0 comments

Drama Romance Sad

This was supposed to be the happiest day of our lives. Happy and together…

My eyes opened, seeing my beautiful girlfriend beside me. Her curly hair in a messed up state and snoring away, but find her cute none less. I kissed her cheek before I got up quietly and begin to plan for the day. Today is our anniversary. 5 years long. I knew deep in my mind that I wanted to propose to this girl for a long time, but with the money I lowkey saved up from my job, it’ll be enough for the ring. Today, it’s going to be her special day. 

I made eggs and ate as I thought of me putting the ring through her finger. I definitely want to spoil her today. I want to at least buy a few things for her for our anniversary. It’s only right to spoil her for all the things she did for me for the past five years.

I made sure to write the things I have to get today for her, I didn’t want to be unprepared. But after that, the plan will set in motion. 

I put on casual shorts and a tank tee and headed my way out the door. Emma seems to hear me and asked me where I was gonna go. 

“I’ll be back baby, just gonna run some errands real quick,” I said smiling. 

“Be safe Deandre, love you,” Emma said sleepily as she kissed me before she heads back to bed. God, I love her so much. 

I had a list of things that’ll be perfect for our anniversary. First, a bouquet of roses then candles so we can get into the mood. As I’ll get the miscellaneous things that she might like, the ring, the biggest part of the anniversary, will be the last before I go back home. This should give me a few hours to spare before the sun goes down. 

First, though, I explored the town. My thoughts left to wandering. Emma really is the love of my life. I hope to settle with her, have a family, and grow old together. She was there for me at my lowest when I didn’t have a job and we had to live on unemployment. But now, I know I can spoil her all the gifts I’m gonna get her because she deserved it. She will always be better than my exes, especially the ones who cheated on me. I know my Emma wouldn’t cheat on me, we been through the bad and good for five years. Deandre finally found himself the wife he can spend for the rest of his life. 

I explored enough, I think it’s time to get the gifts for my baby. 

The bouquet of roses held in my arm as I got few gifts from Chanel and Sephora. Emma loves perfumes with a fruity scent and definitely some makeup. All for my baby today, she deserves it for holding me down while I got used to my job. Now, the ring will definitely be the final list on the agenda before I start going home and cook an amazing dinner for Emma. Her favorite dishes are gonna be made by me tonight. Shrimp pasta with champagne we can drink together. 

I can already envision the night with us. She’ll say yes and when we get to set the mood with the candles and the roses laid on the floor, I will definitely show her how much I love her. 

I got in the jewelry store, the clerk of the place greeting me with a warm smile. 

“How may I help you sir?” the clerk asked. 

“Hello,” I said. “I want to get an engagement ring for my girlfriend.”

“Of course sir, there’s definitely a few rings we got that’ll suit right for her,” the clerk bought out a tray of various rings to choose from. 

I knew I wanted to get Emma’s ring based on her favorite color, blue. There were many other pretty rings in different colors though, but the one by the corner caught my eye. 

“You would like this one sir?” the clerk asked as he got out the blue encrusted ring, given me for closer examination. 

The ring somehow tells me to get it, with the sapphire aura to it. Is it sapphire? 

“Is the ring sapphire?” I asked, turning the ring over to see the circular design. 

“Yes sir, 8 carats to be exact,” he said. This is perfect then. 

“Thank you, I feel like this ring will be perfect for my wife,” I said, pulling out my wallet.

The sun is starting to go down, signaling it’s time to go home. Happiness swells inside me as I have the ring inside my pocket. I’m so glad I can do this for Emma. Tonight, we won’t be girlfriend and boyfriend. We gonna be fiances. 

I called Emma to tell her I’m on my way home, but it leads to voicemail. That’s weird. Is she sleeping? But I don’t pay much mind to it, I know she was gonna be home today. 

I head up the stairs to the apartment, turning my keys and unlocking the door. I got in the house, but the vibe didn’t felt right. Somehow, my gut is telling me something. But I’m overthinking this, there’s no way. No way…

The house was definitely quiet. But a faint of noises was heard in the hallway where our bedroom was. There’s no way she’s… But can I admit that I’m scared shitless right now? My heart is praying that it won’t be like the last time… 

But I knew in order to know what’s exactly going on, I have to investigate.

I slowly put the stuff down and sneakily peer into the bedroom. I hear rustling and a voice I didn’t recognize. My heart pounding fast. Ba-dump. Ba-dump. The bedroom door is unlocked and I slowly opened the door, my eyes cannot believe what I saw. But by then, it was too late.

November 17, 2020 21:56

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.