0 comments

American Romance Holiday

The wedding day arrived, so did my joy and happiness as the red carpet graced her entrance. Time was slow when I saw my 'lady in white'. I was impatient to have her all day. The weird looking short priest lost concentration, because of the smile on her face.


At last, the long awaited 'kiss your bride moment is here'. 

The spontaneous reactions of people, made me shy. Her breathing rhythm increased when I patiently reached her lips, receiving the most passionate kiss ever, aside the kiss of out first encounter in the sheets.


At night, I secured the home, jovially climbed my way up to the bedroom. There is a sign on the door handle saying;


"Please, do not disturb."


is Eva alright? "You must be joking" i thought. Worried as I was, I opened the door to see the room lit with red candles on the cream coloured wall and styled white garment hung above the bed as well as roses adorning the purple sheets. Being puzzled by the absence Eva with the window opened, I called out her name, checked beneath the bed and looked out the window.


I spin around and got a soothing kiss. I was shocked, tried to break free, but she held me tight with her strong hands. I obeyed her command to lay naked on the bed. Her lap rest on my waist and I held the purple silk sheet, for being dominated by her beauty and lust. I was always in control before perhaps, I need to explore her mind.


In the evening, We jettisoned into the hotel and proceed into the bedroom for our honeymoon after a long flight. "We can be loud at night" i said. Leodis we need family planning. 


Why now?


We tour round the city, seeing good works of arts, eating delicacies, watched surfing. After, a well spent time, her face tightened as i decided to go hotel. After crossing a bridge, we crashed into a mall because the cab driver was hit in a shoot out. We cheated death but I made an entrance to a hospital. Eva....Eva.... I said with a faint voice.


Where is Eva?


I was reborn into a new world, my left arm is broken. No sooner, the doctor came in, I struggled to speak with fluent. "You're lucky young man" he said placing his hand on my shoulder. "What of my wife". He delayed his speech as his eyes break's contact. Calm down..... she's fine. "What's her condition?". She's alive but, her legs have a severe damage. She might not be able to walk. 


Why....What are you saying? I said mumbling. Please doctor, do anything possible to help her.


"Just have your rest, she'll be okay"


After few days, I'm fit enough to see her. she was crying bitterly, as I hit my bad shoulder against the door. I felt a hole in my heart as I got closer. I was speechless as she stares with tears. I grabbed a chair and caress her hairline "it's going to be alright my love". She felt like saying something but, turned away. I kissed her hands and pet her.


"Eva , I need you to be strong. There's hope. Your condition is just temporary. I assure you that if you have physiotherapy, you'll be fine" he said. "When will she be recovered? "I can't say you'll need to ask a professional physician". The physician said I should help massaging her legs.


We were welcomed by well-wishers when we got back. I became a 'married bachelor'. I cook following her instructions, do the house chores. I do my best in making her happy. One time, I reached for the cabinet above in the kitchen and so do my pants went down. She laughed. I haven't seen that laugh in a while. Maybe, I should continue to keep my pants down." I thought. 


Bars and clubs are like oxygen for my best friend Ross and he always have a babe for the night. While discussing with my friends, a  girl on mini skirt sits with her legs crossed, in seductive behavior. I smiled at her and said in thoughts. 


"Can't this stupid girls, see my ring." You're pretending, you don't want her. "Leo' have you forgotten those days. There's no girl in that street, that haven't slept on your bed. What of the daughter of the cocaine dealer whom you kidnapped that worth millions? Yeah, it isn't my fault that she's was unresistable. 

All of a sudden, your wife change you. I can't cheat on her. Hmm...... speaking of the devil, how's she? She'll be alright. "See you later man." I said. Hey, don't forget your date. I ignored him as he drinks the last from the bottle.


"Honey, how you doing" I asked as she snores on the couch. I carried her to bed, giving her a peck and I attempt to have sex. She stopped my advance saying I should pity her condition.


I stopped by the boutique, to appease her. She smiled and said, 

"is it because of yesterday? Yesterday? i asked. You bought these to bribe me. I laughed and sat close to her placing my hands on her shoulder. "I have my duties of taking care of you" i promised. "Okay, but you have to be gentle" she says.


