1 comment

Thriller Mystery Sad

It was dark all around, there is a big ancient house nearby the lake. It was made of solid brick, stone or concrete walls on top of a masonry foundation

The night was quiet but the chirping of the bird was like a music to the ear of the maiden happily writing in her book. “I hope I finish you, I always forget to update. A story of us when I give my all to have you by myself”. she just laughed at what she was thinking. We did not exist but we would have been. 

She turned off the candle before tearing the long cloth in her dress. She naturally forgets things so it can often have an accident if it does not tear the end of the dress fabric that rests on its foot. The house was big for her but that did not stop her from going down from the first floor to the fifth floor of her house. She closed her eyes before slamming the padlock on the door to see if it was closed.

She sighed in relief when she didn't feel the air in her face. She stretched her arms first before lying down on the bed. She heard something fall but she just shrugged it off. "Good bye yesterday, hello tomorrow". Her last words before she falls in a deep sleep.

"Maria Blanca Caridad E 'Figuero". A baritone voice of the man awoke in my mind. I opened my eyes angrily but I knew it was him so I forced a smile. A wide smile welcomes me when the door opened. I was just surprised when he hugged me tightly so I pushed him but he holds my arm and put it on his neck to kiss me-it was deep and full of passion. I bite his tongue because I almost ran out of breath with his kisses. He just laughed once the apple pulled out of its pants. "You still haven't changed, you're as sweet and as red as an apple”.

His forehead was wrinkled so I stared into his eyes. It was too dark and sad. It was different compared to the gleam of his white teeth in his brilliant smile. He tied his brown wavy hair into a bun then clear his throat.  "What do you think, my dear? Did I really say that I did not leave you in the mansion? Don’t tell me that you forget the only man who loves you more than his life. One year ...it doesn't matter, I only lost two years but I always think of you dear. You know that I have to fix things so we can live peacefully together forever and ever”.

His gaze was serious on me as opposed to the humor in his tone. He wanted me to say something but what was that so I just kept my mouth shut. Ok, I give up, I'm sorry dear but you know we can't do it yet but you know that you are the only one in my heart. His eyes twinkled so I just bit my tongue. I don't love him but I just frowned. My heart ached so I put my right hand on my heart, squeezing it to calm down.

He lowered the two suitcases to the floor before going upstairs to get dressed. I looked at him a few times before leaving to go to the market.

Noisy and crowded people in the market ready for Christmas. It was crowded so we inevitably got into a fight. I looked annoyed at the woman dressed in red, she was thin but both arms were full of tattoos that looked like black crows bending over me so I stumbled. She laughed but I noticed the blood on its nose. I was about to hand over the handkerchief but she screams as if I did something wrong to her. People looked at me, they were whispering but I could not hear anything. Their judgmental eyes are enough for me to be blamed for the crime. The woman was running so I called her to stop. It was all too late because, its blood spilled on me. I was stunned by the absence; I did not know how I gave a statement to the police.

 Baby, do not blame yourself. Lara has been addicted to drugs for a long time, she has been drinking so she is hallucinating. They said she was running and shouting demon before being hit by a truck. A gentle voice and a soft hand were massaging my head.

I just felt myself sinking into the deep, cold and dark emptiness. Everything I wanted was quiet but a woman's cry pulled me to reality. I coughed as I climbed into the bath, I raised my head but a woman in her fifties came up to me, wearing a loose black t-shirt and red pants. Her short straight hair is uneven, it has a scar on its right cheek. Her eyes glazed over at me as tears streamed down her face like a faucet.

Are you losing your mind? You are afraid of water but what do you dip your face in the bathtub. If I hadn't shouted at you, you might be dead ”. she was hysterical while wiping my wet hair. She lift me ​​up to wipe my body, I looked in the mirror but I saw a shadow: I was that woman, long black hair, thin and with a mole on my left eye but it had a cut on my wrist so I looked at my hand. I saw the black worm tattoo but I was surprised when it moved and more came out of my wrist. I was shouting in my mind but when I looked in the mirror, that woman was being wiped by the old woman . She was calm opposed to the fear crawling in my veins. She looks at me, it was black and dead so I blinked my eyes twice but she's gone.

“Good Morning love, awake. Today is our special day, It’s our 500th day as couple. I did something great today so better wake up and please love, I love you ”

A soft lip touched my lip so I irritated opened my eyes. I rubbed my eyes but he took my hand and brought it to his mouth and then kissed it loudly.

"What's up?" That's all I said. The surroundings were bright and bright, he was wearing a white polo and black pants. The men's scent was smelly, it was strong so I covered my nose before running to vomit. I slumped softly on the bathroom floor while still holding my hand to the side of the toilet.

What happened love? Are you pregnant? You are taking your medicine, aren't you pregnant and I rarely come home here. Do you drink alcohol or tell me, I'm worried about you?

he retorted but he is glaring at me, He could not continue what he was about to say when I suddenly shouted at him. “What am I again? I always listen to you so keep quiet ”.

The tendon in my neck almost exploded as I thought he was going to kill me. It was too late to apologize because it was crying before I was left alone regretting the words I left out.

I was embarrassed to hug behind it. I put my hand on its belly and leaned its head on its shoulder. I wanted to feel its heartbeat but I could barely feel it so I tightened my hug here. I admit I made a mistake but he said we love each other and the fight with the couple is normal. Here you will find out how strong the love of the groom is, whether it will last over time.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that", we said at the same time just whispering but we felt the sincerity of each other. We just laughed at the antics of the two of us so he tickled me and then I retaliated until I ended up hitting the pillow. Our 500th day anniversary will always be my favorite day in my life. I’m almost there, falling in love with my stranger boyfriend.

