15 comments

Christian Black

Oh no, oh no, oh no. it’s 5:59 in the morning and I have just woken up. Waking up has never felt like such an issue before this time. Oh no, thirty seconds before the first buffoonery may take place. This day is dreaded, not just for me, for a lot of other people too. It is finally 6:00 and I am frantically looking around me for clues to the first act of tomfoolery, but there was no sign. Weird…

I got into the bathroom and then looked around continuously for any clues as to who and where the hoax could be. All of the possibilities could come true; someone filling the toothpaste with coloured glue and me not knowing till the liquid touches my teeth, someone backwashing the mouthwash and waiting for me to come into the bathroom, someone replacing the body wash with thickened fruit juice - ok i’ll just skip the bath then.

I went to go take my breakfast from the kitchen. There were endless opportunities to ruin my day, replacing my milk with white coloured water, even my cereal being fake. “Mum!” I called frantically as she ran towards me with a resounding “what is it Aiden?!” from the kitchen sink behind me, spraying soap everywhere.

“Is everything ok with my cereal?!” I cried.

“Aiden is everything ok with you today? You’ve been acting strange.” she wondered as she left the plates, dried her hands and came to check my temperature on my forehead. I slowly backed her hand away and told her that I was fine.

“Mum, I'm fine, and it has nothing to do with my temperature!” i said as i got up and put my bowl back into the sink with all the cereal left inside and left for school.

I was walking to school, but the fear did not stop there; I was even more scared than I was when I was at home.

“AHH!” I screamed in fear and ran a few steps; and I just realised that it was just a tap on the shoulder asking if I could walk to school with them.

“What happened, did i scare you?!” he asked me in disbelief; nobody had ever seen me run that fast. Not even myself. “No it’s fine...”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes absolutely fine...” I stated, while I waited for him to catch up to me. We looked up and he noticed something.

“Aiden?”

“Yes….?”

“It is about to rain, have you got an umbrella?” he asked me, as I tried to rustle my umbrella out of my bag as I suddenly realised….

“Oh no…” I entered into self realisation…

“My mum packed my bag….”

“Why is that a problem?” he asked innocently, as if he didn’t know what day it was. He grabbed the umbrella from me and proceeded to open it. Then everything went into slow motion…

“I don’t think you should do this….”

“Why not?” asked Adam “your mother is not cursed…. It's fine.” It opened and then nothing came out of it. No roses, no poem, no letter, no dodgy liquids…. It seemed to be too good to be true…. He handed me back my umbrella and we made our way to school.

We got to school and we got into the first class. Me and Adam walked together. I got into class, and I looked above the door if there was the ‘bucket of green or red paint’ they ALWAYS have in american movies. So then I let Adam go first. There wasn’t anything to worry about, but when I walked through the door, I still checked. I took my seat and I listened to the lesson. Almost every word that came out of her mouth, I felt like she was about to call me a very bad name. And every second the video was projected on the screen, I felt like I was going to get rickrolled. But then… after about half an hour of hyperactive fright, the bell rang. I was in disbelief. “Does nobody know what day it is?” I asked Adam, but he didn't answer. Nobody did. “Oh my God, am I invisible too?”

This happened in every lesson. I looked around for any tricks, but there were none. And nobody spoke about the dreadful 24 hours that they were going through.

I went home and I plopped myself on the couch and my mum came to sit with me.

“How was school today honey?” asked my mum.

‘’It was good I guess.” I replied with a sigh.

“What happened?” she wondered.

“Oh nothing” I said with a fake smile.

“Do you want dinner?” she asked politely.

“Yeah sure, I just need to change first.” I told her, and then I ran upstairs.

I ate dinner, and even though nothing had happened previously that day, I still had the fearful tendencies, as I stared at my food until it became cold; and then I regretted it.

“Do you know what, it’s absolutely fine, my mum can never poison me. She gave birth to me.” I thought to myself. Due to the fact that there could actually be a completely mysterious and out of the blue, SUDDEN change of events, I regretted that sentence too. I put my food in the microwave and went to go and sit down at the kitchen table and waited for the ding; I knew it was coming, and I also knew it was going to terrorize me. I waited for the ding, but everywhere was completely silent in the meantime. I looked around and eventually got up. I gazed around the place, looked through the windows, up at the ceiling, down at the floor: and all of a sudden; DING! Goes the microwave. I DROPPED to the floor and my mum ran into the kitchen.

“AIDEN WHAT HAPPENED, ARE YOU OK?!” screamed my mum frantically, as she raced to get me up from the kitchen floor.

“Yes mum, I'm fine.”

“Aiden, no you are not. Come here and talk to me.” demanded my mum, as I clamoured off of the floor, dusting myself off.

“No, no, i’m fine!” I replied to my mother as I marched to get my food from the microwave and eat it in my room.

When I was done with my food, I couldn't bring myself to go downstairs so I just went to sleep.

10 hours passed and my alarm rang for 6:00 am.

“Yes!” I screamed at the top of my lungs. I don’t know what i was thinking, but i had to go to school that day, so i brushed my teeth, ended up eventually taking a bath, scrambling to put on my uniform, ate my breakfast, and headed out the door, until….

“Wait!” shouted my mum

“What happened?”

“You need to get Adam a present!”

“What do you mean? Today is April the 2nd. His birthday is on the third.”

“Yes and today IS the third.”

I can just tell she was very confused with me. She brought her watch to my face and turned my direction towards it and I came to a shocking realization. It was ACTUALLY April 3rd. Doesn’t that mean that yesterday was … April 2nd?

March 27, 2021 10:37

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

15 comments

Sarah Kerr
18:42 Apr 03, 2021

Great story :)

Reply

Sima Igiehon
19:18 Apr 03, 2021

Thanks so much

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Rose Quartz
17:56 Apr 03, 2021

I love this! It wasn't a boring story at all! I read through the entire thing and stayed interested the entire time. Nice work my friend!

Reply

Sima Igiehon
18:19 Apr 03, 2021

Ahhh thank you sooo much my friend

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Kay (:
20:22 Apr 08, 2021

Hey, I wrote a story called Trickster gets Tricked and I worked hard on it, but nobody has paid much attention to it. I was wondering if you would mind checking it out and giving some feedback on it!

Reply

Sima Igiehon
21:10 Apr 09, 2021

Yes of course id love to Just a second

Reply

Kay (:
21:36 Apr 09, 2021

Thankssssss

Reply

Sima Igiehon
12:36 Apr 10, 2021

I love it so much it's great 😁

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply

Hi Sima! I really enjoyed this funny story a lot! Keep it up<33 Also I read ur bio, wow, u do a lot of things! How do u ever have time for writing?! :)

Reply

Sima Igiehon
19:03 Apr 04, 2021

Thank you so much I get this question a lot haha I spread my time out a lot so I know when I have to do things like choir practice Thank you again it means a lot

Reply

Of course! Haha, :)) Nicee! It was great talking to u <33 NP! Also would u mind checking out my story?

Reply

Sima Igiehon
09:14 Apr 05, 2021

Yes of course

Reply

Sima Igiehon
12:56 Apr 06, 2021

I've seen it It's VERY AMAZING I have to go and take some tips from your style of writing 👀👀

Reply

Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.