1 comment

General

I believe a lot of young men living in and out of the hood, truly believe they know what and who a “PLAYA” is. They have no concept of the mental and psychological effect it has concerning the “PLAYA” mind, out of body experience, spirit and soul.

The urban dictionary defines a “PLAYA” as a group of people, usually guys, who "play" or “manipulate” others to ultimately get what they want, like sex or money, by using charm, game and an often, a lot of lies.

Females cannot be a PLAYA.  

A real “PLAYA” is often times highly intelligent with a master’s degree in Psychology and/or Sociology. He possesses an above average IQ. Sensitive at times and very inconsiderate most times. He’s kind and selfless at first then suddenly removes the charm and becomes as ruthless as hell having no pity, merciless, cruel, malicious, vindictive, forbidding and harsh when he doesn’t get the desired results from his many victims. Its not always women who experience his wrath. Its anyone in the path of his destruction.

It’s just a way of life for him.

Either one succumbs to his whim and wares or they my get dropped off in the middle of some far away remote forest or hot desert. He doesn’t kill physically but, emotionally, spiritually, mentally and fervently. He takes no prisoners.

You see the real and true “PLAYA” knows that “influence” is the ability to personally affect the actions, decisions, opinions, or thinking of others. Ultimately, his strong manly “influences” allows him to get things done his way and achieve desired outcomes that he desires. At a basic level, “influence” is about compliance getting someone to do what you want them to do (or at least to undermine them). Pretending to genuinely make a commitment to other people is often a requirement for me to accomplish taking over the victims mind.

When I first started realizing that I had a gift to “manipulate” and use people. It started early in my career choice, or in individual contributor roles, I knew that “influence” is about working effectively with inferior people over whom I had taken over all the authority. It requires the ability to present logical and compelling dominance while never compromising.  

I often times used the power of “manipulation”. Psychological “manipulation” is a type of social “influence” that aims to change the behavior or perception of others through indirect, deceptive, or underhanded tactics. By me advancing the interests of the victim, often at another's expense, my methods could be considered exploitative and devious. Like I really cared.

A “PLAYA” isn’t any different than a politician or scandalous businessman. People need to stop being so naïve, especially over a term or labelling.

I studied the theory of Edward L. Thorndike the law of effect. I was interested in learning how impressions of one quality, such as intelligence, bled over onto perceptions of other personal characteristics, mainly loyalty. I soon discovered that when people hold a good impression of one of my characteristic, those good feelings tend to affect perceptions of other qualities.  I know that if I continuously keep telling a female she’s very attractive and God must be missing an angel she will actually start to believe what I’m lying about. By doing so I’ve created a “halo effect” in which will lead her also to believe that I’m kind, smart, and funny. This “halo effect” works on men as well.

This skillful guy used to pay me 25 dollars and hour just to ride around with him while he worked. I never knew how much a welder could made free lancing. He impressed me most when he actually lifted an apartment building with hydraulic jacks, so that he could weld the new foundation bottom beams. I told him that one of the fittings he welded was crooked. Someone paid him over 25,000 dollars before they found out he didn’t know what he was doing. He loved to smoke weed and I made sure he never went without. Find a victims vice and it makes it easy to win over their mind.

There are five vital characteristics a true blue “PLAYA” has deep a desire to compete. A “PLAYA” skip’s excuses. His drive to compete leaves no time for excuses when pursuing various strategies to win. Plus, he loves to compete with himself. It’s in his blood. He puts himself on the line and takes great pleasure in his performances. He has a champion’s mindset. A top performer with an  unwavering faith in his ability to achieve. A champion’s mindset includes the belief that winning is inevitable, not a remote possibility. This speaks to a level of mental toughness and passion about how he “manipulates” anyone in his path. He has undeniable self-discipline.  

I know that I may have come off brash, presumptuous, measured, self-confident, impetuous, arrogant, brassy, pushy, arrogant, audacious, presuming, disrespectful, improper, shameless, impolite and insolent. You would be absolutely right to assumed these acquired traits.

The message I was actually trying to convey is the fact that the life of a “PLAYA” in live time sucks.

I met a rich elderly woman named Lucinda Fairchild in the summer of 2013. I put all the charm, allure, appeal, magic, magnetism and romance I had learned over the years, on this one particular wonderful woman. She fell in love hard as they say. So hard that she hired a hitman to remove the “PLAYA” from this earth after I thought I completely depleted her bank account. I never thought to ask her if she had any money in an offshore bank. That was a mistake that almost costed me my life. Had it not been for her hiring an undercover cop I would probably be writing this fake confession from hell that will be the place of my final resting destination.

What angered me more than the fact that she only received 3 years in prison was knowing she only thought of offing me for a mere 2,000 dollars.

There’s more to this epic pathetic tale.

After she got out still woefully scorned. Inside the prison she must have learned from the best scorned women in the world on how to seek revenge. I was residing in Hawaii at the time. Not even thinking about her nor her release. This lovely Hawaiian young lady approaches me and persuades me to meet her at Mokuleia Beach. Located on Oahu’s northwest shore, just past Haleiwa is this often-secluded beach. The nearest store or restroom was more than ten miles away, and the television show Lost filmed its first season on Mokuleia.

I wasn’t used to being a victim and my “PLAYA” survival senses were on alert. I agreed to meet the young beautiful Lei Ho there just after sun set. When I got there the only thing I seen were a few scavenger sea gulls. As I continued to walk the deserted beach I seen a shadow behind a huge boulder. Then I heard two pop, pop sounds and saw myself sprawled out on the sandy beach. When I looked up it was the old rich ex-convict widow Lucinda standing over me gloating. Talking about if I can’t have you lover boy hell will gladly accept you without reservations. She didn’t gloat long as I shot her right between her devilish looking eyes.

For anyone who thinks the life of a “PLAYA” is glamorous. They would be correct. The only problem about that glamorous lifestyle is that it has a short shelf life.

Remember when I mentioned those two pop, pop sounds? One of those pops landed squarely on my spine. I’m sitting here in Hale Pa'ahao Prison doing a 15 year sentence for 2nd degree murder. A “PLAYA” should have known that there is “no” self defense law in Hawaii. Now I sit in this wheelchair at 28 years of age just “REGRETTING” every minute of my miserable prison day that I ever decided to become a “PLAYA”!

June 23, 2020 15:37

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Sayani Sarkar
18:29 Jul 03, 2020

Wow. I never even thought that I would ever read a story from the POV of a "playa". I mean, we all know who's a playa, what's their nature like but I never imagined that one could have spun a story out of it. Really different.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.