Time goes fast when you are with the person who makes you happy. Watch romantic comedy and just eat now. We just postponed our trip to New York. I laugh when he cries when the male protagonist gives the wedding vow to the female protagonist. This is the fifth in the movie about marriage so I almost died of laughter. I was shocked when it stopped and threw the glass plate at the door.

“Why? Anything else? Maria, Am I not the husband material you’ll see your future with. The father of our soon to be children. Don't you love me anymore? Is it funny that we are getting married? ”

He screamed so I hugged myself. Where is my boyfriend? I do not know this man. The sparkle of its love was replaced by hatred and sorrow. His fist clenched as I did not answer his question.

I blocked my two arms with my eyes as it made a heavy step towards me. He snatched something from his pocket that made my stomach chill. Its grin was frightening as it whispered my name. I secretly prayed that I would survive if he killed me. My hand was sweating especially when I lost power. I knelt down crawling backwards with a hand that pulled my foot. I screamed and trembled as I pulled the knife out of my pocket so I cried out in pain.

Shit! Honey? Why did you attack me? This is just a play for our special day. ”

He groaned in pain. It tore the end cloth to stop the blood arm from my earlier fight.

I can’t hurt you, not you. I love you more than my life. The boring thing is that we only have movies all night so I pretended to be a killer and you are my victim. I'm good at acting, is your boyfriend an actor ”. He even laughed as if he was good at what he did. I stared at it but it just sniffed like a child being scolded by my mother.

“Don’t you ever do that again or I’ll break up with you. You’ll almost kill me, what if I attacked or killed you? How else can I marry you?

I raised my voice. He just shook his head as if I was joking so I stared at him.


My sulking yesterday was replaced by annoyance because my good boyfriend did not mention that his whole family will come three hours from now. I don't know how to cook so I almost run out of sweat avoiding splashing oil and peeking to see if the chocolate cookies and pastries in the oven are okay. If there would be a day for free kill, he'll be my first victim .

“Shit! That's almost it ”.

I took a deep breath before turning off the stove. My face almost burned out in shock. I heard the sound of dead crows in my mirror almost crushing it. It is amazing that it has no blood especially since it looks like it was thrown about two kilometers from my garden to this house. My head hurt when I remembered the garden, how could I say that if I didn't know where it was.

I woke up with my face covered and I also felt the strap on my leg and hand. I heard the voices of women and men so I tried to close my eyes while trying to reach for the knife in my shorts slowly.

“Shut up Ara, we've been done for a long time. I will Maria to be my wife so I invited you. You are my step mother so stop acting like a bitch, we are just drunk so something happened. “.

The man whispered but you felt the anger in its tone.

“No Joe, you promised me. It's just me, isn't it? Maria doesn’t exist. We already kill her. “

Woman opposes man.

Remember the 500th Anniversary? Did you go to New York? We killed him. You stabbed him after you watched a movie and then I shot him. Since then, then you said we will get away. Right here in Grandma and Grandpa's old house where it all started.

He added that I was surprised because that woman was the woman in the bathtub. She is my mother but how are they with that man.

“No, I love Maria, I would rather kill myself than kill her. Shut your mouth, I don’t want to listen to you. I’ve been your submissive for years so please let me go.

As he pleaded, his voice cracked and my heart softened. How did my mother manage to seduce my boyfriend.

“I just used you because I want your daughter. After all, we are just fair. You used me and then I used you so you got dad so your son is mine. ”

He added that his sadness disappeared and was replaced by a crisp laugh.

“Are you an animal Joe? I have given everything but you are still not satisfied and you even bring my daughter here where you have them ---- “.

The woman's voice was desperate, she was crying so I could barely understand what she was saying but I heard a series of gunshots.


"The end". I said and then adjusted my mirror.


My students frowned because I finished the story right away. It sucks and Maria's story is worthless. I have forty students here in my own small school, the ones I teach are from five to eight.


"What no? You can't say its over. My mom said if the characters doesn't reach happy ending, it's not ending", Lia muttered, she was crying while stomping her little feet. I just shook my head and smiled. I approached and hugged her but she just scratched my face which made me laugh.

"Kids, Maria doesn't exist so feel free to conclude your ending .Get your art materials the end scene".

I said softly that they stopped crying. They followed so they took bond paper and pencil as well as crayons.


Everyone was quiet and busy writing with a voice I heard so I looked around. I rolled my eyes because we had no one else but min.


It also took an hour before they finished drawing. We laughed and cried at their suggestions on how the story would end. I noticed a boy at the end, he was thin and very quiet in class. They left but he was still sitting and looking at me as if he wants to kill me alive. I rejected that idea because he is a child and innocent for the cruel world I live in.


“Hi Joen! Don't you have parents yet? I will call them to fetch you?

I asked here but his gaze was still sharp on me so my forehead was very wrinkled. I have never seen her parents because she often has a nanny with her.


 The wind blew and I heard the door close so I turned around but a sharp object woke my mind .I felt its point on my side “You can fool them not me, Ms. Maria ”. My hand sweated when I felt the sharp object.


"No longer! he is not real, I am Joe Figuera. He is just a past that I must forget forever ”

I said weakly before drowning in my own blood. The boy laughed before running away.


For a roll of the movie the past goes back. YES, I admit and I do not discriminate. Me and him are one but I killed him. My tears flowed and my smile drew before embracing my destiny.



The last note written in the book,

“I’m done, no need to update. A story of you and me as soul and mind but you kill the soul to take over the body. Whatever you do, ask you mind to forget what you did, past wont never be in the past because cycle of life will haunt you alive until your last breath ”.

Love, Lara Figuera










January 07, 2021 17:47

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Jana Sison
04:31 Jan 13, 2021

Omg! Thank you reedsy for approving my story . Please bear with my grammatical errors.I will work hard to write better stories.

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.