I reached for my pocket and I picked a piece of paper.


"Hello, Leodis, I was close to you but you keep your distance. I promise i won't tell your wife, you are a drug and arms dealer. Meet me at the "purple Haze lounge" with your wife."


Is there anything? No...... it's just some paper. My comrades in crime and i got to the location in a cold night. I was watchful like an eagle, and i read the note to see if I miss an information.


Right then a waitress brought a bottle of wine asking if the note was hers. "why don't you tell me" I said. I followed her upstairs into a room in which a sexy girl with a mask in the shape of an eye lens.


In an instant, she smiled as the waitress poured my drink. Welcome Leodis why don't you take a sit. Who are you and why have you brought me here. You can be silly. If i want you to know why would I wear a mask. I know you are surprised but everyone has secrets. How much do you know? "Why did you come alone". Secrets are meant to be shared especially with your wife.


"Go straight to the point" I said. "I admire you alot" she says walking towards the window. You are the king pin in this city but everyone thinks you're a noble man. I love men of your status, so I'm here for business and pleasure. She crossed behind me massaging my shoulder saying she would like to partner with me. 


Then, why the threat's!


"Are you accepting my proposal?" she says as she sat on my end of the sofa sipping her wine.

What pleasure would you possibly get from this deal? I asked. "You don't seem to be smart. What pleasure could be between you and i" she says as she caress my cheeks. "we're done here and anytime, you are for business, let me know" I said walking away. 


You know....leo', isn't that what your friends call you? "I Know you, your life, trade routes, name it. You killed a drug Lord recently for stealing your products and got a cop killed. I don't like my button pushed. 


"With my connections with the government, you're just one second away of letting your world come crashing down" she says handing me pictures of my dealings, police reports and drug warehouses that I didn't expect anyone to know.  


When i turned around, she came feels my chest, resting her torso against mine saying she wants us to be one family. I can't cheat my wife. She doesn't have to know. Why are you doing this to me? Relax, we'll soon let you off the hook. 


She sit me down on the bed and likewise on my crotch. I had a feel of her behind, reaching for her laps. I asked what does she meant by "As I got close to you, you kept your distance" in the note. She removed her mask - it was the chick from the bar. What! Shhhh...... don't spoil my mood. We went deeper in lust, as deep as it could be. I pushed her off when she said, it was a Shame that my wife was absent.


My heart, mind and body was stolen, neglecting my wife's familiar body. Domestic violence were a norm for us. I got tired of her reminding me of my promise. Sometimes, I don't come home for a month. But, I hired a maid for her and send her love cards, which I bought when Tara kisses me in the supermarket.


In the middle of December, I was super rich and I looked forward to having a great yuletide. I got I'll and doctor Richard said I've been diagnosed with cancer. I wept on my bedroom and I had a flashback of the way my wife consoles me. What have I done? I blamed Tara but, deep down I know I betrayed our love. I got few months to make it up to her.


In Tara's drug warehouse, i relayed my condition to her my false love. Her emotions didn't tally with what I said. "Yes, I don't seem to know the problem here" said by a middle aged woman making a entrance.


What is going on here?


Simple, Tara works for me. I own all this including you.

You're right, he doesn't seem to be smart. The guards brought my knees to the ground with guns when I got closer to her clutching my fist.

She's my most beloved of my girls. It's not a crime to be a lesbian. Is it?


Your hubby! 


Yes dumb boy! she said with anger.


Why did you set me up!

Do you remember Rachel? The daughter of Mr. Jason the millionaire. "Yes..... and then. Don't tell me you're still alive".


I'm Molly her elder sister, you bastard piss of shit! What did she do to deserve this? she says crying. You disgraced her motherhood and dragged her in the mud for her to die! She place a knife on my neck. No...I won't kill you. I won't let you go easy, you deranged animal. 


She ordered about forty girls, to forcefully have sex with me. This went on every hour till I passed out for a day. I was revived just to meet Molly kicking me in the guts. Get up scum! Get ready to see your maker! I was pushed against the wall, seeing her pulling the trigger. 


"Tara shot her from behind" it was a coup.


