0 comments

Christmas Drama Kids

Our little neighborhood, usually kept to themselves. There was a couple of kids, but mostly just old couples. We tried to give them gifts around the holidays, but mostly gave up because of their nasty words. We started to blend in with the neighborhood, and keep to our self. Today is my birthday, and the only thing I wanted was to stay home and sleep. My family however thought of something else.

"Mommy~" Little Maggie complained, jumping on my bed.

I groaned and pushed her off. She landed on the floor with a thud.

"Mommy!!" She screamed.

I sighed and sat up. I rubbed the sleep out of my eyes and looked at her.

"What is it Mag?" I yawned.

"Daddy made breakfast and he wants you to get up!" She yelled, getting up and placing her hands on her hips. My my, did that girl have some attitude.

"Don't yell, your going to wake your little brother." I said, getting out of bed. I waddled out of my room, Maggie staying real close to me.

I walked in the kitchen and plopped myself on a stool.

"Your awake, about time." Elijah said, keeping his eyes on the pan.

"Can't I just sleep?" I laughed, picking up Maggie and setting her on my lap.

"I have such a fun day planned for you today." He said again, scooping eggs on a plate.

"Oh really?" I asked, running my fingers through Maggie's brown curls.

Elijah placed a plate of eggs and bacon in front of me. I smiled and looked at him.

"Thanks love." I sat Maggie down and started eating my food.

"Maggie want some food?" I asked her.

She nodded and smiled, showing her gap from her missing tooth.

I got off the stool and got her some food. I placed it next to me, and lifted her on the stool. Her hand darted to the fork and started eating.

"So, I know that you don't like talking to people in the neighborhood, but my Mom just moved into the neighborhood. She has something she wants to give you for your birthday, but you just have to go and talk to her." Elijah said, leaning on the counter.

"Really? That's very nice of her but-"

"You don't want to." He cut in.

I sighed and nodded.

"Katie, you have to do things that you don't want to do. Please? It would mean the world to my mom." He begged.

I sighed and putted my fork down.

"Can't she just come over here?" I asked.

"She can barley walk Kate. It would be easier if you walked over there." He announced.

"I barley know your mother Elijah! She might not even recognize me!" I complained.

"She knows you Kate. Please just do it for me." He said, placing his hand on mine.

"Fine." I said, getting up and walking to my bedroom. I looked in my son, ben's crib and smiled, seeing him still fast asleep.

Ben was officially 5 months old, and when he slept, he didn't make a peep. The birth was a little confusing. Every time I had a contraction, ben's heart rate would go down. They had to do a surgery, cause they were scared ben would die if we did a natural birth.

I decided to wear a cute pink sweater, with shorts, I curled my hair and putted it up in a high pony tail, completed with a pair of boots. I kissed everybody good bye and got my keys and got in my car. I drove to the address that Elijah sent me. I parked next to the curb and got out. I walked up to the door and knocked softly. The door swung open and reviled an old lady with her hair down.

She was wearing a button up shirt, and slacks. She gave me a small, innocent smile. I heard stories about how sweet she was, and how hard she took it when she found out her husband died in a car crash. Maggie was just born when we found out, and it left a hole in Elijah's heart. Since then, I always made sure to make him feel safe and loved.

"Hi, I'm Katie, your daughter in law?" I asked.

"Oh yes! Welcome!" She clarified. She opened the door wider for me to step in her house. It was beautiful.

"This house is beautiful." I said smiling.

"Thank you dear. I tend to decorate quiet often." She smiled.

"Elijah said you had something for me?" I asked, wanting to get this over with.

"Oh yes." She scurried to a room and returned with a box. She opened it and reveled a beautiful gold necklace.

"This used to be mine, and now it is yours." She closed it and gave it to me.

"Thank you so much." I said, hugging her.

"Your welcome. Come back soon!" She called as I walked out the door.

After that, our family made sure to visit her for the holidays and visit her more often. The neighborhood still kept to themselves, but we didn't. We started dropping off goodie bags to each door, for a little treat. My kids always loved running to the door and ring the door bell. I wear the necklace every day, as a sign I faced my fear and stood out of my comfort zone. I was so happy to meet my In law.

Good heaven. That took forever. Haha. I had my wonderful dog lay next to me, (well under the tree) and keep me focused. Thank you so much for reading, I LOVE making stories and sharing them with you guys. I did write 2 stories in a week...I think, but wow. That was a challenge! I had to come up with a lot of new names for this story. Ben is the name of my cousin, Maggie is the name of my bestie, Katie is a short nickname of mine, and Elijah was just a name for a website. Thank you all so much for reading, make sure to follow me as I post every week. Stay safe and Merry Christmas!!!

December 17, 2020 16:06

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

RBE | We made a writing app for you (photo) | 2023-02

We made a writing app for you

Yes, you! Write. Format. Export for ebook and print. 100% free, always.