5 comments

Fantasy Romance Teens & Young Adult

This is the second passage, first is "A Paranormal Beginning"!


The miraculously handsome vampire standing outside behind that tree seemed to make me suspicious, nervous, embarrassed, surprised, and even just plain pissed. I mean, hello, heard of a thing called privacy? I decide to exit the bed and put on my clothes after I look to make sure that the creep outside, was not looking through the window. I immediately run out of our beautiful wooden log cabin, that is after I tell Jacob I'm gonna go for a run. Which was not technically a lie, I mean I would chase vampire boy all around the yard, and once he is out of breath ill just slowly, painfully rip out every bit of his gorgeous white hair, and then ill throw him back into the tree line surround us shouting “Go back to hell!”. Yeah, sounds like a plan, anyway, here I am, at the tree line just out of view from Jacob as I look at the oak tree from the side, motioning for “creepy-stranger dude” to come over to me.

The first moment he caught Jacob not looking he silently walked over toward me and did something strange, he bowed to one knee and tipped his head downward.” I apologize for the inconvenience, and for invading your privacy, but my boss is close, and I said I would return the favor so-” His tone was polite, sincere, and sexy, that is until I interrupted him.” The hell with this sincere crap, get to the point, who is your boss, And do I get Jacob out of the woods? ”My voice was harsh and serious, nowhere near as sincere as his apology was, but he still answered me, his voice was full of respect as he remained on his knee. "My boss…he's a demon from hell, a creation of destruction, like myself. His eyes are pitch black, his hair is the color of crimson blood, like the blood of his victims, and he is not to mess with. I warn you to get “Jacob” out of this forest before it's too late”. 

I thought, hesitating for just a second, thinking about what else to ask, and realized something I should have done earlier,” How can you walk in the sunlight, you're a vampire correct? ”He seemed almost surprised, and then replied, sounding amused,” That's easy, look at this". He Pulled a necklace out from under his white greased shirt. It was a beautifully encrusted black necklace, embedded with little pieces of silver throughout the light black gem as gold aligned the outside of it, making the golden chain that held it around his neck. I didn't think witches were real, but clearly, he got this magical piece of jewelry from somewhere.” Where is your witch?” I said, sounding more curious than intimidating, he replied to my clueless face with a gentle, informative tone, like a teacher would a student.

“A dwarf ”.I looked at him clueless “Excuse me?” I said, making my voice match my facial expression. “No witch, a dwarf created my amulet, and he's dead now, has been for a while”. He finally rose to both his feet, now towering over me. He was tall and attractive, and his eyes seemed to glow a bright crimson like before, except it didn't remind me of blood this time, it reminded me of a transparent ruby, glistening in midday light.

His eyes were beautiful, instantly changing to a subtle golden wheat color, like the shiny gold chain that hung around his neck and amulet. Huh, i wonder if it has something to do with his mood? He spoke breaking the silence between us “I need to go…he's near, get your lover the hell outta here, now". And with two sprints, he broke past the tree line I stood beside, leaving nothing but a heavy smell of cedar behind him. I rushed inside and thought about how I'm gonna get Jacob to leave the cabin, and I came up with such an inconvenient excuse, it was almost embarrassing.

“C'mon honey, that toilet won't unclog itself". I know, I know, but we don't have a plunger, and the only place to get one is a shop about two hours out from the woods. I kiss him goodbye and send him on that fake errand, hoping it buys me time to find this “demon” before he gets back, with a plunger, and a very annoyed look as I tell him when he walks through the door, "sorry honey, the problems fixed, i found one in the basement". He got in the 1980 model Chevy and drove away on the gravel path, leading him to the main blacktop road. I thought about calling the vampires name throughout the forest, then I realized how much of an idiot I am. I failed to ask his name…twice! “Lovely…time to start wandering throughout the forest I guess…”.I murmured and mumbled to myself as I became more agitated by the minute.” Behind you”, a voice of sharp amusement came from behind me, deep and low, but this is the first time I'd heard it.

Instantly jumping and turning around, I recognized the descriptions vampire boy (what else do I call him?) gave me. His eyes seemed cold and black as I glanced at his face, admiring his figure. His body was muscular, not athletic but you could tell he was strong, he was about six foot two, towering over me as a vampire boy had earlier (gotta say, it gets old being short). His large arms were layered with tribal tattoos, all the way from his shoulder blades to his wrists. And his face was gorgeous, it too was layered with tattoos all around the edges where his hair and head met, looking like a labyrinth engraved into his skin.

” you're looking for me, correct?” He said in a questionable tone, looking at me with a faint smile and full attention.” Yeah, why the hell are you outta hell?” I said confidently as I looked forward into his dead-looking eyes, furious and annoyed. He laughed after a moment of silence, his laugh was joyous and attractive, and his tone seemed deep and almost dangerous as if he knew something I didn't.” Well there are several ways I could answer that, the more amusing question is, why are you out here looking for me?".

I froze, breaking eye contact for just a second as I thought carefully about my next words,” I heard there was a demon in these woods, and I live around here, so, of course, I wanted to prove the drunk man in the bar wrong". No way am I telling him I live in these woods, and sure as heck ain't ratting out vampire boy (he, whom I cannot name), so I'll go for the innocent human approach.” Ah, I see, so you're a werewolf, well you're not a very good liar, so I have a question, how do you think I knew, that you know about me? ”My eyes had to have shown fear somehow, I felt my heart beat rapidly, and anxiously as I panicked in silence, I then spoke in a soft whisper like my voice would break…” What did you do to him?”


April 05, 2023 12:48

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

5 comments

Michał Przywara
22:06 Apr 05, 2023

The plot thickens! We got a new player on the scene, and it's clear he's dangerous. And we have no idea what he's up to, which makes the situation tense. The narrator does get Jacob out of the way, to safety - she still cares for him. But she's clearly expecting trouble. And I'm not sold on the motivations of the vampire. Is he really just repaying a favour? Or is this an elaborate trick? I could see him swooping in to capture Jacob while the narrator is distracted - but I could be wrong. Either way, that'll be revealed in the future :) ...

Reply

15:17 Apr 19, 2023

im almost done with the next part lol,you have no idea how glad that makes me to hear your continuing to read my passages! If you have an idea or prompt you want me to try,i would definetly appreciate it! it allows me to expand my mind,to try and word different stories as i continue to progress in writing.Thank you!!!

Reply

Michał Przywara
20:46 Apr 21, 2023

For prompts, what I found works for me is the weekly Reedsy contest. Both the ones that immediately give me a story idea, and the ones where I don't even know where to start - though those are much harder, naturally :) Outside of that, if you're not already spending some time reading other people's work, definitely add that to the list. It's a great way to improve writing, and is entertaining. After you read a story/book/whatever (even movies and games, really) reflect on it, ask yourself if you liked it or not (or if there were parts you ...

Reply

11:23 Apr 24, 2023

Thank you for the support and advice,I really appreciate it,your the one out of very few whom have commented on my stories more than once,and you were the first to ever comment when I posted my first story,and my second,helping me get the feedback i needed! And i am reading others stories,im pretty sure i commented on one of yours awhile ago lol.

Reply

Show 0 replies
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
Show 1 reply
12:50 Apr 05, 2023

I'm not the best at titles or grammar, and I've only been at this a short while, so please leave ANY honest feedback or advice, I would deeply appreciate it!

Reply

Show 0 replies
RBE | Illustration — We made a writing app for you | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.