Ugard loki(from where i remeber)

Submitted into Contest #60 in response to: Write a post-apocalyptic thriller.... view prompt

0 comments

Fantasy Mystery Thriller

From the dark came he, the mystic being. Named after death itself. Its name to be spoken only by himself. He is Ugard Loki. His body resembled a dragon though it had some modifications. His tail was arrayed with equipped with knives which scraped the dungeon floor. He stormed on and on, but the core never broke. Baring his fangs to show the hell inside. But then and there nobody even looked at him twice. Every night he would fall asleep looking at his scales, night and day their glow faded away. Then one day, a suspicious man walked by. As he looked to his side, he stopped dead in his stride and fell paralyzed. This plain mortal was a beggar at High street. He had fallen into a dry creek. And as he aroused, he walked his way. Got lost in this enchanted cave. His name was unknown.

 the clothes he wore were ripped and torn. Ugard Loki was the master of illusions, he turned into a child to create confusion. The man rose from the cold-hard ground, in front of him was a child he found. Scared and confused he looked around but there was only the child about. Eventually, he calmed down. He spoke in an air-light voice, he thought with the child he had no choice. Ugard Loki answered in honey words. Convinced the man to free him of this dungeon's curse. He took pity on the child, who was a monster from inside. So he tried to break the bars, but the rocks won't budge. He tried to pick the lock, but the key won't turn. he sat on the ground his back to the bars. He put his head in his hands and sulked. Then he heard a noise, looked behind, and found the child silently crying. Then he heard another sound, it went boom bam and suddenly drowned. 

He looked left and right but found nothing. He tried to get up, but something pulled him back. a huge hand appeared from the bars, orange and black. Grabbed his neck and held it tight. Then spoke a thundering voice "I am Ugard Loki, don't dare speak my name. I need your mortal blood to be free from these chains" The man's heart thumped against his chest. He bit his finger and he let the blood drip. Ugard Loki stopped it from falling to the ground, collected it in his rough hands and moved it around. He let it slip, into the lock and heard it click. He let go of the man as he swung the door open. Stepped out of the cage and let the freedom soak him. He studied the man as he spoke in a thick voice "You helped me now I will help you. I promise not to hurt you. Help me out of the labyrinth and I'll fulfil your desire too". the man had some courage in his heart, he said: "If I help you out, will you support me to in the mortal world, here I am friends with monsters, but there I am crushed". Ugard Loki's face broke into a smile and he said with a twinkle in his eye “yes kind man, I’ll help you. And as a gift, there is something I want to give you." So, they walked and walked for days and nights. every second Ugard Loki's power would rise.

 Then after days and months, they saw an opening from which shined the sky. The cool wind rushed in with the sweet scent of flower vine. They both got out, took a deep breath and looked the other in the eye. Their faces cringed into an expression of utter dislike. The man started laughing and Ugard Loki followed close by. They rolled on the ground and the tears dropped by. They had this connection in between that nobody else could feel. They finally settled sitting side by side. Looked at the field which was covered in dandelion. Ugard Loki passed the man a bag. It was filled with diamonds carved to perfection creating statues of gods, mythical creatures embedded with runic writing was a tablet made of pearl. The man looked at the bag saying: "for this gift that you gave, for that I may......" Finishing his sentence he called a name.

 a girl came running from a cottage nearby. She was short and dark. Her hair was blonde. She wore clothes tomboy style. She said: "Ugard Loki." And as he heard in self-confusion. she twirled and levitated in airtight fusion. Her clothes changed to silvery-white, around her the glow of moonlight. Her hair turned pure at sight like the stars should shine. Her skin became chocolate brown smooth, glistening all around. She was Artemis, the god of hunt. Waved her hands and said with dominion: "Ugard Loki cause of your kind heart I free you of my cursed flower" The man closed his eyes as Ugard Loki turned into his true form beside. While he did, he left a flower aside. he took his real form with dashing hair and skin saintly fair. Artemis clicked her fingers, turning to dust, vanishing into the affluence of Earth crust. The man opened his eyes, said his last words: "BEWARE" and then disappeared. 

Ugard Loki noticed a flower near the dandelions. its colour showed the hate and envy inside. its centre had a runic, he picked it up which was ironic. He sat and watched the sun go down. Orange, red and pink held him bewildered. Looked at the flower again, and its petals frowned. shrivelled flew and touched his skin around. And where they did his skin turned orange and black again.

He screamed as he transformed " the blood boils inside my skin, the freezing cold that I will win. I know this power I can't hold but I'll make it all unfold." and laid his last free breath with the iron net catching his head.pulling he back with magic hands was the god of death.

September 20, 2020 08:08

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.