"Reversing the Clock: A Tale of Time-Stricken Yearning"

Written in response to: Write a story about someone who wishes they could turn back time.... view prompt

0 comments

Drama Mystery Thriller

A man is standing on the balcony of a beautiful mansion smoking and is thinking about a day he can never forget. He still wishes that if he had come early that day nothing would have happened to her. Suddenly the man got a call from New York and he froze as if destiny was playing a dirty game with him once again. As much as he wants to avoid going to New York after so many years of being in Paris now he again has to go to New York. To the place where he had lost everything which he had once upon a time.  Many years ago a man named Petter and his wife Patricia lived in a village in America. Petter lived with his newly married wife and he survived by fishing. Soon after a few years, Patrishiya was expecting and after nine months one rainy night, she got her labour pain. Petter immediately takes his cart and brings a nurse who treats her and declares that she has a baby boy. Both the husband and wife became happy. They name their son Steve. But soon their happiness did not last long. On their fifth birthday of Steve, something terribly happens that shakes Steve and Patricia to the core. That day, both the parents Petter and Patrishiya were preparing for Steve’s birthday when suddenly it started raining and they heard a knock on their door.  All were surprised as they didn’t call anyone on their birthday. But still, out of curiosity, Peter opened the door but as soon as he opened the door someone stabbed him brutally in front of Patrishiya and 5-year-old Steve. Frightened Patrishiya immediately took Steve with her and ran behind the backdoor of their home. The person searched for them but could not able to found. A night alone a young woman with a 5-year-old boy in that thundering rainy night running here and there. Suddenly one family spots them and asks them to ride with them. Without thinking much Patrishiya agreed and got in the car with Steve. The car reaches London. But little did the mother-son know what destiny had stored for them. As they reached London the couple took them to a dark room and took away Steve from Patrichiya and the next day they handed her to the prostitute. She and Steve cried a lot in front of them but of no use. After struggling for several days to convince them they did not agree and finally having no option Patrishiya starts working as a prostitute. Slowly, Steve grew up and one day Steve along with his mother ran away from them and came to New York where Patrishiya started working as a maid and Steve started studying with whatever money his mother had. Soon Steve passed his examinations with colour flies. That day Patrshiya was really happy seeing her son’s success. He got approached by a big company and he gladly joined. One day when he was working for an important official thing for which he was in a different city suddenly a phone call shook his world. Someone informed him that his mother was killed by a man. The man in Paris calls another man and orders the man to find out who murdered his mother. After Patrishiya’s death, Steve feels guilty that as he left his mother alone someone killed her. Out of revenge, he swore to take that person's life as Pertishiya was the only family he had left after his father’s death. So Steve moved to Paris and was in search of that person and today after so many years he gets the opportunity to go back to New York he does not wish to fly away from the opportunities. Soon he gets to know who killed his mother and plans to finish everything. The next day he takes a flight to New York he has two works in front one is his official project and the second is to take revenge on the person who killed his loving mother.  Steve could not believe that the woman could go to such an extent. Long long ago a man named Philip used to work with Peter in a fishery. It was before Peter was married to Petrishiya. Philip has a sister named Elena. Elena used to secretly love Peter. But the day Elena proposed to Peter he was already engaged to Patrishiya and so he refused to accept her proposal and from that day the relationship between Petter and Philip was also ruined. A beautiful lady proposes to Steve in New York after he graduates. He soon falls in love with her and marries her. Later it was revealed that she was cheating on him. But also she knew magic and as soon as Steve went away from home due to his sight field work that night she kills Petrishiya by black magic. Today Steve discovers that she is the daughter of Elena who plans to kill the whole family and ruines her mother's life. But unfortunately, Steve survived and now she is searching for him to kill him.  Also that night it was Elena’s husband who stabbed Peter brutally when Steve was 5 years old. From that day Steve never celebrates his birthdays. Today Steve waits for this opportunity. It is again raining today in New York when he reaches.  He sends one of his men and kills Elena who is now 80 years old and due to her old age, she could not protest for survival. As soon as her daughter gets the news out of range she finds out about Steve's home and is about to kill Steve when the police arrest her as Steve is already alert of these circumstances.  Today Steve celebrates his birthday happily after 30 years. But he misses his mom and always wishes that day if he had reached on time he might have saved his mother Petrishiya. He remembers all the memories he has with his mother starting with her a mother a prostitute and then once again becoming a mother. He still wants to reverse everything or perhaps give justice to his father too. 

January 26, 2024 18:40

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.