0 comments

Mystery

Lana was baking a pie. She was very excited because it was her very most favorite flavor, cherry. She put it in the oven to bake for the last time and went to change her apron. And when she got back she took it out of the oven but it was very very hot. She left it on the windowsill so it could cool before dinner time. Her family was very much looking forward to eating the pie. When she came back the pie was not on the windowsill. She looked out the window into the deep dark Forest the window was facing and wondered who would take a pie out of the window. At first, she thought it was her little brother but he did not have any evidence in his room. And it wasn't either of her parents because they were still at work. And then she started to get scared because cuz she did not know who else could have taken the pie. She returned to the windowsill and stared into the forest until she saw a shadow run throughout the trees. It scared her. She jumped backward and screamed. Her little brother ran downstairs because he thought something bad had happened. When she explained to him what she saw in the forest he got scared and warned her that it could be something dangerous. And that if she went after it something bad could happen to her. Lana said that she probably would not go after what was in the forest . But after her little brother went back upstairs Lana walked out of the back door and stood at the edge of the forest. She looked to see if she could see anything out of the ordinary but she didn't. So she started walking into the forest. After 5 or so minutes of walking into the forest, she came to a small area where there was a tree trunk with a few feet around it on every side. On the tree stump was the pie she had guessed that maybe her little brother had taken it at some point and put it on the tree trunk and was just trying to scare her. But when she stepped closer she heard a twig snap. She looked around and saw nothing. And she thought it was probably just a rabbit or a squirrel maybe. So she walked forward and grab the pie she looked at it very pleased with how it came out and sat down on the tree trunk for a second. However, when she looked up she again saw a shadow moving in the woods. Again she thought it was her little brother but Lana was mistaken. This creature moved too fast to be human. That alone scared Lana a very much. But then she also realizes how tall it was, probably about 7 ft tall. It moved faster than the forest circling around Lana. At first, Lana thought it had taken the pie because it was hungry. But she soon realized there was hungry for more than pie. e Lana breathed very slowly and stood very still. The creature was still moving through the forest and she could tell it was getting closer and closer until she can see its dark green color. The horns that curve down the top of its head and the large eyes that stared at her from the edge of the clearing with the tree stump. And she saw how fast it lunged at her holding the pie. The last thing poor Lana saw was her beautiful pie falling face down on the dirty forest floor.

November 16, 2019 20:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.