9 comments

General

I'm walking down the dark ally. Swoosh! What was that? I thought to myself. An Elf!

"Stay stay back!" I Stammered.

"I'm not here to hurt you." The Elf said with a deep voice and a grin.

The Elf's eye glowed. "I need your help."

"With what?" I stammered.

"Hmm, you probably need to know my name?"

"What is it?" I said.

"Your name is Avery isn't it so brave to be in the lost continent where only dragons and elves live." Said the elf.

"I don't know all I know is that my plane and I crashed here through a raging storm," I said.

"Hmm you either stay here or I can put a spell on you so you will never speak that you found this place when you go back." He said in a deep grumble.

"I'll stay but you won't hurt me will you?" I said.

"Oh no we won't we are kind to every being that has a kind heart." He said warmly.

"Can you tell me your name now?" I said shyly.

He nodded. "My name is Stargazer."

"How did you get the name?"I asked.

"Well when I was born my parents saw me gazing into the stars so they decided I shall be Stargazer." He said.

"There is another human that's been here her name is Emily."

"Same accident she loves it here she's been here for about a year now."

"Wait that's my friend's name she's been gone a year and we thought she was dead," I said.

"Well in the elf world there are ranks." He said explaining.

"I'm the second-highest rank." He said calmly.

" Your friend Emily is a high rank now."

"So I have to work my way up?" I said.

"Yes." He replied simply.

"Emily is starting to grow elf horns."

"Wait what?" I said.

"You heard me it's possible for humans to grow horns if they live with the elves, and then the elf council decides if the human gets elf magic and horns and becomes an elf." He said explaining.

"So you mean I might get elf magic and horns if the elf council think I'm good enough?" I said.

He nodded. "Pretty much." He said.

"Can I see my friend?" I said in a hushed voice.

He nodded. "Follow me." He said.

"How old are you?"

"I'm 15," I said.

"Crazy thing I'm also 15." He said.

Is he that handsome I thought. Why am I hearing wedding songs in my head?! I thought.

I blushed saying "Oh I didn't know that."

"Oh uh guess what we are here!" He said quickly trying not to show any romance.

"Before you leave, "I said. I pressed my lips against his. And we ended up kissing for about a minute.

"Well um see you later Avery." He said blushing with a charming smile then he winked.

I nodded still blushing. Then my mind started thinking why did I kiss him?! Well he was charming thought the other side of my brain.

"Avery." Someone said.

I turned my head around, it was Emily. She now had light/dark purple eyes instead of brown. She had elf horns with pointy ears.

"Emily," I said.

"Don't call me that anymore my new name is Aryla ( Ar-La)." She said.

I nodded. " Will I be getting those and a new name once I fit into the society?" I said.

"No, you will need to go to the council first so they can decide your name." She replied then smiled.

"I can see you are in love."

"What?!" I said blushing. How did she found out?! I thought.

"I saw you. You and Stargazer. You did the magic thing!" She said teasing.

"Ohh that it was just that my lips got carried away no biggy totally not a kiss at all!" I said awkwardly.

"Hmm you sure? Stargazer is really handsome I went on a date with him once or twice. But we broke up." She said.

"Wait what?!"I said frantically.

"You heard me. I broke up with him because I was busy and have no time to hang out with him." She said.

"Don't worry I'll help you get his attention." She said.

"I don't need your help!" I said helplessly.

"Alright, alright I have to go back on duty see ya later!" She said.

I smiled back. "Hey." Said, someone.

I turned around, it was Stargazer. He was holding a rose and smiled a charming smile. "Oh hey," I said blushing.

"I was thinking do you want to go on a date?" Said, Stargazer.

"Sure!" I said look at his sky blue eyes.

Sometimes I feel like his eyes color shift from green to blue or blue to green. He is just too handsome why did Emily break up with him?

"Avery I have written a poem for you," Stargazer said.

"Ocean eyes who could be this girl that I just met.

Smiles like a Sun brightening my day.

Her blonde hair flows through the wind.

And yes she will be mine."

"Amazing poem but I don't think you can become a poet one day!" I teased.

"Or maybe I will." He said.

"No, you won't! I said.

"Alright your right, that was pretty horrible right? I only cobbled it up in just about a second." He said.

We sat in an empty field and looked at the stars in the sky.

Then Stargazer broke the silence and said "they are beautiful as you." He said and smiled.

"Oh, you!" I said then smiled too.

I pressed my lip against his lips, I can feel his warm breath breathing on me, we held each other's hand. Every single minute we kiss it felt like we are getting closer and closer.

Then he said "wow."

"Would you be my girlfriend?" he said smiling.

"Would I? YES! I replied.

Then I kissed him on the cheeks. He took me to where I could stay for the night. It seems that lodge 99 is where Aryla's house is.

"Wow your house is big," I said to Aryla.

She nodded. "Since I'm a high-rank elf I have a house like this!" She said.

"Wow," I said.

"Wait you're having that love dove face Avery. Does that mean you went a date with Stargazer? I mean he took on a date on the first day we met which is like a few days later I arrived here." She said explaining.

"Let's go to sleep," I said yawning.

In the morning I found a note from Stargazer in the front door saying meet me at the field. I walked the same way how Stargazer showed me yesterday and there he is waiting for me.

"Ah there you are I've been waiting for you."He said with a bloody knife.









May 21, 2020 17:11

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

9 comments

17:32 May 21, 2020

Great story! I didn't expect the end! Thanks for making me a character! I will definitely make you then the main character in my next story!

Reply

Emily Li
17:38 May 21, 2020

thanks, this story took lots of thinking

Reply

17:41 May 21, 2020

No problem, :)

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Donald Baxter
12:22 May 28, 2020

There's nothing like a love story with a different ending.

Reply

Emily Li
16:48 May 28, 2020

yes I agree

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
23:41 May 25, 2020

Hi!! I really truly love this story, and it would be amazing to see more of your writing! It would be awesome if you read Daryl Gravesande's stories, and then like and follow!! His favorite is the first! Then please spread the word! I would gladly do the same for you! Thanks so much for the support! Stay safe!-Avery.

Reply

00:19 May 26, 2020

https://blog.reedsy.com/creative-writing-prompts/author/daryl-gravesande/

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Rachel MacLean
23:10 May 22, 2020

This had a very unexpected ending! I like the flow of your writing and it was nice to read something different, set in another place! The only advice I might give is to build the emotion more, the main character didn’t seem very shocked or amazed about seeing an elf and I was also a bit taken aback by how quickly she began making out with star gazer. But great story looking forward to reading more!

Reply

Show 0 replies
Ari Berri
02:25 Dec 24, 2020

Awesome story! Nice ending. Also, I like your profile picture.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.