She targeted me and said my wife is my benefactor I should thank her. How's that possible. Does she know? I thought.  

I got back home at midnight and met her weeping. My son looked back and forth as i couldn't console her nor, could I leave her.


I knelt sobering.


Eva rushed to the kitchen, when her maid fell with the plates. How's it possible you're walking?


"It's okay, I should have known you weren't the right husband. You were too nice to believe."

She saw her phone playing my sexual encounter with Tara and also photos of me doing criminal acts. I'm sorry honey.... I was awarded a slap sending me to floor which my mother dear not do. So this is your promise!


A cab came over, and she left my life for good. Just like Tara said, my life was crashing down. "I did what I had to do" I thought. I had few months to live. 


"Good morning Eva" said Tara. What...I mean, how can I help you? I come in respect of your husband. She shut the door but Tara denied her and said "I know who sent them". I know it's hard for you but, you owe yourself the truth. Talk! Aren't you going to invite me in? "You got some nerve to come after sleeping with him. Yeah, how was it. You're both free to get married now! Do you want the neighbours to know. What do you think bitch! . Leodis lived the streets before knowing you. He was a gangster!


Don't call him that! Ha.... why pretend you don't love him. Eva went to her garden followed by Tara.


"He's the only one who catered for me when we y homeless. He always sit on the bench by the road trying to start a conversation, where i sleep by the corner. One night, he sat close to me and from then on it happened just like the fairy tales.


We connected deeply as we discussed our poor lives. But after every visit, he provided food and other things for me and goes away. I followed him behind, like a ninja and saw him holding a key beside a car as if he attempting to open it. . The keys fell into the drainage. I startled him and asked about the keys, he said "it's a spare key of an apartment I once had."


"Every time I feel my reality I look upon this key with hope - living in a warm room. Why are you following me" he said. Is it wrong to take a walk?" He scoffed and bid me goodbye.


On February 14, he drove that same car to where I was buying junk food and explained everything. I agreed with him since he looks suspicious that night I traced him. He was wealthy but pretended to be homeless to ask me out and got married."


I owe him but, it's too much to bear". Having watched the video, how can I forgive him. Even if i do, we can't be together. She narrated the ordeals of the blackmail and told her my predicament. But, he loved cheaty, he hated me. "I understand says Tara". She cried "No ,you don't". I just wanted a good marriage.


It's the end of the year with just some hours to go. I made arrangements to make her happy even if I couldn't fufill my promise. I invited her for a dance and dinner on a new year Eve. To my surprise she wore clothes of Jade colour which is a little revealing. We looked each other as I feed her and ate together. We discussed our past, present and future which I won't be a partaker of . 


We felt each other heartbeats against each other as we swept the floor dancing slowly like the gentle wave of the sea. Her earrings made sounds as she swing around into my arms with wide smiles. Her lips glistened as she breathe softly. Slowly, I perceived her hair. Her scent ignited a desire as I held her curve carefully. Her lips tempted me for a response but I kissed her neck softly which makes her to hold me firmly. She asked "why haven't we be like this before?"


The fireworks sounded the arrival of a new year. "I was stupid and foolish but I now realize your love is priceless". Good bye Leodis. She broke the chemistry and walked away saying 


"I had a great time". I was selfish to wanted more that night.


Eva could'nt hold her grief which causy an auto crash. She called at the hospital. It was just a minor injury. I removed my hat as I closed the space between us. The doctor came asking me if I'm her husband.


She said yes.


I asked the Dr. Richard about my cancer. He said I don't have cancer. Tara came in saying yes and that injected with malaria to look sick she said.


Why?


"I knew you'll be separated. when we were together in bed you'll say her name in your sleep. Although, I was a bit jealous. But, I valued the love he has for you. He's your weakness Eva - I knew if he's in danger, you'll be with him, so I injected him to manipulate your emotions."

"I didn't believe it worked." she says with confidence.


As for you Leo' you're not smart like we all thought. You felt alright after the doctor gave you medicine and you believed, you had cancer?


I was joyful but felt like beating her up after that statement.


The year got better for us and the rest of our lives without betrayal.

January 01, 2021 21:55

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.