A PASSOVER TO REMEMBER

Submitted into Contest #100 in response to: Write a story where a meal or dinner goes horribly wrong.... view prompt

0 comments

Sad Mystery Suspense

A PASSOVER TO REMEMBER

She lit the fire with a whisper in her mind. She did not know why she had parked at the opposite side of her intention from her mind. She wished she could get out of the manger. She shifted the stove box she held in her arms to a more comfortable position, almost tripping on the curb while she did so. She reached into the house, searching for the purse, only to whip it again to save the crowd. Why was she so irritatingly large? She reached into the house again.

She wondered why everything was getting so pale. It was almost like a set of scratched flashlights were being wiped out straight into her eyes. Then the pain came, and in the same moment it was gone. She did not recognize the strangeness this time. She dropped straight down and made a eight inch long, two inches deep clean slice down her butt. It was hard to explain to the crowd that she had stabbed herself in the butt.

Her husband and the strange men had just gotten home from the court room proceeding to shop. He had placed the plague all over the countertop. She was putting them away and had forgotten her husband carried something too that was still lying on the edge counter under one of the boards. She was preparing strange Passover meal. It was so mysterious she made sure it was really creamy for everyone to pray for her soul. She leaned in very close to get a good look and her long hair got stuck in the electric mixer. She just stood there screaming. Fatefully, wind was right next to her and plunged her out deeper. However, her scalp had lifted off her head, and she ended up with one giant bruise covering her whole scalp. She did not wear a hair band.

Nevertheless, this mission wanted to accomplish in a time's later. The extra must now sparked with explodes of oil all over her juicy face. She immediately took off her shirt and ran to the bathroom to clean off the hot oil, then spent half an hour rubbing ice all over the terrible burns on her chest to stop the blistering. It did not work very well, and she still sent with blisters all over her body. She looked in and this time realized something was wrong.

Still like a wonder woman, she stared at the horrified walls too, she had melted the black plastic lid into the oil, which was accounted for all the weird black spots. She fed all her disguised visitors melted plastic wings. She happened to reach her phone as she added aroma to the jar of water. Out of the corner of her eyes, her husband did not put her through. He thought it was a normal call. She watched her skin actually a slide off her breast. I think she cursed herself being a woman. Her dangling child watched her in amusement other than shock. For the child was helpless to help his dying mother.

Like a harsh guitar, she echoed for lifting her up for help but it seemed only singing birds were enjoying her calling. The child could not cry this time as he did always. He too was in bitter wonders. She helter skelteredly went to her room and let herself fall onto her bed. She just wanted to feel some easiness and forget about the pain that had been stirred up. The last thing she needed was to think about herself, the woman she had thought she could be for years now. At times the pain felt fresh.

As she was lying there, she thought about how much her affair had diverged from a romantic getaway into this purgatory to take her life. She was stuck somewhere between heaven and hell, and even though her husband was doing his best to show her love, she was ready to quit. She stared at the ceiling as her innocence converted into guilt. She had thought, or at least hoped, she was at least ready to open her heart but to an empty receiving heart.

With a gained strength in her mind, but I think the body was still weak, she rose up to monitor her cooking. But the stove needed much attention she could not prefer. With tears in her jolly eyes, she lifted the pan and switched the electric cooker. Desperate of her farewell, she now had little about, she accidentally stepped the open cable. This time she was too weak to struggle her out and painfully remained stuck on the wire as she breathed her last. Her eyes had a written note, she must have used a holy pen from her heavenly eyes above. The helpless child watched his mother perishing in his eyes. The lines in his eyes showed pain too.

No sooner had she passed away than the husband arrived home with praises in his lips, " My Queen" he praised! Silence was all that could welcome him. He went straight into the dining room having come home hungry. Still he did not mind much about the silence, but sipping wine he brought with him. Later, having heard footsteps in the yard, the child bursted out in more louder strange like voice, I think this must be for him being forsaken. His father hurried in to save his child. Only to step in, he could not imagine what lied before him. He too died a thousand deaths, his came of shock. The helpless child remained to tell the unbelievable truth. The thorn cracking of the child later drew other people in. Like the same, could not tell what the truth was. It was at this time that the child began to stumble, in disjointed voice. Indeed wonders will never cease. His narration proved the mystery of God that none can really fathom.

The two gone lovers being rushed for aids, the life savers too could not believe the pain in their eyes. Only to announce the results, the innocent woman had bid her farewell about an hour ago. Just that God pardoned the husband to take charge of the helpless child. On his waking up, he wondered his where about into the hospital. Thousands of pleadings and some murmurs from the men of God could bring him back to conscience. The only no magic the doctors could perform was to allow them carry off the corpse to be buried. Her screaming and shouting for help in vain was now paid with million teardrops from earthly vultures escorting her home. It was not a surprise that only a few cried a perfect cry. They too were hungry and waiting for the time of the Passover to be pronounced.

On the next day, with burns in her body, the burial got arranged. It was during this time that the child realized his mother was no more. He did not wonder so much because he witnessed what happened before him. The time for reading the actual cause of the death was reached as per their tradition required. An old man who to the child was strange rose to read. The child watched in disbelief. The old man seemed to be irrelevant as the child spoke in tears that left every mourner crying too. The child's emotions made everyone wondering.

When she was sent off to her so called resting place, it came time for the Passover and meals. The food she had prepared had not gone bad yet. They too ate of it. A Passover To Remember.

By: RWOTHOMIO PROSPER

0702657267

prosperrwothomio@gmail.com

June 27, 2021 08:02

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustrated Short Stories | 2024-06

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in Reedsy Studio. 100% free.