0 comments

Drama High School Fiction

I looked up at the clock and exhaled knowing its almost time. Before I think something else I heard it.

               “Ayuki honey dinner is ready.”

That’s my mother and I shut the book looking back at the door,

                               “It’s showtime, Ayuki,”

 I said to myself and walk down to the dining room.

It’s been like this for the last 2 months, I am under close observation of my parents and my doctor. And thanks to him, my food is monitored, my sleep is controlled, my pocket money is deducted, (something I can’t forgive him ever) my comfortable cozy time was eliminated.

What he wants me to do is run all the time or walk, at least crawl in the ground but not sit and definitely not sleep until it a night.

Why this happening to me suddenly because they say I am overweight.

So am I overweight?

 Hell yeah! I am overweight.

But the funny thing is it didn’t happen overnight. I am overweight since I was like 12 and my parents start to notice that now.

I set on my chair, my food is served on my plate and my mother closed me the Pepper and Soult.  I have my fork in hand. I learn so much about vegetable for the last 2 months, Carrot is good for eyes, Green beans are good for kidney and Tomato is good for the heart and so on. But any of this not explains why I have to eat this all the time.

They want me to eat this food until they reach their target, having the perfect figure. If you ask the definition for the “perfect figure” I am pretty much sure my definition of the “perfect figure” is completely opposite to the one they are planning for me.

I lift my head and kept the fork on my plate, I drank some water knowing all this time I am been watched by my parents and now I see their satisfied faces.

               “I am finished,” I announced.

               “My brave girl.”

My father complimented me which I don’t felt myself at all, and my mother smiled at me.

               All this time they are watching my eating so they didn’t have more than two or three-bite of their food. Even it is not polite to leave in the middle of a meal I don’t want to stay here anymore,

“So, can I go to my room?’ I asked politely.

My parent exchanged a look and I had my permission. I excused and walk back to my room, but before I step out from the dining room,

           “Don’t up all night, sleep early don’t strain your body.”

Thanks for reminding me, mom.

                               “I have tons of home works to do mom,"

I remind her about a piece of my life which she never considers when they brought this dumb diet plan into my life.

“I know honey, but you must stick with this plan, then you can have better results in no time. And you can eat anything you want again” She said.

I smile like stupid then walk back to my room and shut the world behind me and slam on the door.

Once upon a time dinner was my favorite time of the day, not because I can eat tasty food which my mother cooked but also we all gather and talk about the day and share our life.

Now it’s changed into the most cryptic time of the day. These days we don’t talk much and my parents looking at my eating which is not fun.

But what is wrong with it? Having a healthy body and the perfect figure is a good thing right?

You might ask.

Yes of course, but what is a perfect body? Just like I said once my interpretation is completely different from the one you have.

I walk to the mirror and look at the reflection on it.

I am Ayuki Diyansa, who is 17 years old chubby girl who is struggling to survive in this battle of a perfect figure.

When I see myself in the mirror, I see myself in the mirror. My chubby face where my eyes nose and mouth are resting my hair which is cover my ears and at the moment bit messy. The dark circles around my eyes remind me I was up last night for the assignment I must complete,

My still hurting wrist remind me I was typing all this time, my slightly hurting head reminds me that I was reading and typing all night and as a hard-working student most of the time I spend like that. The large body of mine reminds me of the only relive I had all this time, the only thing which energies me, helped me keep going.

“My food.”

It says food is also a medicine, nice tasty food always function us well. We depend on food and with the life I live I needed it more because I need more energy than others as a hard-working student I must eat more food to keep me well function.

 Simply speaking my body represents the life I lived till now. It carries the evidence of my life. My feelings, my achievements, proof of my hard works, and many more.

With the life I live, isn’t this is what the perfect figure of my kind? Who works in the brain all the time? As a person who enjoys what I do, isn’t this the healthiest body that I can have?

What is the point of keeping someone starves all day not understanding their lifestyle? What is the use of it if that not help that person’s life?

First I try to align with the diet plan; I had soup for breakfast, a very little amount of rice and vegetables for lunch, and as for dinner a salad. With this food habit, I stay starve and I lost my concentration because all the time the only thing that was in my head was the food.

Not because I am greedy for tasty food, that’s because I needed food for the proper function of my body, my lifestyle, my brain the most important part of my life.

For the last two months I am been forced to find secret methods to fulfill my basic need for food, and the results,

Well, that was not satisfying, not me but my parents and that stupid doctor who thinks he knows everything about my life.

Since nothing changed he changes the strategy.

What makes me upset is my parents, I was who I was since the day I born and they accepted me. And I found my path in life and they were proud of me. Suddenly were this perfect figure part came from?

My shelf stored all of the source knowledge and success of my hard work. My books, trophies and medals, and more.

I walked to my shelf, this is the evidence of my life which I lived, and what I plan to live. I enjoyed each and every moment of my life which represents by these medals and trophies here.  

I brush out all the bad things that happened at the dinner. I have more important things to think of, more important things to focus on, I can’t let a stupid diet plan ruin all my perfect plans. Plans which I made for myself.

I open my drawer and have a bar of chocolate, I carefully remove the wrap and settle on my chair and pay attention back to the book.

Tomorrow there will be dinner with the same kind of experience. And maybe it will stand for the next months too. But nothing will change.

               After all, this is my life.

May 21, 2021 21:09

You must sign up or log in to submit a comment.

0 comments

Bring your short stories to life

Fuse character, story, and conflict with tools in the Reedsy Book Editor. 100% free.