Predictor and fighter

Submitted into Contest #89 in response to: Write about someone who is always looking toward the future.... view prompt

0 comments

Fantasy Fiction Sad

28th of November year 2000, a baby was born. She was name Sybyll meaning the one who predict the future. She's not an ordinary baby because her mom was a witch and her dad was a brave man who died for their safety. During the battle where her dad died for their safety. She was brought out of the wizarding world for her safety. Her mother put the orange necklace inside Sybyll's blanket. Sybyll's mother is the one who leads the battle.

At the same day of the battle, a baby boy was also born, he was given the name, Adriel meaning brave. And the boy's mother choose not to bring the boy outside the wizarding world but still the mother also put the green necklace beside the boy's bed.

Two baby was born on the same day of the battle. One is witch and one is a wizard. The two necklace is not just an ordinary necklace. Both of it have different ability. The green necklace was originally came from King Dale II, the first king of the wizarding world and the orange necklace was originally came from Princess Rowence.

It's been 20 years since the last battle happened. And Sybyll is now a beautiful lady. The family that saw her the day her mother left her was the Pryceley family. She was treated as their own daughter, she also have a sister and they're close to each other. At this moment, Sybyll is now wearing the orange necklace and can look at the future happenings. Mrs. Pryceley knew that Sybyll was a witch and yet they treat her like a normal being

On the other hand, Adriel is train with sword and bow. He was the choosen one to come and find Sybyll outside the wizarding world. His mom died because a group of dark wizards killed his mom. At that moment, he was also wearing the green necklace but didn't know what is the ability of it. He was living in the palace with the other wizard. He didn't even have to worry what to eat because he was treated like a king there. When he turn 21, he should find Sybyll and bring in the wizarding world to come live with him.

Some rumors spread out that the way outside the wizarding world have 9 different creatures and only the old leader have made it out alive. Adriel didn't even think about it and still packing his things up and preparing to fight with it.

In the other world, Sybyll saw that man from her original world will come and get her but before the real man could ever get to her an imposter will come first. Sybyll feel the fear and couldn't stop thinking about it. Her foster parents talk about this and they have plan to leave Sybyll alone with the man and gave the letter. She doesn't want to read it and kinda scared that she might cry if she read it.

While her foster family was about to leave, they make sure that Sybyll can still eat so they left a money worth $2000 for her to spend on her foods and also a book about her true worlds to find out who is the imposter and the true wizard. She's definitely lucky to be taken care of Mr. and Mrs.Pryceley. Before the Pryceley family leave. Annica the older daughter of Mr and Mrs Pryceley hugged Sybyll and cry on her arms. They were leaving together and have been close to each other since the day Annica's parents found Sybyll under the tree.

Sybyll also cried and make sure that everyone from the Pryceley family are safe before leaving. Annica came inside the car and that was the last time Sybyll will see the Pryceley family. Now that she's alone at the house. She will sleep at Annica's room.

But since it is morning she open the book from Mrs. Pryceley and read the first chapter. And she saw her father's face and it made her smile. She noticed that her father's eyes are also green like her eyes. Her father was also the most clever student before but never thought of being a hero and sacrifice himself. She's more than proud when she read that her father never look at other girls and treated her mother like the only girl he had seen in his own existence.

"If he's alive he's probably the best father that every daughter or son could ever."Sybyll said and tears suddenly fell into her cheeks.

She continue to scroll into the book and found a lot of people that she had seen in her dreams. Sybyll went to the kitchen to grab some snacks and drinks. As her vision suddenly focus to Adriel, once again she saw Adriel fighting the creatures at the 6th stage except Adriel was still as fresh as he is and looks like didn't even tired of fighting the creatures. It made her think that it was the imposter one.

While on the wizarding world, Adriel killed the 6th monster without feeling tired or exhausted. Everytime he stab the creatures more than 5. The necklace was giving a shiny light and only him (the choosen fighter) can see. He's didn't see 2 creatures at the 7th and 8th destination it made him doubt but still continue to walk until he saw the 9th creature and there was the two headed dragon fighting the giant serpent and helping him so he can go to the outside world easily.

He ran towards the portal and go outside the wizarding world. He's now at the non-magical world to come find Sybyll. The necklace that he was wearing suddenly light up and show the map where he can see Sybyll's current location.

Sybyll packed her things too as she saw that a man also near to her is the imposter. She went outside and jump inside the car that Mr. Pryceley gave her. She drive as fast as he could until she's far from the house. After she make sure no one is following at the back. She went looking for the boy inside of her mind. Her eyes are now teary, because finally after 20 years of living in other world she can finally live in her real world where everyone is same as her. She once again saw what was about to happen. A guy wearing a weird clothes show up.

"Dad is that you? The guy who's wearing a weird clothes?"Brielle asked to her dad.

"Yes, that guy is me." Adriel replied.

"Mom is a brave lady. I want to be her."Adira said.

"That's why I gave both of you the necklaces. You'll use that someday." Adriel replied.

Adriel and Sybyll did end up with each other. Sybyll died commiting suicide because she wanted to meet her mom and dad. They did became the best tandem. They were called the predictor and fighter tandem. They use their ability to help others who are in danger.

April 10, 2021 13:50

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.