


I was nearly in tears seeing my works, my world being completely blank, but I kept faith that I might have saved it maybe in another folder or file or anywhere.

"I remembered that I had saved it. It must be right here." I kept repeating those words as I searched endlessly.

My first tear rolled down as I shut my laptop and closed my eyes.

How can I make such a mistake? How could all my work dissapear just like that? They weren't just my work- that was my world.

I started feeling miserable again. I wasn't able to think anything. I was feeling numb with each passing seconds.

A notification rang up and I didn't even bother to check it. I just wanted be left alone.

Another notification and then another and another.

"That person definitely has a death wish." I mumbled as I unlocked my laptop again and checked.

The notification didn't stop till I opened up my graphics and comic app.

"Woah. It's completely different." I stared at the screen for I guess more than a half minute till I was snapped back to reality when faint figure appeared on the screen.

I wiped of my unshread tears and stared again. HOW COULD IT BE. IT WAS MY CHARACTER. IT WAS ME.

I touched the screen to feel it when the she- that's me spoke some words.

"Don't do that, you know that we are ticklish." Those words appeared in the bubble cloud as she spoke.

"WHAT? " my words were too loud, even for my own ears.

"Don't scream. Let me explain." Again in the tiny little bubble.

"We are sorry for just jumping out from your Microsoft Word to this Cartoon and graphics app."

There was long pause before she muttered "One sec."

And the she disappeared.

I am definitely dreaming. This is one of the most sickest dream of all time. This is n-

"Ow. Ow. Baby. I am sorry. Ow." Siya- that is me came out of nowhere with Austin, pulling his ears.

A giggle escaped as I stared at both of them arguing.

"Um. Hello. I know this is a another sick dream of mine, but I wanna enjoy this one."

I interrupted them and they turned towards me.

"We are sorry." Siya bowed down and stared at Austin. She forcefully made him bow too.

"Also, it's not your dream. So- where do I begin."

"From the start." Austin commented and in result earned a smack.

"I will start from day one. The day I was born ie. the day you described me. My hair, my eyes, my nature- everything with so much perfection, that I felt blessed. I feel so much alive with each day living as this character of your story.

She took a pause, as she stared at him with a delightful smile.

"I also wanted to thank you, for creating me so cool- you know." He spoke and passed a wink.

I don't know why, I just blushed like my character. After all- she's just a reflection of me, just more better and perfect than me.

"That's it?" Siya asked and turned towards me.

"Also, thanks for all the 'fun' you made us do together." He mocked.

My checks were red by now and so was Siya's.

"SHUT. UP." We both shouted together and laughed.

I stopped for a second and stared at the time. 10:55 it read.

Means by 12- like Cinderella my dream will end to. Unlike her- she got her prince charming, but I won't get any more beautiful dreams like this.

"Don't cry. Please." I heard a tiny voice beg as I again stared at my laptop.

"It's just that I am happy to have this dream, I always wanted to have 'sweet dream' just like my parents wished me before saying goodbye on the call."

I wiped my tears and they saw the confusion I had.

"We just wanted to give you a birthday present. We wanted to talk to you." They both said and passed their lovely smile.

"Thank you. This is the most lovely birthday present I ever got in my life."

"No. It's not just this." Siya stared back at Austin and they both intertwined their hands.

"We have something more for you." They both said together as the screen of the laptop got white.

This world that they are living is just the world I want to live in real life. I was getting impatient every second. Only the sound of my heart beats could be audible.

A faint voice was heard as the screen got filled with colors.

"That's my favorite song." I whispered and then Siya and Austin appeared.

I waved them but they didn't notice. The video stopped for a second and a male voice spoke.

"A small show for the love of my life."

It started from the beginning of my writing.

How I described them.

Their meeting.

Their 'fun time' (it was odd to watch that).

Their beautiful love story.

Their parents approval.

Building their house together.

Their first baby girl.

Their little moments fight of naming her.

Few years later another baby boy.

They growing up.

Becoming old and then,

THE END.

I had tears rolling down my eyes. It ended too soon. The curtains got drawn and Siya appeared blushing and in tears too.

"I wish I could hug you." I spoke and chocked on my tears.

"Me too."

"No. Don't let this happen. I can't handle both of you." Austin appeared out of nowhere. In real life too, he hates to become melodramatic.

"Join us then." We both said together and small tears rolled down his cheek too- but this is my dream world.

Happy tears are the best. I hugged my laptop while they hugged each other.

After some time of the emotional drama, Austin broke the silence and spoke," It took us hours to make this show. Say something. "

"What do I say. I have no words to describe it." I fought my tears and said.

"Say anything then. Did you not like it?"

"I loved it. It was just the life I imagined to have." I said and again my vision became blur.

"I will wash my face and come." I said and stood.

"No. There's not much time left with us. We need to go back in your actual work, but don't worry- there's a even bigger surprise then this."

"No. Don't leave. Please."

"We won't leave you, until you kill us- you know."

"No. I won't do that." I chocked on my words even more.

"We love the way you make us live our lives, we love being your friction characters. We love you." They both said together with tears in their eyes.

More tears just rolled down and I got up to grab a towel.

I just wiped my face when there was a light knock on my door.

The time read 11:55. One hour just passed by. Time really passes on faster while someone living happy moments.

"Who could be at this time?" I asked and stared at my laptop.

"Your surprise" they both said and I hurrried towards the door.

Carefully I unlocked it and grasped. It was him.

"Austin?" I mumbled.

"I AM SO SORRY." he spoke and the very next moment he got in and hugged me close.

"Austin. How can yo-"

"I am sorry. I wanted to come earlier but these stupid trains and even stupid traffics and above all me being stupid should have just taken the train that was at 3am and not at 5am." He spoke all at once and I was just relieved to see him.

"You traveled all the way here. To meet me?"

Tears made us look even more miserable but nor did me or him care.

"How could I not? HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I have been dying to give you this gift."

He spoke in his hushed voice and before I could ask about the gift his lips were pressed against mine. Hungry and passionate at the same time.

We parted to catch some breath and all I did wishper was," I don't want to wake up from this dream EVER."

"It's not a dream." He spoke and I turned toward my laptop. The screen wasn't black. They were still there. Watching us.

He felt real, this all felt real- but in reality it's not real. I didn't care about reality till I had this magical moment.

I whispered back, "Yeah, it's not a dream."

March 09, 2020 11:51

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.