Love can save all

Submitted into Contest #60 in response to: Write a post-apocalyptic romance.... view prompt

1 comment

Adventure Drama Fantasy

Love Can save all

Nicole jalonen 

Nakira Roman was the surviving member of her family of five . The twenty two year old had just watched her house with her mom and dad and two siblings inside blow up after a number of asteroids hit it , causing it to blow up and burn!

Falling to her thin jean covered knees and crying hysterically the blonde haired spot covered woman hardly noticed as someone picked her up off the dead charred grass and held her close to him .

Whispering , “ I know it’s hard but you’ve got to get out of here the druids will find and kill us as we are the last two humans on earth now!”

“Andreas is that you?!”

The thin ms universe beauty queen asked as she peered into the five foot tall MSN’s blue eyes as her childhood friend and high school love nodded and carried her away from the scene of her families demise as the whole planet earth was engulfed in war and fire . 

“Where can we go that’s safe!”

Nakira asked in fear as Andreas whipped out a huge silver dagger with a green handle

And without saying a word to her he cut a hole right through the red with fury sky and pulled her through it!

“How’s you do thst ? “

Where are we now?”

The confused and scared woman asked as Andreas replied . “I’m a warlock and this is my magic home your earth

Is experiencing the biblical apocalypse so we must live here if we are to survive for you are the last of the human race Nakira I was sent to bond with you so we could fall in love and continue your race .”

With that said and her heart a flutter for this man who had just saved her life the two married and together had a fully human and another fully warlock child and they had to save the humsn race so

they loved each other and within a year gave birth to two children one was fully a warlock and one was a full humdn girl who grew to one day look for a full human msn to fall in love with as was predicted . Tatiana met and fell in love with a human man at the age of eighteen and through their daughter and after her Nakira and Andrea had saved the world of humans forever more !

not knowimh

if anymore apocalypse were going to happen her dad Andrea left Tatianna and her twin atoni spells Toni could use to protect the new humans against going exist because they knew how vulnerable thE species was . Now and always the species would be protected through magic because Andreas and a nakira would live forever to protect the world so no one would never again experience the pain of death! Yet death would be truffled with . For the Grimm teepee has ways of creeping upon the unexpecting ones. Striking at those times when defences are down . Letting Andreas find a curse box that cursed him to age and everyday the warlock would slowly age and experience sickness even though it would not kill him he and his wife who thought they’d cheated death would always be aware death was there . Yet the lovers persevered and lived out everyday loving each other through because they knew their love was strong enough to get them through anything . So the reaper tried again feeling defeated by these lovers again he took Andreas powers completely away and centuries after the couple had bested

n the apocalypse with their love the powerful warlock Andreas was reduced to a lily powerless human and would age until he would eventually die. Not want to watch her lover parish Nakira made a deal with death she would become one if his reapers forever more if only he would let her beloved husband live with his magic!

nodding in agreement Nakira gave her life so Andreas could be a powerful warlock again and she the original human died young knowing her loved ones could be happy again! Andreas carries on for his wife unwilling trying again and again to find another love . Years passed and Nakira watched her lover be alone so she decided to intervene and she pleaded with the angels to grant Andreas a gift for saving the world. They agreed and sent down one of their angels Casima to Andreas and Nakira told her everything the men liked and Casima won Andreas heart and they married and Andreas was happy . Though he missed Nakira his heart was happy and he and casima had lots of kids and he ruled the new safe world forever more with one of their kids Deranna grew up to rule the world and protect the world! Yet another problem rose for the daughter when the secret police warlocks came and arrested the daughter for treason when they said she worked for the devils who destroyed the world before !

you have no proof of this !

Casima and Andreas screamed as their daughter was sentanced to death By hanging !

not wanting Andreas to lose more Nakira who was the ever watchful reaper turned back time and made his daughter with Casima be in another place so someone else could take the blame for the crime !

life as a reaper was lonely and her

heart longed for her love but she knew they could never be back together for they had gave that up when they made it so no one else could die in the apocalypse! So Nakira had no choice but to watch her beloved Andreas be happy without her and forever heart ache was her price for not wanting To experience death again !

so Andreas moved on with his eternal life and Nakira would once in a while intervene to make him happy so he wouldn’t be sad without her. But Andreas though he was happy still thought of the love he lost everyday and vowed he would keep his family together no matter what he had to do!

September 18, 2020 20:18

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

1 comment

Grace Kelley
15:19 Oct 02, 2020

I wasn't expecting the magical/fantastical element. Very interesting. It had a futuristic, Author-esque quality to it!

Reply

Show 0 replies

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.